Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #11
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

I don't know what kind of joke this one is. But if the program wants it, I install with recommended settings and customize afterwards. Maybe there's still a difference. But I've nothing to hide. If they want to spy: here you are... BTW I don't think that this issue is really done on purpose. It's just a bug. If that would be some kind of backdoor or something Microsoft would know how to hide better :-)
Well, and I must say: yes there are some bugs. But they aren't that problem. They will be solved in the next few months I believe. But it's still a big difference if you just upgrade or if you have an adapted system...
And it came two my ears that I don't have any other choice. There were people who tried to install XP on my vaio model and had to send it to sony afterwards. Not even the service at the department store was able to repair it... don't know if this one is a true story. But I won't try...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 07-03-2007, 02:26 AM   #12
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Sounds a little on the fake side to me.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 07-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Mar 6 2007, 11:50 PM) [snapback]282201[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
But if the program wants it, I install with recommended settings and customize afterwards.[/b]
Actually that's what the customization BEFORE ought to do. <_< If you want the setting that way, you want the setting that way and nothing else. I mean - cheapest freeware programs are capable of it but costly Vista can't?! :tai:
Quote:
Originally posted by Don C+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Don C)</div>
Quote:
But I've nothing to hide. If they want to spy: here you are...[/b]
I always feel like answering: You wouldn't want a stranger watch you all the time. Even if he does nothing else but watching.
Quote:
Originally posted by Don C@
BTW I don't think that this issue is really done on purpose. It's just a bug. If that would be some kind of backdoor or something Microsoft would know how to hide better :-)
Have you heard that they actually had a plan to scan ALL HARDDISKS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET? And that they want to collaborate with this crazy Sony copyright surveillance? You couldn't even run a burned audio CD. :blink:
<!--QuoteBegin- Don C

And it came two my ears that I don't have any other choice. There were people who tried to install XP on my vaio model and had to send it to sony afterwards. Not even the service at the department store was able to repair it... don't know if this one is a true story. But I won't try...<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(win98 @ Mar 7 2007, 04:26 AM) [snapback]282219[/snapback]
Quote:
Sounds a little on the fake side to me.
[/b][/quote]Yep. To me as well.

EDIT: Please do not think I want to display you as a moron or n00b since these words may sound offensive. I'm really upset with Vista that's the reason for sounding that way.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #14
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

No, I get you completely right. I know that I'm no n00b. And just because I didn't bother about Vista before I'm no morron, either :-) Believe me, if you had told me that I would own a notebook with vista on it, I would have called you crazy :-) I namely wasn't interested in that OS at all... Ok, in Vista issues I might be a complete morron and n00b. But I wouldn't ask, if I wasn't... :-D And I'm not huffy at all :-)
I'm glad that many nice people are around that are interested in my problems. And I can understand quite well that somebody whos profession is within the IT-branch knows better and has his reasons to damn vista...

EDIT: And now really, would you try to ****up your brand-new notebook? I'm normally not that anxious. But I've had had problems with my PC for two months right now. I don't feel about to tinker my system. My PC is just a better typewriter.... :-)
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 08-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #15
win98
In the loop on hardware.

I even heard that I vista thinks you are trying to do piracy it will stop the devices that allow you to from working while you are in windows.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #16
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

That might explain the port-forwarding problems I had recently. But astonishingly everything works fine now. I installed Windows from scratch and didn't install e.g. windows-vista codec pack. The problem with Vista seems to be that the devil's in the details...

Concerning the whole privacy thing I must say that I think that there's a lot of exaggeration on the web. For example the FBI worked together with Microsoft... Woooo, sounds quite fishy. But as far as I know they even worked together on XP. If they're spying, than you can expect that they aren't doing it for the first time with vista. And even if they do... What happens when using a pirated version of Windows? Nothing, barring that Windows won't work anymore... and therefore I don't believe that MS will send somebody to your door just because you burnt an audio or used P2P. Think that would be an expensive and very complex piece of work.

I'm far from defending Vista. Don't think something like that. But many things doesn't seem to be right. So somehow P2P works now (don't really know why, which is a nuisance), and I even can listen to a burnt audio-cd. But I still say: everything ran more stable under XP. I will self-test around a little while... and after that I'll weigh up, if it's worth trying to install XP. Hopefully you're right then and the people on the vaio-forum are just advertising for sony and therefore faking
Old 08-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #17
Japo
Autonomous human

Windows Update recently asked me if I wanted to install a program that would serve the purpose of checking whether my copy of Windows is legit. Well my copy was pre-installed and is legit but, a program using resources just to tell MS that? And what's in for me? No thanks.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #18
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Mar 8 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]282465[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The problem with Vista seems to be that the devil's in the details... [/b]
Yep. It looks good. But if you look under the covers it's all crap. <_<
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ Mar 8 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]282473[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Windows Update recently asked me if I wanted to install a program that would serve the purpose of checking whether my copy of Windows is legit. Well my copy was pre-installed and is legit but, a program using resources just to tell MS that? And what's in for me? No thanks.[/b]
I'm absolutely with you here, Japofran. k:
Old 08-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #19
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Well, the only solution that appears to me here is that my next system definately will be a pseudo-mac...

I doubt by the wy that the program that checks the integrity of your os will slow down your system. It's more something like a browser plugin. Never had a problem with that. Always updated XP via internet and never had any problems. Neither with software nor with anything else... It might be a problem if you own a 486DX4/100. and you must have a crutch like this or a pirated version of your os Just kidding of course...
Old 09-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #20
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Well now it seems that the vista codec pack is a piece of crap that screws up vista.