Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-04-2005, 01:19 AM   #21
Guest_guest

yes you have to leave training difficulty and at least win the scenario at easy difficulty.

Old 19-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #22
Buwwelknurps

hi there fnas of this great game. i´m searching for the manual, maybe in pdf-format and/or the units list, with stats an this stuff. has anyone an idea where i can get this documents?
Buwwelknurps is offline                         Send a private message to Buwwelknurps
Old 30-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #23

i got the manual in pdf. send email to *snip* to obtain it.

E-mail removed - Havell (I'm actually doing you a favour you know)

Old 06-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #24
Faidros

Quote:
yes you have to leave training difficulty and at least win the scenario at easy difficulty.
Thank for trying Guest - but I tryed that and it didnt work. I run it on Difficult and still it throws me back to the begining of the scenario when it is complete.

Could someone help me?

/Faidros
Faidros is offline                         Send a private message to Faidros
Old 06-05-2005, 12:55 PM   #25
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Maybe you did something wrong...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #26

there is also a turn limit in the game ...

Old 05-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #27
k9 (k9@cainan.co.uk)

BI2 is one of the best games I've ever played. Along with UFO:Enemy Unknown and Bubble Bobble

I bought it when it first came out (cd version) and at the time was playing it on a 486 sx25 (no math co-pro . The game ran fine until my LG 4x (or was it 2x?) cd player died.

Years later, after I'd sold the original game box, I picked up the Battle Pack (BI2 + Expansion, BI3). Of these, only BI3 would work on my more modern computer. As someone else here has already said, there is a problem whereby the game runs for about 8 turns (with invincible AI units), then quits with the handy message:

"This is an illegal version!" Of course, noone at Ubi Soft had any idea (they never do - Ubi must be one of the most useless publishers ever). A couple years later I also bought the Battle Isle Platinum Pack (talk about being a sucker!). The only thing I was interested in was playing the BI2 Expansion. Of course, I got the same illegal product message as before.

So if anyone has any idea how to fix or bypass this, I'd love to know =) Since I own the product twice over, and have bought it three times in my life, I'm a bit peeved that it won't let me play!

Cheers,
k9

Old 08-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #28
zitelli

Ever heard of "History Line 1914 -1918"? It was released between BI 1 and BI 2. It looks just the same. The story of course is different (WW1). I'm writing this because "History Line 1914-1918" is my all-time favourite PC game. I don't play games on PC very often, but this one really amazed me.
It's not on this page yet, maybe becaue it's not that popular. But you should really take a look at it. You can find it via Google. Or maybe it'll be released here soon. I hope so, 'cause this game deserves a place on this great site. k:

Old 23-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #29
stijnelijn

usefull units:

The scoutlike buggies(not the 2 space shooters), they can capture buildings, ride fast and far and have a good sight. They work best way out off the frontline, use a group of 2 of them to capture buildings all over the map quickly and get out before the enemy has time to react. Annother trick with them is to wait near empty buildings, wait till the comp captures the building and take it right back off him with a little bonus inside.

They off course can do nice things in the frontline too, hide them behind the strong units until its time to strike.

About the game:
The fog of war sight is holy, the computer which is NOT cheating in this game will fight a lot better when he knows where you are, get those long sight units out whenever you can quickly.

Old 25-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #30
Guestman

The review needs an update. This game has multiplayer capabilities. You can play in hot seat mode or via Network.

Sorry for my bad english. :angel: