Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-08-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
Jimbo the Legend

Does anyone know of a way to use ISO files off the HD but have them run as CD's(if that makes sense!!)

I mean using the files without burning them onto CD. I read somewhere that you can do this with Alcohol 120 but I cant figure out how it works.

Thnx in advance

J
Jimbo the Legend is offline                         Send a private message to Jimbo the Legend
Old 11-08-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

if you downloaded an ISO file, then much probably it will turn to nothing if you burn it to a cd. you will really need Alcohol 120% or some other similar aplication (i can' t tell you if there is another one). i don' t understand what you are really asking: is it for a program to open iso files or how to open the iso files with Alcohol? maybe you are asking both

i used the trial version of Alcohol once but now it has expired so i can' t help you much, but for what i remember it was quite easy to use. you open the iso file and the program will create a virtual drive where the files inside the iso are located and this virtual drive will act as a cd drive but with higher reading speed. if you want to burn the files to a cd, then burn them from this virtual drive. i can' t help you much more than this, maybe someone else can be more specific. k:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 12-08-2005, 12:10 AM   #3
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

MagicISO can make cue/bin files. You can use Daemon Tools to mount this to a Virtual Drive that does not expire.

Dos box can mount certain types of images, but I do not remember which kinds and formats it supports.

This topic is one of those best not spoken about, as these files are considered duplication and can be used for redistribution.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 12-08-2005, 06:27 AM   #4
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

I generally use Deamon tools, it works easy just select the ISO you want to use and deamon tools shows it in explorer as the real cd..
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 12-08-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Both Daemon Tools and Alcohol120 can mount ISO files as regular CD roms . Daemon tools are available in programs section on Abandonia's front page.

With UltraISO you can create and edit ISO files.

Google the other ones.

I forgot, you can mount CD directly inside DOSBox.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue