Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-02-2005, 02:47 AM   #1
Gun Man
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Man

About 2 days ago.... Ion Storm closed it's door. You always will be on our minds.

Aeternun vale

Lead Designer - IronOak Studios:
PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO
Gun Man is offline                         Send a private message to Gun Man
Old 12-02-2005, 03:23 AM   #2
Calamity
Game freak

Aye it made me plenty sad, but after what was done to Deus Ex II I almost don't care. :P Plus Warren is working for Midway now and they're plenty good alone so with him they might become even better.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 12-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
gildedgirth
Abandonia nerd

Sad. Ion Storm was like the continuation of Looking Glass studios, makers of System Shock 1 & 2, Thief, Terra Nova and other games but glad to see Warren Spector still making games. He, if anyone, is the torchbearer for Looking Glass studios.

I still gotta get around to playing Ultima Underworld 1 & 2, which Warren made as well and its been on my "to-play" list for over a decade now. =)

Anybody know what game Warren is working on?
gildedgirth is offline                         Send a private message to gildedgirth
Old 12-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #4
auhsor
Super Freak

Aw, that is sad. Deus Ex was one of the most awesome game ever. It's a pity they messed up with the sequel, focusing on making it 'console friendly' or something like that. :not_ok:
auhsor is offline                         Send a private message to auhsor
Old 12-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #5
xoopx
Hero Gamer

they deserved to die. no company should exist that could take a great pc game like deus ex, then make a dumber-than-dumb sequel for consoles (even console gamers dont need it THAT dumbed down), and try and sell that to the pc gamers. :ranting:
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 12-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #6
Gun Man
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Man

Well you are right DeusEx II sucks I rules.However... *meep*in XBox Die Bill Die! your console destroyed our PC!

We all love msn :Titan:

Lead Designer - IronOak Studios:
PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO
Gun Man is offline                         Send a private message to Gun Man
Old 12-02-2005, 03:48 PM   #7
The Levitating Nun
Game Wizzard

Deus Ex was a true classic apart from no one in my school being able to pronounce it. Thief was good too but the latest incarnations of both have both been made more consolo kiddy friendly. With the 3rd person option in Thief III (a la splinter cell) and the whole basis of invisible war. Sad to see them go but perhaps its for the best considering what could happen to the deus ex series if it becomes more console friendly...
The Levitating Nun is offline                         Send a private message to The Levitating Nun
Old 12-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #8
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Well, Eidos still holds the rights for the DeusEx and Thief franchises, so they might make another game in the series eventually, just with another developement team.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #9
JJXB
Pi-voh

Quote:
Originally posted by Gun Man@Feb 12 2005, 04:44 PM
Well you are right DeusEx II sucks I rules.However... *meep*in XBox Die Bill Die! your console destroyed our PC!

We all love msn :Titan:
hey! xbox isn't all bad. ps2's audience is worse because they had the first deus ex ported to ps2 and it ended up being worse than DX: IW on xbox.
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 12-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #10
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Sad news indeed, I was always hoping that there may, just maybe come out with Deus Ex 3, to hopefully redeem themselves after the fiasco with Invisible War, it may happen like it's been stated, but who knows....

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude