Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #111
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

How big are hose rips anyway? For ISOs you have to wait naturally, but you can upload rips. It's better to have those on our FTP, just in case.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 28-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #112
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

I just found the ISOs for both Alpha and Alpha 2, and they're both 360 MB. However, I think I'll be able to make smaller ripped versions of both games...
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL
Old 29-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #113
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Unfortunately I hit a snag. The ISOs I downloaded for Alpha 1 & 2 were not in English. What's worse is that the site I got them from said they were in English. Liars!

I'll find another way to get the ISOs. The RIGHT way.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #114
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

I just submitted the archive, review, screenshots, and a boxshot for Capcom Arcade Hits Volume 1 via FTP. You can hold on to it until it's ready to be published to the main site.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #115
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Very nice, thanks
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 10-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #116
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

I need to edit my Sonic & Knuckles Collection review. I rave in the review about how it's my ultimate favorite game of all time, but it's not anymore. Anyone who's read the Favorite Game Logos thread recently knows that it's now Street Fighter II.

Can you give me the review so I can edit it? Then I'll send the revised review back to you.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #117
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Spidol, you can't have that kind of dynamic reviews. I mean, we could change a line or two if you want to correct something, but you are not correcting something about game, but your own opinion. Please don't put those kind of things in your reviews anymore if you know that's not final. Stick to the gameplay. If you are putting something personal, then you can say how that game seemed at the time. Do not put things like this that will change after some time.

Now, there is no need to "give you back" your review Simply state here what changes you want to be done. You stated that it is your ultimate favorite game at the beginning of review. Simply change that line into something more true now and please make it something you won't have to change later Post the replacement line here, I'll take care of it.

Also, about this Capcom Arcade Hits Volume 1... It sounded very cool, but I haven't found any info on it. However, I found info of Capcom Arcade Hits Volume 2 on Mobyand it says that games 1942 and 1943 are simply ROM files with emulator. If this is the case with Volume 1 too, than we can't accept that. We do not host ROM files, only the PC releases. Are those also just ROM files in Volume 1? I saw that those are Street Fighter 1+2 according to the name if archive. We host both games already. Are those any different than version we already host?

I already told you when you submitted MK1 and MK2 CD images, you should ask us first do we need something. Ask here in this topic of yours. That way you can avoid doing something we won't even use. I like your enthusiasm, and that's exactly why I don't like this kind of situations. Mate, ask us do we need this and that and we'll reply. As soon as you get green light, you can do it. Otherwise you risk of wasting some of your time and effort, unless you can use those reviews for something else. We are PC games ONLY and almost ONLY abandonware, meaning that game had to be sold and it's now not sold anymore (sometimes we accept old DOS freeware games, but rarely). No ROMS, no fans conversion and similar, and we don't host two same games unless those are two different releases that actually differ. If you are unsure about something, ask and we'll explain.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #118
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Sonic 3 & Knuckles:
I don't have the original review anymore, but I think if you delete the first paragraph, it should be fine.

Capcom Arcade:
It's a program and game files. No mention of emulators and/or ROMs.
Plus, I know what the ROM files are like for both games and they're not packaged the way they are in Capcom Arcade. You can't use the BIN files that are the game data for ANY arcade emulator. They don't accept that type.
Double Plus, if it WAS an emulator and ROMs, it would most likely be illegal and Hanaho and Selectsoft wouldn't be able to sell the game in stores like they are now.

I'm gonna edit that description on Mobygames. I believe whoever typed that was nothing but a liar.

Another offer:
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers
Even though it's basically a watered-down rendition of the SNES port, it was still licensed by Capcom. It was even officially released by them, unlike Super SFII Turbo for DOS. I'll make a review and shots of it and see if it's OK for upload to the FTP...
Old 10-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #119
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I doubt they were lying SpiDoL the boxart has Arcade Classics on it and two arcade machines. I would say it is a Rom with emulator setup, just because it doesn't work in another emulator doesn't mean anything really.

This is only about Volume 2 by the way.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #120
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Dart is right, it doesn't mean anything. Just because you can't run them doesn't mean they are not ROMs, just like if you can't run Linux game on Windows, it doesn't mean that it is not game or program at all.

Also, "other emulators" are free and fan made things. So ROMs for those popular emulators are most likely illegal. So, if Capcom decided to hire someone to create emulator for their arcade games, it is not illegal just because it is emulation, but it is official emulation.

I didn't have time to check, but I will check it soon. I'm sorry, but if those are roms we can't accept it. Also, I doubt that moby person lied, since they do check most of stuff. Naturally they can be wrong, but I will check this Volume 1 myself.

As for Sonic review, here is the beginning, so make changes. If you just want to loose that line, that's fine too.
------------------------------------------------------
Oh boy! Sonic 3 & Knuckles! goody Goody GOODY!!!
If you haven't guessed, this game is my ULTIMATE favorite game of all time! But despite that, I have to write this review as unbiased as possible, so I need to calm down a little bit...

... HMMMMMMMMMMMPH ...... HUUUUUUUUUUUUUMM ...

OK, let's begin:
------------------------------------------------------------------

As for SSF- New Challengers, it seems ok, as long as you supply DOS version. However, I think it is still protected, but probably not for long. I will check that more and give you final answer.

edit:
Actually, if there is a game you think about submitting and you want checking done faster, you can ask is the game good for Abandonia at Requests forum, like I did for this game here. But that's for game's status. If it is approved, than we do want review for sure. You can also search through Submissions topic to see is something uploaded already. If there is nothing uploaded already about some game you can more or less assume that we need it. If you want to submit extras that we already have, but you think are better or different, you should ask here first. This also goes for unchecked games if you don't feel like asking at requests yourself.

Last edited by marko river; 11-02-2011 at 11:14 AM.