Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 26-01-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 24-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
fonso

Is anyone else getting those "divide by zero" errors when running the game in dosbox? They seem to be related to the cycle number assigned to dosbox and appear when starting or flying the mantas (in the 3d environment). The game crashes and I get a "divide by zero" error then. For a fixed number of cycles the error appears in deterministic situations, but the situations vary with the number of cycles.

Any ideas?

Old 25-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Change Core to Normal.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 25 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]296263[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Change Core to Normal.
[/b]
What is Core? Anyway, upgrading to the latest dosbox (0.70) solves the problem. The version I used before was 0.65

Old 26-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Core is a setting in DOSBox.conf that changes the way DOSBox emulates a CPU.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
Japo
Autonomous human

The dynamic core emulation is more stable in 0.70 than in previous versions, besides other improvements and speed optimization, so do use the latest version as a rule of thumb. Or maybe it's that 0.70 set core to normal because of its default auto mode.
Old 27-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
Guest_Falcon_*

Is there some way to set your defences to fire automaticaly? From what I remember from years ago when I first played this game, 90% of the systems are there just to distract you. What is the point of launching flares for example, if it prevents you from actualy shooting down the enemy planes.

As for killing the enemy carrier, that's not even a challange. Once you know where it is, just launch a walrus with those nasty guided missles. A full salvo will kill the enemy.

Old 28-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
Guest_Reyth_*

Yup this game totally rocks. What killed it for me though was when I found out how easy it is to kill the enemy carrier: you need only ONE LONE WALRUS.

After I saw that I deleted the game. Really a shame.

Old 26-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #9
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Up until now it seems the gamepage linked to the thread for the game "Cardinal Of The Kremlin, The".

That has been fixed, and the gamepage is sending you now to the right thread - this one.
Old 27-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
VFRHawk
Default Enemy Carrier Strength

As a matter of interest, has anybody ever tried to find where the enemy carriers hull strength is stored? I see there's a .dat file, which opens as gobbledygook in Wordpad, but I wonder if someone with some programming knowledge would be able to open that in the right program and see if there's anyway to adjust the enemy carriers "hit points"? Just a thought.

I remember playing this on my old Atari ST - in fact it was one of the main reasons I bought my Atari ST! - and I'm going to give the PC version another crack. Would be nice to be able to make the enemy carrier more of a challenge though!

VFRHawk