Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-01-2005, 12:20 AM   #1
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

As the descript would indicate, I'm having problems finding the brass helm in the swamp for the Gorkha, in the CD-ROM version of Lands of Lore: the Throne of Chaos. I'm using DOSBox, I've mounted my own CD, and I've never had this problem before. I'm pretty sure I've killed all the walking sticks, and none of them dropped the helm. I haven't patched, in fact I think my version is the latest, I might be wrong, but like I said, I've had this game for years and I've never had this problem before. Anyone else experience this?

Also, I have another problem. I know what's causing it, but I'm not sure what to do about it. Timed events, such as the freeze spell's length and how fast the lamp consumes oil, are way too fast. Lowering the cycles to a level where this doesn't happen makes the game too slow. I guess I should tough it out.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 20-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
FreeFreddy

The brass helmet will be there, be sure that you search on every corner of the map for one of the walking sticks. "It" will drop the helmet upon death then. Sometimes it's difficult to find that darn helmet, but you can find it, don't worry.

Old 21-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #3
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Yeah, thanks, I found it. I thought it was some kind of DOSBox compatibility error, because in most of my Lands Of Lore games, the stick carrying the helm is right where you originally find the sticks.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt