Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #11
FreeFreddy

But still, that game should be at least as good as the first game. Else it's just wasted work and time. <_<

Old 30-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #12
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Jan 30 2005, 01:39 PM
But still, that game should be at least as good as the first game. Else it's just wasted work and time. <_<
As long it's good i`m happy
Old 31-01-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by wormpaul@Jan 30 2005, 04:32 PM
As long it's good i`m happy
Same here. Though I really liked the first title, I won't be comparing it to that. Given the absence of good graphical adventures at the moment, I'll take a good title even if it isn't a great one.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 02-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #14
gildedgirth
Abandonia nerd

Just curious, if this game gets release, how do you think it'll do in sales? Popular belief in the gaming industry seems to think point and click adventures are is now a niche and small market for gaming but I wonder about that. I know for sure I'll be buying it and when I think about my friends and relatives that would love to play another LucasArt game, there are many, and these are often people who don't play games often too but loved playing Lucasart adventure games. I think adventure games is actually still a viable and popular market for the PC

Look at the popularity of the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games and clones. While past girlfriends of mine couldn't stand watching me play videogames, they loved it when I played these adventure type games on my console systems as they dug the story. While they aren't 2d point and click games, they are essentially adventure games.

Anyway, I hope Steve Purcell is cool and gives permission when he gets the rights back in Spring to get the game developed and hopefully we can see a new Sam and Max game by X-mas time.
gildedgirth is offline                         Send a private message to gildedgirth
Old 02-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #15
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

It'll be interesting to see where this goes I'm looking forward to the game, and maybe TellTale games will end up with the license, after all most of the team that worked on Freelance Police are there now, but whoever gets the license all the best to them.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 02-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #16
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, Stroggy, is it coming up?
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 02-02-2005, 09:22 PM   #17
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well you heard what happened, the negotiations failed.