Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Hi there, I got some old avi-files on my HD. And since I want to ban them from HD I just asked myself if it would be possible to change them to a dvd appropriate file. Of course, nero would do that. But it doesn't run under vista. Of course I googled a little bit but I only found programs that weren't an all-in-one solution. These programs like TMPGenc have to convert avi to mpeg2 first. After that one has to use another program to create .vob-files etc. Does somebody know an easy way to convert avi to dvd? And it has to be in dvd-format cause my dvd-player doesn't support divx. Also it would be great, if the file-size wasn't much bigger than the original one...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 18-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
BlindMonk

Well, since Nero is out of the question, I've found a lot of info on video-related issues from Videohelp.com

Here's a bunch of guides listed there for the AVI-to-DVD conversion you're after, good if only for the links to all-in-one solutions.
BlindMonk is offline                         Send a private message to BlindMonk
Old 18-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Now that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much BlindMonk

Even though the files are enlarged when using the program. But it surely is impossible to keep the original file-size while converting an avi to mpeg or something similar, isn't it?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone