Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-09-2005, 06:27 AM   #1
mika
Games Master

Hey people,

Anyone who loves adventure games will probably like this. From http://www.wilwheaton.net/mt/archives/003377.php :

Quote:
My good friend Loren, who is one of the people most responsible for this website even existing, is an incredible animator. Loren used to work for LucasArts, and he did animation on a lot of really popular games . . . until he got laid off.

Loren is too talented to be left out in the cold for long, though, and eventually some smart guys snapped him up to work on a game called Bone: Out From Boneville, that just came out today. Loren writes:

Bone: Out From Boneville is the first installment in the episodic series that tells the tale of Fone Bone as written by Jeff Smith. If you or someone you know was a fan of any of the LucasArts adventure games like Sam & Max, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, or Monkey Island... then you'll definitely dig this game. Many of the same creative heads worked were involved in making it.
There's a free demo, and the full version is just $20, and Loren says
Seriously spread the word to any of your gamer friends, the advertising budget is pretty much non-existent and we are relying on word of mouth with all the adventure game fans.
I know all about non-existent advertising budgets, and word of mouth is more valuable than anything else, anyway.
So go check it out, tell some friends, and if you've got a review, leave it here so I can send it to Loren.

I've seen Fone Bone in comic shops for ages. It's about time he got his own video game, so all the other characters who have games and statues and fast food tie-ins can stop teasing the poor little guy.
Check the game out here: http://www.telltalegames.com/products?pc=bn0102
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 19-09-2005, 08:08 AM   #2
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

*sigh* And I as I said before from the makers of the new Sam And Max game. I've already got it. Ex-LucasArts employees were also on this project. The game's called Bone: Out From Boneville not Fone Bone. Telltale Games. Buy it if ye wish to see Sam And Max get to the completed stage. *sigh*