Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-04-2007, 05:33 PM   #21
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I'm sorry, but that seems to be one of the bugs of the game. It happened to me twice as well. Unfortunately haveing save games doesn't help as they seem to store the problem and the tinderbox won't appear either.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kitiara @ Dec 8 2005, 08:07 PM) [snapback]187393[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
:help:

Hi, I click on Lure.exe and then it appears a BLACK WINDOW. After that, I can't do anything but to switch off my computer.
Could you help me, please? I played this game when I was a little girl and I really loved it.
[/b]

Yeah, um, that'll happen if you run windows 2000, XP, Vista. Get Dosbox and use that, It'll work then I know because I played it using the Dosbox program. Hope this helps!

Old 20-07-2007, 05:16 AM   #23
Sal

:wallbash: Can someone PLEASE tell me where the tinderbox is?. I have looked in the blacksmiths shop and started and restarted the game again and again but no go. I can't make the magic potion without the tinderbox to light the gadget in the magicians house. HELP

Old 22-07-2007, 04:18 AM   #24

:brain: Its OK I started yet again and found the tinderbox.. Now how do I get the monster in the cave..Sal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal @ Jul 20 2007, 06:16 AM) [snapback]300359[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
:wallbash: Can someone PLEASE tell me where the tinderbox is?. I have looked in the blacksmiths shop and started and restarted the game again and again but no go. I can't make the magic potion without the tinderbox to light the gadget in the magicians house. HELP
[/b]

Old 07-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #25
Grimreaper

Is there a way to get proper sound for this game? For example, pulling the torch in the beginning just sounds like hitting a piano tangent. I remember playing the amiga version some time ago and having very good background sound effects.
Grimreaper is offline                         Send a private message to Grimreaper
Old 07-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #26
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Configure the game to use Sound Blaster for sound effects.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #27
Michl
Lurker

Hi, I had the same question. The sound is Roland. Just Instruments no real noises. I thought already that i have to configure to soundblaster sound. But how is it done ? In my Lure game-folder there is only Disk1-4.vga, savegame.dta, lure.exe ..... no setup or install file.
Michl is offline                         Send a private message to Michl
Old 27-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #28
blackboard
Forum hobbit

FWIW I successfully played Lure (including sound) with a recent version of SCUMMVM. Note that SCUMMVM uses its own interpreter (based upon the original source code, I think), thus that does not say much about getting sound with the original executable, but why use Dosbox when you can use SCUMMVM?
blackboard is offline                         Send a private message to blackboard
Old 28-11-2008, 03:20 AM   #29
souldog

Playing this in scumm was the only way for me to finish the game, I played it with dosbox and couldnt get pass the point when you look into the shop window to watch the skorl talking with the shop owner.
However there was a other bug at the end, could finish it anyway tho.
I dont know if this is becuz of dosbox and scumm of if this is just a buggy game.
Still a great game!
souldog is offline                         Send a private message to souldog
Old 18-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #30
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

The game is kind of short. Most of the time I spent finding my way in the city, which at the beginning I found frustrating (took me a while till I found the forge, haha) and I have even made a map.
Lure of the Temptress Town Map

It has some problems here and there. The last one was that at the end when you had to distract the guard with the wine in the cellar. Each time I talked with Minnow and sent him to the guard to say that there's someone in the cellar, the guard never came. In the end I just entered the guard room and passed near him as if he doesn't see me. And it worked !

It's a good game, but obviously short. Has some funny moments too, but the funniest I think is when you order Ratpouch to push the bricks and he destroys all the wall, in contrast with your character, Diermot, who couldn't even budge a single brick.

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 17-02-2009 at 04:40 PM.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy