Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-07-2005, 12:28 AM   #21
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Microprose Veteran@Jul 7 2005, 05:46 PM
Naw, Omg, it is not I (Leclerq) who needs to be told whether he's cool or not.

I just figured that since Taikara does not know me and may think me a crackpot, you at least could inform her that according to you, I am not a crackpot.
I appreciate your concern regarding my opinion of you, Microprose Veteran, but I don't really have an opinion, crackpot or otherwise. The only thing that really affects my opinion is how a person treats me (and those I care about) directly. I don't need to be assured by other members that you are a cool person. If a person acts cool, then I will believe that he/she is cool, regardless of his/her particular theories on life, the universe, and everything.

I'm starting to suspect you may have thought my "patronizing and overly long message" was directed at you, but it wasn't. It was a general statement expressing my desire that people treat each other with respect in such a large and diverse community of unique personalities as we have here.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 08-07-2005, 12:49 AM   #22
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

i dont think tai's ''long statement'' was directed at anyone it should be a unwritten law of how ''most'' people should act like to make things more fun :whistle:
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 08-07-2005, 12:56 AM   #23
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

As far as I know, the aim of the 3xBlah IS fun. So I don't know why shouldn't we treat the post in here as fun. Of course as long as it is not a directed insult, dispespecting or something.

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 08-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #24
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by taikara@Jul 8 2005, 12:28 AM
I'm starting to suspect you may have thought my "patronizing and overly long message" was directed at you, but it wasn't. It was a general statement expressing my desire that people treat each other with respect in such a large and diverse community of unique personalities as we have here.
Okay, my mistake. My apologies.
Thanks for clearing it up.

Btw, whatever Omg may think of me, I'm not cool. And yes, I can be a total jerk even when I don't intend to.

Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 08-07-2005, 07:11 AM   #25
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

All I can say about the forum at this point is... bleh.

literally 300 people joined in the time between Play and MV joining. That's 150 a week, more than one of them is going to have the social skills of a cockroack and half of the charm.

Another 1000-ish members have joined in the last month.

It's just getting stupid now. There are way too many members and most of them will make about 3 posts and then either doing something stupid and get their IP banned, or just leave after they make their posts in the UFO thread.

Oh well...

It's a shame that Puffin's gone. I sorta miss her now.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 08-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #26
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

What's AR anyway?

EDIT: never mind, I got it!
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 08-07-2005, 08:53 PM   #27
Danny252
I have a custom title!

abandonia reloaded, man! you sincerely didnt know? tut, tut.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #28
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

The problem is not with HOW MANY members join, the problem is th QUALITY of them. 80% of the new member either just join to ask a question and leave after the answer, or just come here to have fun annoying us.

If the same number of people joining now will stay and make meaingful posts, life will be much better. If none of them would flame or spam and contribute to the discussion... hmmm... uh? damn, snap out of it Play!

Ther is no problem with the forum at all. The problem is with morons keep joining and sh*tting on the forum rules and lack common sense.

I don't know but, everybody here seems to just ignore me. I'm posting with invisible font or what? At least say I'm wrong and shut my piehole or something

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 08-07-2005, 09:56 PM   #29
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

You're wrong and shut your piehole or something!
Seriously, if people aren't responding, they probably agree with you. Generally, you'll get a lot more reponses from people who think you're a total notjob than from those who think you've made a good point. (There's something to be said for that too - no thread needs 300 "Me too!" posts.)
Old 08-07-2005, 10:17 PM   #30
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

In this case, you're dead right - a "me too!" post from Beef is warranted
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone