Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-02-2006, 07:58 AM   #31
Chilakzu

Anyone looking to play almost any DOS games on Windows XP, NT SP4, or Windows 2000 with sound should try VDMSound... It is free online and works great. It also works as a kind of DOSBox even though it doesn't say so. After installing this program you right click on the games executable and click on run with "VDMSound."

Old 18-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #32
beholder fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chilakzu@Feb 8 2006, 08:58 AM
Anyone looking to play almost any DOS games on Windows XP, NT SP4, or Windows 2000 with sound should try VDMSound... It is free online and works great. It also works as a kind of DOSBox even though it doesn't say so. After installing this program you right click on the games executable and click on run with "VDMSound."
i have been looking for these games for years..i downloaded them now i cant play cause it keeps asking me question that are found in rulebook i dont have one..can anyone help me

Old 18-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #33
Master MC
Hero Gamer

If you really are such a big fan, why not look at the same page from where you've downloaded the game.
Under the button 'Discuss the game!', on which you most presumably clicked, is an extra function, called 'Copy Protection'.

If you click on it, you see a nice page with all the answers.
Here it is as well:
Copy Protection

edit
On page 2 of this topic, the answers are given as well.
'Search, and thy shall find.'
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 22-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #34
EOB looser!

Mhh.. sorry for the dumb question but... I can't save the games, because it is lookin for my diskette (wich I don't have!). .. How can I change the config to have my games saved?

Thnx

Old 25-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #35
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by EOB looser!@Feb 22 2006, 03:26 PM
Mhh.. sorry for the dumb question but... I can't save the games, because it is lookin for my diskette (wich I don't have!). .. How can I change the config to have my games saved?

Thnx
If you read the last post before you put your post here, you will see to read the fole call "copy proteccion", :whistle:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 01-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #36

Ops! I'm sorry, I didn't expressed myself properly... I'm able to start the game, but unable to save; a window pops up and says that I have no EOBSAV0.DAT or a file like that, trying to save the game. I thought it is because by default it tryes the a:/ diskette instead of the hard drive. It was more than 10 years that i played this and i think i have to change something about the drives in a file.

By the way, I've also realized that I'm trying the EOB1, so may be I'm in the wrong place :crazy:

Thanx and sry! :bye:

Old 01-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #37
Nikola

What a nice feeling to have this game! I completed original games several years ago, and since I live in Serbia it is an arduous task to get hold of anything legal so I was over the moon when I saw this part 3 available for download and immediatly "summoned the heroes of darkmoon", with Kirath, the fighter NPC from the first part (can't remember name now but he has a +5 sword!!) and started playing. Now I am asking for help, as I am stuck in the mage guild and I would like anybody who can to help me. The thing is, I have the green gem, copper key and silver key, and I unlocked the grate with the green lock, but, I cannot move from this place and I'm completely stuck. So if anybody nows what to do to bypass this section of the game, and its with those stone monsters in the grate traps area, please e-mail me the answer to *RAMOOVED!*
thanks in advance :angel:

Last edited by TheChosen; 03-12-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:15 AM   #38
necrogenius30
Lurker

Default Help

i just downloaded the eob3 game. when i run it there is not problem. but when i load the games inside it cant load. also when i start a new game it prompts me to insert disk containing create.sav file.. and nothing works.. how to solve this problem???
necrogenius30 is offline                         Send a private message to necrogenius30
Old 03-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #39
JChase
Lurker

Default ?

Why isnt this game available to download?
JChase is offline                         Send a private message to JChase
Old 03-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #40
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Because it's still sold.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman