Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #21
Evad
Game freak

I don't think he is the best or worst actor, but I find him convincing in his roles, at least enough to enjoy his movies.
I never heard about the Brook Shields issue, but I don't know the whole story so I will not include it in my analysis of this situation.
In viewing the clip, I found it a little interesting that initially Cruise kind of laughed. Like a kid in a water fight, and then after a few seconds he kind of snaped into serious mode. The way he kinda studdered sounded like he was acting, or putting on a show.
I agree about the towel part, I mean there are more appropriate times to play kiss behind to Cruise, definitly not when he's playing mister macho.
As for scientology, A guy at work today told me that scientology is banned in Gemany, is this true? And if so, how does that make you feel?
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 24-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #22
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Tom Cruise slams Brooke Shields' drug use: article

And here.

Germany banned the Swastika too. Here in Holland that is banned too. My opinion: good thing they banned Scientology in Germany.

It's either a moronic sect or a tax-evasion scam. Religious groups are taxed less than others in America.
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 25-06-2005, 01:06 AM   #23
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Why in the world did they ban scientology???? that sounds like cr@p. I though germany was a free country now.....freedom of religion, etc, etc.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 25-06-2005, 02:47 AM   #24
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Scientology is not considered a religion in Germany. And I think they are absolutely correct. Scientology is a fraud.
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 25-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #25
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Oh, well. To each his own. :bye:
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 25-06-2005, 08:57 AM   #26
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Seriously, if he was as hard as he thought he was, then he'd use the power of science and like... fill that guy's mouth with bees or something.

I don't know any more...
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 25-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #27
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

This seems really an high-gossip-topic...
Old 26-06-2005, 07:55 AM   #28
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yes, that's true. It's quite hard for anything with celebrities in not to go down to gossip though.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 26-06-2005, 08:11 AM   #29
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Total Overreaction!
:ranting:
Why the Fecking heck did he go and do that?

The guy was allegedly part of a camera crew starting a new program that played pranks on people. Shows such as ''Candid Camera''(sp?) did this all the time, and most people would react with a smile. Tom Cruise however with his 500ft wide ego has to go and do that, if he wanted to do something why didn’t he just whack the guy? Oh, he can’t do that it’s illegal. He is however allowed to humiliate the guy who was obliviously just out for a laugh, probably expected Tom to react with a smile.

Well Done Mr. Water Sqiurter!

Note: I don't think Tom's a bad actor, just a right softy at times. This contradicts the ''Big Boy'' character the media try to portray him as.

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 26-06-2005, 11:03 AM   #30
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I reckon it would have been much funnier if he'd done a John Prescot and punched the guy in the face. He's got legions of lawyers behind him and he could pass it off as self-defence (in America anyway).
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell