Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #141
Peyroteo

This was definitely the best football managing game, at his time. I used to edit the team players, using only Windows.
Peyroteo is offline                         Send a private message to Peyroteo
Old 10-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #142
worms69
Lurker

Default where is the screen-set to use the cheat?

Hi everyone!
I've just downloaded this game and having a lot of fun. I read how to use the cheat but i don't know when i must type "g" to have more money. I tried everywhere but surely i did not do at the right moment. Can anyone send a printedscreen where to use the cheat?
Thanks a lot.

Worms69
worms69 is offline                         Send a private message to worms69
Old 27-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #143
ricotero_uy

Quote:
Originally Posted by worms69 View Post
Hi everyone!
I've just downloaded this game and having a lot of fun. I read how to use the cheat but i don't know when i must type "g" to have more money. I tried everywhere but surely i did not do at the right moment. Can anyone send a printedscreen where to use the cheat?
Thanks a lot.

Worms69
You have to go to the Setup page (click on the disk in the main page, then in the middle button of the top row) and then in put the mouse pointer over the A of Main Menu and then press the A key.

Worked for me!

Old 27-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #144
punktaveira

Lightbulb

Hi everyone

I have been playing alot this game recently

Dunno if anyone care anymore, but I will post some suggestions/tips/tricks I had found about this game.

- I always put my youth slider on maximum. For only 5000£/month after 2 or 3 seasons I start getting absolutly great youth players (1st Div. skilled players).

- Don't wait for the end of the season to renew contracts. This found to be one of the key features for finance healthy in a long run. Try to be always renewing contracts with the same wage the player already earn, it's hard, but is not impossible.

- Renew with all your younger then 24 y.o. players. Try to put all players in 4 years contracts, in 2 years you will be in 1st Div with 3rd Div wages! Don't mind from going from 450£ to 700£/m in the beginning, it will pay off in the long term.

- Don't care about what tactic I'm using, and I don't know if I score more ofter with a 3-4-3 or I suffer less goals with a 4-4-2, from the many season I have done I think is all the same. I only change tactics depeding on my best players, for example, you have 3 excelent forwards, and you have not that great defenders, I will not use a 4-4-2 tactic for sure, the 3 forwards need to play. I try to put in field all my best players.

- Use one of the 3 default tactics. I never got a proof that if I done my own tactic I will win more. Keep in mind that if use one of the default tactics you will have sure that if one of your players got injured or sent off in a game, it will automatically be replaced by another player, something that will not happen if you use your own tactic. If you forgot to check it before every game sometimes you start the next game with 10 or 9 men in field!!

- Get rid of your 30/31/32 years old players asap: Because they will retire and you will not get any money for them.

- Get rid of your high wage earning players: Because they improve so much during seasons, that there will be some players when you try to renew their contracts they will go from a 3000£/m to 14000£/m !!! Imagine 3 players, it will be a 30000£/m more in your expenses. Will get you bankrupt in a long term...

- Reduce your team. Firstly because you will not need so many players and some of them will never play, next because they will be getting paid for not playing, also because you can get alot of money with them, and last because some of them start to get old and you don't want them to retire! I think 14 or 15 players are enough, I even sell one of my keepers and remain with only one in the team.

- Sponsors are very important, use them wiselly because they are one of the keys of income. Carefull about the sponsors ending contract before the end of the season or before the winter break, because you will continue paying wages in that time and you will not get any money coming in. So imagine you have 100k£ in sponsors but your shirt sponsor will end just before the winter break and will reduce your overall sponsor to 60k£/m, it means you will be 3 months with less 40k£/m from your shirt sponsor to help you deal with that break, 120k£ less.

- Training Camps are very usefull and I think are the only way to really improve your players, but be carefull, if you use them to much your players will improve so much that will want to earn much more money monthly. And of course because they are expensive. Another thing I noticed is that my team perfomance change drastically when I start using them, and sometimes for the worst The players need stability...

- Training one specific attribute. For example I tend to train much more fitness then skills, that could be good when I go to the transfer market and try to buy players with good skills but not that good fitness, I don't care because I will rise their fitness

- Don't Improve your stadium. Ok, I have no big conclusions here, if with better facilities I attract more people to see my games. I used to improve my stadium alot but after spending alot in it I used to have all the same number os spectators... another thing, how bigger is your stadium the more expenses you will have. Of course that your renevue for a 12000 stadium will not be the same for a 30000 one... (will talk next)

- Tickets revenue is very important because is your main (only?) source of money. So you need to change your ticket price wisely, The Idea is to have all the max spectators your stadium stands, but don't be too greedy or too generous in price tickets, you need to find the right balance depending of your opposite strenght and league position (more important) and of course, your own league position as well. Otherwise your will lose money that is vital for you team present and future (see next)

- Finances should be handled carefully. You should get the best sponsors deals but don't wait to much for the perfect sponsor, because each day you will be losing money by not having them, and the best ticket prices, both are your big financial revenues. Every month you will have alot of expenses. So you need to start calculating things now, for example, you have 300k£ in expenses and 180k£ income every month, that means you will have to pay 120k£ every month, but if you play 2 games on your own field per month and in each you have 20000 spectators with 5£ of ticket prices you will earn 100k£ x 2 = 200k£ every month, less the 120k£ you are earning 80k£ monthly. Not bad, but you have to mind that there will be breaks, winter is 3 months, and summer 1 or 2, so for about 5 months you are only paying 120k£/m. And of corse, there will be months that you don't play 2 games at home, and others you can't reach the 100k£ in each game...

- Avoid Bank Loans! they will bunkrupt you in a long term. Ok, sometimes I do them too, but only to get that player that is in the transfer market that I need, but is very very rarely.

- Players Transfers / Loans when I was 12 y o and first started to play this game I used to ask "why the hell do I need loans for??". I never loaned anyone, just bought them. Now I use the loan very often, mainly for old (32,33,34yo) players that are in the market and are very skillfull. Or when I got alot of injuries and need players just for one season. Other thing, carefull with your accepting offers, sometimes there is alot of Trans.Fee and you will not recieve has much has you expected.

Anyway there is alot of things that I need to find more information and conclusions. I still don't know the impact of exhaustion on the players, if there is any difference beteween the tactics, what F S really mean in the training and how to improve them. Even the amount of training and witch thing to train. I didn't found yet why I got great runs of form, where I win 4 or 5 game in a row, and suddenly start losing alot of games in a row as well.

If anyone could translate the tips in this page (http://managerspiele.net/indexbmp.htm) would be great, I have tried with google translator, but I couldn't understand anything
punktaveira is offline                         Send a private message to punktaveira
Old 18-04-2016, 06:27 PM   #145
DaveRedknapp
Default Windows 10

Hi, I'm having problem getting the amazing game working on windows 10. Any idea how to get it to work?

Old 18-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #146
punktaveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRedknapp View Post
Hi, I'm having problem getting the amazing game working on windows 10. Any idea how to get it to work?
What seems the problem? you have to use a DOS emulator
punktaveira is offline                         Send a private message to punktaveira
Old 01-09-2016, 12:42 AM   #147
hardcaptchwriting
Default strength charts

manual that downloadable in this site not has 2.3.2 g-i . strength charts.
how to find strength charts?

why fitness, shooting, match, tactics not displayed in player information.
how player play with high form?
how play with high fitness?
how with high skill?

this site hard captcha writing.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:01 AM   #148
hardcaptchwritinggg
Default hardcaptchwritingg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcaptchwriting View Post
manual that downloadable in this site not has 2.3.2 g-i . strength charts.
how to find strength charts?
sorry
that manual has 2.3.2 g-i.

but how training fitness,match, shooting, tactics change attributes?
what is relation between attributes and playing?
why attributes changed random?
why tendency changed random?

Old 08-09-2016, 02:09 AM   #149
hardcaptchwritingghhg

what does word Watch mean when displaying team information?

Old 27-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #150
Diegovski
Default A Comprehensive Guide to BMP

Season 1:

1. Contracts: select the 13 best players and give them all 4-year contracts, sell the rest. This is very important, as their salaries will skyrocket when they need to be renewed.

2. Stadium: No need to improve it just yet. You can start increasing its capacity when you manage to have a full stadium with tickets costing $5. Adjust ticket price to have it as close to full as possible, but not totally full (the idea is to maximise profit via a combination of ticket price * spectators).

3. Sponsors: select the ones with higher value (3 years), their contracts will be cancelled when you get promoted and you'll be able to change to better ones.

4. Training: Keep intensity at a maximum. Focus on the sections of your team with a lower average strength. Keep the 'youth' meter as high as possible, this will give you free youth players at the end of the season. (Cheat: Save the game at the 'end of season'. If you don't get a youth player, reload the saved game and end the season again until you get a youth player

5. Training camps: Train your team as much as possible, in the most expensive camps available or affordable.

6. Formation: Select the formation that gives your team a higher average strength (which you can see in the match schedule).

7. Loans: Never take loans, unless you need a very small amount to buy a player you absolutely must buy (see below how to choose which ones to buy).

8. Matches: Keep the 'struggle' level on green. Increase it to red only when you absolutely must score, closer to the end of the game. Keeping it high for too long will result in cards and injuries.

By doing this you should win every season. From season 2 you can already win the FA cup, and from season 3 the European cup.

Seasons 2, 3 and 4:

1. Contracts: From now on, when you see a cheap (max around $100k), young (up to 27yo) player for sale, buy him and give him a 4-year contract (salary should be below $1000). Do this with as many cheap young players as you see. Keep them as substitutes, their strength will improve over the years with training. This is the cheapest way to renew your roster over the years. On Season 4, when contracts are down to 1 year, hopefully some of your players will offer to renew their contract. Do it.

2. Stadium: Start enlarging it with seats, and cover the seats or imrprove the facilities, state and add lights and scoreboard when you have spare money.

3. Sponsors, training, traning camps, formation: Same strategy.

Bonus tip: Whenever you need to sell a player whose contract is higher than 1 year, first renew his contract for a 1-year contract, than put him up for sale - this will significantly reduce the transfer fee.

Season 5

1. Contracts: At this point, all of your original players' contracts will need to be renewed, and their salaries will skyrocket. If you've bought enough cheap young players, you should simply let the expensive ones go and use the newer ones. If you don't have enough good players, you can keep some of the expensive ones for a little while, or loan a reasonably strong player in the market.

Your team's strength will tipically go down a bit when you renew the players, but it will improve again with training.

Rinse, repeat. By doing this you should win every Season, FA Cup and Euro Cup till the end of time.