Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #31
omg
Games Master

you know in the midst of such tragedy if they dont find someone they will frame someone.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 22-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #32
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Definately, sadly. Did you read the news today - they've shot an asian man on the train. It'll probably be hailed as a 'victory against terrorism' or some of that crap.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 22-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #33
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

A witness said the man shot dead had something that looked like a large belt around him with some wires sticking out.
I hope that it wasn't an innocent man. On the other hand it annoys me that the muslim council of britain the first thing to said was "The Muslim Council of Britain said Muslims were concerned about a possible "shoot to kill" policy." I am concerned too, but what kind of a first message is that when a possible threat was neutralised? Just because he had darker skin the council presumes he was muslim?
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 22-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #34
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yeah, and currently in the UK, Muslim is essentially a word for terrorist. It's an odd world we live in...

Does anyone know if in the Middle East there are Christian Extremists? (the American army notwithstanding)
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 22-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #35
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I agree. Or how some people even when they are flooded with evidence they choose to see their own little version, stupid or something worse? I don't know.

If there ever were christian extremists in the middle east they are probably dead by now. Or perhaps they are hiding in one of the hundrends of churches in Saudi Arabia.

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 22-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #36
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Ah! I didn't know that! Excellent!

Plus the IRA, but I dunno that they ever started a Holy War over in the Middle East.
Old 23-07-2005, 05:20 AM   #37
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

I'm not religious (agnostic) but I've been part of an ethnic minority all my life. Prejudice isn't that bad in Holland I guess but every remark, every stare is one too many for me. Perhaps I'm over-sensitive.

All I'm saying is I empathize with the kind of hell the British muslims and muslims in Europe in general are going through right now. And it will get worse.

Muslims today are like the Jews of old. They're pretty much blamed for anything that goes wrong.

I also have a bad feeling about who's responsible for these terrorist attacks. Who stands to gain from these attacks? Al Qaida? Muslims in general? Don't make me laugh. Bush and Blair stand to gain from a fear-stricken population. But nobody will believe their governments would lie to them. Or worse.
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 23-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #38
aagr

Immigration is the problem.

No doubt, there are good muslims and there are bad muslims.
But what do they do in Europe, I wonder (all of them)? They should be helping their own country, land of their ancestors. Europe is for Europeans, Asia is for Asians, Africa is for Africans and so on. If everyone mind his place, there would be no problems at all. Why should Europeans who were building their progressive and rich countries for several hundreds of years let immigrants in their countries?
aagr is offline                         Send a private message to aagr
Old 23-07-2005, 08:32 AM   #39
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by aagr@Jul 23 2005, 06:50 AM
No doubt, there are good muslims and there are bad muslims.
But what do they do in Europe, I wonder (all of them)? They should be helping their own country, land of their ancestors. Europe is for Europeans, Asia is for Asians, Africa is for Africans and so on. If everyone mind his place, there would be no problems at all. Why should Europeans who were building their progressive and rich countries for several hundreds of years let immigrants in their countries?
?
same thing why are Jews in Europe? what do you propose? we reopen the concentration camps?

As for Mulsims, if you read history, you will see that parts of Europe were conquered by Arabs and Turks. since the conquered people were given a choice which religion they will choose (but they had to pay addtional tax if they choose christian) they started to like Mulsim religion and had choosen it as their own.
just like you have Budhist, or other more exotic religions in Europe. peopel choose to folow some principles it's their choce and they shouldn't be branded because of that.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 23-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #40
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Microprose Veteran@Jul 23 2005, 04:20 AM

Muslims today are like the Jews of old. They're pretty much blamed for anything that goes wrong.
true.
yesterday a reporter form London said how she feels like normal next day and how othe rpople are normal, no panic etc. bullshit!!! why? because soon after she said that a young guy clearly muslim sat next to her and he had a rucksack. she moved away form him to the other end of the bus and she said the only thing she was thinking was that she should get of teh bus as quickly as possible. NEWS FLASH!!! that's panic!!! irrational fear based on prejudice.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor