Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-06-2005, 02:58 AM   #31
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

Great game, are there any manuals or walkthroughs anywhere cause some things are kinda confusing, and it works for me in windows, cause i have ME, but when i try to run with both sound and music, it says it needs at least 600k. Anyone know what I can do? Also sometimes the sound stops working after a few mins. Any advice?
Aramazon is offline                         Send a private message to Aramazon
Old 09-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #32
Spoonman
Flyswatter

Does Wolf has any sound? I can hear music, but no sound fx though (which you'd think a game simulating a wolf can not do without)
Old 09-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #33
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Unhappy

Great game, are there any manuals or walkthroughs anywhere cause some things are kinda confusing, and it works for me in windows, cause i have ME, but when i try to run with both sound and music, it says it needs at least 600k. Anyone know what I can do? Also sometimes the sound stops working after a few mins. Any advice? [quote]

Hmmm...what Windows system do you have? XP? I don't know, this is hard to fix. And by the way, Why would you want a walkthrough, its a simulation game. No real object :blink:
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 17-06-2005, 01:07 AM   #34
MacLeod

I have Lion on CD. I would love to upload it I just have no idea how to go about that. Anyone care to walk me through it?

Old 17-06-2005, 02:02 AM   #35

Does anybody have a link to a dosbox tutorial?
Im trying to run this game but i cant do it without DOSbox and i forgot how to run dosbox. :angry:
I remember seeing a tutorial on how to run it on this site one day...dont remember what game though. *cries*

Old 17-06-2005, 06:46 AM   #36
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 17 2005, 02:02 AM
Does anybody have a link to a dosbox tutorial?
Anubis wrote a very nice DOSBox tutorial: http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=index&FAQ=1
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 09-07-2005, 06:26 AM   #37
Ryntha

Hi, just wondering how you mate? I mean, I know how to take care of pups (saw it in the demo) and stuff, but I don't know which season is mating season or how you get the alpha female to mate you (yes I know you have to be the alpha male). I assume it's spring, so I set the simulation to spring and keep on clicking on the alpha female then click 'do you want to mate - yes'. The female just keeps raising her tail and running away, which is really annoying. So just wondering...did I get the mating season wrong or is it near impossible to mate or..what? Confused here.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:38 PM   #38
Guest_Fox

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone still reads this thread but there you go, I've decided, because of some confusion on my part and others, to write a quick start tutorial here for you. Three Sections.

Getting Started:

First of All, download and unzip the game to C;\WOLF and then download DOSBOX. Most modern computers no longer support Sound Blaster, so you may have to check where your sound card is, but Dosbox usually does the settings for you.

So go ahead and open DOSBox. (After it's installed of course). Now type in mount c C:\ (Or the location of your main hard drive where you put the WOLF directory)
Type c:
Now type cd\WOLF
then setup.exe

Go through that, For my computer I selected Sound Source then Sound Blaster for music.

Once you exit, type WOLF.exe

You should now be full speed ahead with music and sound.

FAQ.

Q:I can't hear any sound!
A: Check your volume first of all, thats the basic thing to do. But if not, try both SOund Blaster and Sound Source. Sound Source should work with dosbox.

Q:I can't hear music!
A: Really? Turn up your volume. By default, DOSBox will usually assign to the old DOS MIDI system, make sure you select Sound Blaster, that works for me, try different card selections.

Q:How do you mate??
A: You really wanna see these Wolves shag, huh? Well it takes a lot of effort to do this, you basically need to stick to your female alpha wolf, catch pray for her, find water for her and keep her alive basically, and when mating time comes, it'll happen. Watch for her sleeping nearer you and walking nearer to you and stuff. If you see these signs, click on her and see if she wants to mate by selecting Yes.

Q:I can't catch prey!
A: You will at first not know how to do this. You use your senses to smell and hear prey, and you'll see it if you follow these senses, but it'll run away, and you'll chase it, but you won't catch it. You have to click on it for something to happen, this initiates the wolf attack. Try clicking a few times, you will kill it easily if your endurace guage is full(ish).

Q:What are the buttons in the challenge mode?
A:The Red is for attack, the Blue is for Defense, and Yellow is run away. That's as far as I can see anyway.

I hope this helps you p[eople, does anyone know where I can find the survival manual anywhere without buying the game?

Old 12-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #39
Arabeska

I hate my dosbox, "wolf" runs so slowly... and music is bad :tai: Hm, who knows where can i get the clear DOS? I want to play "wolf" clearly. Dosbox sux :not_ok:

Old 12-07-2005, 07:08 PM   #40
Guest_Fox

Dosbox is Dos, with a few bugs, the fullscreen is buggered.

Question, what is the animal that makes that god awful SKREEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEWWWWK!!!!!! sound?