Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I have Spear of destiny Super Cd Pack.
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 15-11-2004, 02:44 PM   #12
Davo

I remember the first time I played wolf 3d and I had headphones on, I was really close to the screen, and I remember opening a door and a bloody big guy was behind it, and said "coming for ya" in a loud voice, I almost crapped myself. I think I was about 19 at the time.

Davo is offline                         Send a private message to Davo
Old 05-12-2004, 01:20 AM   #13
The_EgAt
Abandonia nerd

I love Wolfenstein series as well, I play Wolf3D almost every day, and I have Castle Wolfenstein, Wolf3D, SOD and the "Lost Episodes" (nothing lost about them though, it's just a name that stuck on them for some weird reason). I've always liked Wolf3D best. I used to have Beyond Castle Wolfenstein, but the disk stopped working

Do any of you play any TC's or addons for Wolf3D or SOD?
The_EgAt is offline                         Send a private message to The_EgAt
Old 05-12-2004, 02:04 AM   #14
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

I have played wolf3d SOD and RTCW. I lost my RTCW cd though . I am currently makin a wolf3d based mod if you didn't know k: . Called Operation: Caos. For some screenys check my art portfolio in the Art section. The game will be distributed freewarely btw.
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 05-12-2004, 03:18 AM   #15
The_EgAt
Abandonia nerd

I translated the game (Wolf3D) into Icelandic this summer. It is available for download Here. It's called "Wolf3D In Icelandic" and it's in the "Registered Wolf3D" section.
Unfortunately, it only works with version 1.4
1.1 can't get past level 3 in episode one. There is an error in the map file, which the version 1.4 exe file crashes on (The source code which was released is of v1.4)
I'm not sure about the other episodes. I only have version 1.4 to test with.
The_EgAt is offline                         Send a private message to The_EgAt
Old 05-12-2004, 08:01 AM   #16
FreeFreddy

My first game at all (not full version) was Wolfenstein 3D Christmad edition, shareware. Only little later I got to know that this version wasn't the original version, but hell, I like the christmas edition. It had nice graphics for the time's standard.
Btw., this thread belongs to Abandonia Games Discussion, moved now.

Old 06-12-2004, 03:43 AM   #17
holyman9
Forum hobbit

when my family bought a new computer in '93, it came equiped with three games: Ski or Die, Prince of Persia and Wolf3D. Needless to say, I loved wolfenstein the most (c'mon, you get a gun and get to shoot guys who sound like they are saying "hit bubble!"!). However, my 7-year-old little fingers and undevelped reflexes could not do much, so I forced my dad to play for me. He actually not only played, but he got to the final boss, severly wounded him and then saved the game. He let me and my brothers play from there, and we would just take the knife out and kill the final boss... we use to joke that even my mom could do it!
So yeah... this game brings back memories of my first gaming experinece. Don't even get me started on PP and Ski or Die :bleh:
holyman9 is offline                         Send a private message to holyman9
Old 03-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #18
kbbbb

I adore wolfenstein! Altho I don't play it myself- I like watching other people play more and game customisation

SOD and Wolf3d aren't all that different on the inside. SOD is just one long episode with bosses. Wolf3d is six short missions with a boss at the end. SOD begins its levels differently- always in an elevator shaft. In Wolf3d you have a fake elevator behind you. And so on. I think the thing that bothers me most about SOD is some of the graphics are more violent- more blood in the graphics. And some of the backgrounds aren't as bright as the Wolfenstein ones- that whole plot at the end about fighting the Death Angel is bending on science fiction/mythology.
In sticking up for SOD, I think the Ubermutant is cool All you get is Scabbs in Wolf3d, you don't get to battle one of his "creations".

But the graphic changes from Wolf3d to SOD are nothing compared to SOD 2 and SOD 3, if you don't like SOD don't go near them because they're much stranger haha, most of the graphics are very dark and they change the objects- from keys to keycards, and the treasures's been remodelled too.

I agree that Wolf3d should've at least got a 4, if not 5. (I gave it 5) It still has a lot of playability without getting to caught up in its own graphics and carries a great plot to it- unlike Doom which always repulsed me. It started a genre of video games.

And for me personally I really like it because unlike other FPS, it has "limits"- you can't see 2 floors at once, nor climb stairways, nor crawl or shoot in other directions other than straight ahead. You can't "collect" things other than keys. You can't collect 50 types of guns and 50 types of ammo. I dislike 3d games that go into too much complexity and hence try to avoid 3D RPG/FPS gaming overall, however, this one game I love very much.

LOL holyman9, there's actually a Godmode function in debug mode of Wolf3d, and I've heard some people use this to knife a boss to death
kbbbb is offline                         Send a private message to kbbbb
Old 03-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #19
JJXB
Pi-voh

have any of you played the 2 secret levels of doom 2 (the ones based on this game) i think they remain as authentic to this as is possible
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 16-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #20
Mahahelel

I loved this game at least the first part the rest just arn't as good. I probably havent played this game in 10 years but i still have the locations of all the secrets on the first floor memorized. That should tell you how much i liked this game back then.