Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Default Chosen's chosen stuff

Following stuff is coming up:

- Knights of the Xentar - The Censored version. I still havent started reviewing this, because I have to check out how much censorship is in the censored version
- System Shock
- J.R.R Tolkien's War in Middle Earth - Got the copy protection codes and review is ready. However, for some reason I cant get the game run on dosbox.
- Antartic Adventure and Road Fighter - Two separate games, but a little special: These are MSX games that have been fixed to work on dos. Dont know If its some emulator trick or not, but as Metal Gear 2 was approved, I cant see reason why not these too.
- Revolution X - Acclaims shooter conversion of the arcade game, featuring the Aerosmith. I have a ripped version from HOTU.

The first three has been approved already.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 20-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
- Antartic Adventure and Road Fighter - Two separate games, but a little special: These are MSX games that have been fixed to work on dos. Dont know If its some emulator trick or not, but as Metal Gear 2 was approved, I cant see reason why not these too.
Could you please explain better the nature of these two games? How can you fix a MSX game to work on Dos?
As you said that is probably an emulation trick, I mean do they work on dosbox without problems?
Old 20-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I rechecked it and Im starting to think that its not an emulation trick, but an actual conversion by someone called "Friends Software", which is mentioned at the beginning intro. The intro also mention thats its an MSX game.

Technically, its an MSX game, and technically, its a DOS game and works on Dosbox (and actually in Windows too, but without sounds).

There's no other files on the folder, just the .exe file. So there's no sign that it would be an emulator or anything like that.

The game is just like its on MSX. However, there's the Friends Software intro and a menu which has options like save, load, boss key and quit.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 31-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Antarctic Adventure is now in the FTP, with review and pictures. Ready for upload.

BTW, I accidentally uploaded two non-related files in the folder too, so dont mind those. If someone can, remove them.