Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
carlmcdade

Default Studentis

None of you know me but I am a web developer that used to work for Studentis AB. Studentis AB is the company that purchased Abandonia.com from Kosta.

(content removed per request from thread author)

Thanks for your support!

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 23-06-2008 at 01:05 PM.
carlmcdade is offline                         Send a private message to carlmcdade
Old 27-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

wow, maybe kosta should read this
Old 27-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If I understand your complaints against the Studentis, the company appears to have violated several employment laws - which is more than enough to file a group lawsuit from all laid-off employees.

Coming to sites they own and posting your complaints there without any proof can however be grounds for them to sue you for defamation.

Quote:
Those that really want to help can go the extreme of deleting their accounts at these websites.
:notrust: Sorry, but as you know: they own us. They have access to the servers, and consequently the databases.
They can shut down the servers, re-create the accounts and at best take away the perpetrator's administrative access. At worst, ban their access to the site completely and sue them for damages.
If what you said is true, Studentis is not shy about laying off inconvenient personnel, and we are not their employees to begin with.

I sympathize with your situation, but if the choice is between aiding a complete stranger whom I don't have the slightest reason to trust and preserving Abandonia's current crew (and quite possibly existence), for me there is no choice whatsoever.
The welfare of the community has to take priority over that of an individual, no matter who they are. I hope you can understand this.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

lol, they even forgot they own us, how could they care about accounts
Old 27-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
carlmcdade

I completely understand where you are coming from and have nothing against it. I just felt the need to air some of this since Studentis is trying to keep a lid on all of this so that they can continue to mislead.

BTW,

I really wish that they would try and sue me because then a lot would come out in the wash of it. They would gain nothing but I would have my day in court. Something which is very difficult to have in Sweden.
carlmcdade is offline                         Send a private message to carlmcdade
Old 27-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmcdade View Post
If anyone has any questions you can post them here or PM me. I will be happy to answer anything concerning Studentis as best I can.
Maybe you can tell us why Abandonia has not been operational for many days.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 27-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
carlmcdade

If you mean the FTP server it is quite simple. In every case that I have been aware of the FTP server has stopped working because the bills have not been paid. This usually happens because there are no routines in place for payment. By this I mean if a certain person goes on vacation or is sick then the bills gather dust until they return. Why they do not pay for services in full for the whole year is a question that you will have to ask the Studentis Group. My feeling is that it because they do not posses adequat funds. Which is kind of strange because everything seemed to be liquid while Kosta was in charge.

Now if it concerning the new Abandonia and why things fail frequently I will go into detail if you like. But the basic reason is because the site is built on Drupal 4.7 and poorly coded Drupal. Studentis (despite warnings from all the web developers) chose to go with an older version of Drupal and not make any changes to the core system to accomodate Abandonias needs (which are huge!!).

If you want a more technical outline of the causes including explainations of the LAMP stack then I will start a thread on this elsewhere.
Old 27-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #8
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Sorry, I understand your situation but I won't delete my profile, this is my favourite site ever.
Explain me why they should not care about their investiments, I don't really understand.

Btw Kosta should be aware of this, Romano could you please contact him?
Thanks
Old 27-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #9
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by David86 View Post
Sorry, I understand your situation but I won't delete my profile, this is my favourite site ever.
Explain me why they should not care about their investiments, I don't really understand.

Btw Kosta should be aware of this, Romano could you please contact him?
Thanks
Not before next Monday. Sorry.

Btw. : http://www.hiveminds.co.uk/node/3751

Last edited by Romano; 27-05-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 27-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I just tried e-mailing him about this matter, but the mail bounced due to his inbox being completely filled up.

Figure that I might give his phone given at the Studentis' website a try in a little time.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Closed Thread