Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Default Ohne Mitleid

Lost City of Atlantis, The - English translation modification version, full screenshot map of World 1, Level 1, Skill Beginner

I also would like to review and screenshot Die Hard if it hasn't been taken.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ohne Mitleid; 16-01-2011 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Procedural error
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 17-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

You all did a great modding job there

And green light for Die Hard, reserved to you
Old 17-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You all did a great modding job there

And green light for Die Hard, reserved to you
Thanks Dave!
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 18-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
Dave

Just to avoid misunderstandings, I'm talking about this one:

Publisher: Activision, Inc.
Developer: Dynamix, Inc.
Released: 1989

Info: Moby

When done post here and I'll send you FTP access (in case you haven't it).

Thank you for oyur help
Old 18-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Just to avoid misunderstandings, I'm talking about this one:

Publisher: Activision, Inc.
Developer: Dynamix, Inc.
Released: 1989

Info: Moby

When done post here and I'll send you FTP access (in case you haven't it).

Thank you for oyur help
Understood, I am aligned with the same game. This has been reviewed, screenshots and all. I do not have FTP access but before that is even considered to be granted, I have a couple of questions.

I couldn't find any control instructions on the Internet so I figured out the controls and wrote my own set. This is in PDF format with graphics from the game illustrating the controls. I don't know if this is necessary, but would it be possible to consider it for the Extras section at the very least? The control instructions are very lengthy and probably too long to be included in the review. How should I make reference to a set of instructions in my review?

Secondly, the game contains some sort of in-game copy protection that requires you type in a two-digit Security access code in order to continue outside of the confines of the starting level. I figured out the codes and modified the executable so when the time arrives to enter the code, the code is the same as what is displayed on the screen. So basically, instead of displaying "Security access: D35" requiring you to type in "64" to continue, the same screen would display "Security access: 64" and the player would only need to type in "64" to continue. Again, I don't if this is necessary, if you already have a "cracked" version or how I should present it to the site if it is wanted.

Blah, blah, blah...I know.
Cheers
Ohne
Old 19-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohne Mitleid View Post
Understood, I am aligned with the same game. This has been reviewed, screenshots and all. I do not have FTP access but before that is even considered to be granted, I have a couple of questions.
Sure, I'm sending you the access in the meantime
Quote:
I couldn't find any control instructions on the Internet so I figured out the controls and wrote my own set. This is in PDF format with graphics from the game illustrating the controls. I don't know if this is necessary, but would it be possible to consider it for the Extras section at the very least? The control instructions are very lengthy and probably too long to be included in the review. How should I make reference to a set of instructions in my review?
Sure, we can add that pdf as extra and you can cite the thing inside the review, for example under the "Notes" section.

Quote:
Secondly, the game contains some sort of in-game copy protection that requires you type in a two-digit Security access code in order to continue outside of the confines of the starting level. I figured out the codes and modified the executable so when the time arrives to enter the code, the code is the same as what is displayed on the screen. So basically, instead of displaying "Security access: D35" requiring you to type in "64" to continue, the same screen would display "Security access: 64" and the player would only need to type in "64" to continue. Again, I don't if this is necessary, if you already have a "cracked" version or how I should present it to the site if it is wanted.
I wasn't aware of this, however I can send you our archive and let you check if it's playable or not, if it's not we will give precedence to your copy ok?
Quote:
Blah, blah, blah...I know.
Cheers
Ohne
Not a problem
Old 20-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Die Hard - Review, screenshots, instructions and archive

The archive is the same as the one from the link you PMed me except the EXE has been replaced with the "cracked" version (Diehard1.zip). This would probably explain why no one else on the internet has reviews of the game or any movie footage other than the 1st level Abandonia exclusive!

The instructions are the PDF file I created, so they should probably go through the same filter as the review. I have the ability to edit the file if necessary.

Two more things:
- Could I get the thread name changed to just "Ohne Mitleid"?
- What should I do with the Lost City of Atlantis (English mod)?

Thanks
Ohne
Old 21-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
Dave

Ok perfect, well done. We will use your archive then

The topic name has been changed by one of the updaters, regarding the Modded game just upload it, we will probably upload it as extra.
Thank you for everything!
Old 21-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Smile Thank you

Quote:
Ok perfect, well done. We will use your archive then

The topic name has been changed by one of the updaters, regarding the Modded game just upload it, we will probably upload it as extra.
Thank you for everything!
Thanks for the thumbs up and the name change.

I have uploaded the Modded Atlantis and the Level 1 map. I made a mistake though, and created the Atlantis directory and then dropped the two files outside of that directory , so they will need to be moved. They should be easily identifiable since they both start with 'Atlantis'.

Thanks!
Old 21-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
Dave

Not a problem, just solved