Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2006, 01:01 PM   #11
MarkieUK

"Eh? RPGs back in the 1980s routinely offered "75-100+ hours of gameplay" and advertised this on their boxes"

True, but remember that 1980s CRPGS often were also more difficult to play with many different keyboards commands to remember and slow game speed. Todays games are more streamlined and faster to play - this accounts partly for the fact that they are quicker to complete.
MarkieUK is offline                         Send a private message to MarkieUK
Old 10-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #12
Blank_box
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blank_box @ Jun 4 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]234194[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
This is real gem for RPG realm. k: A lot of innovation that still progressive even for today RPG game.

Aren't there any manual of this gem? I have a little confuse in this game.
[/b]
Answer to my own question... and for anyone who need help about this game's informations.

I have found the link to unofficial web page of mind craft's works.
Here.

There are also informations about others sequels too.
Blank_box is offline                         Send a private message to Blank_box
Old 01-07-2006, 01:39 AM   #13

i am 26+ years old

and i am so happy to find these games which i used to play 10+ years ago!

thanks for providing this site

Old 19-07-2006, 03:15 PM   #14

I've really gotten into this game over the past month, but I'm wittnessing something in the game right now which I'm concerned might be a bug. Recently I've discovered several of the magical "fountains", which I understand are supposed to grant extra Strength or Agility when drank from. However, every fountain the party has come across so far (in Dermagud and part of Meardom), has resulted always in granting "Strength +0" or "Agility +0", never even a +1, even if I drink from these fountains six or seven times. Is this normal?

Old 19-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #15
Talin
Game freak

thnx for putting this classic up! to bad the other parts i requested wasnt available as abandonware, but atleast i can now play MC 1 (i only played MC 2, still own it in fact, listed in the link in my sig, but the diskettes are broken it seems.)

Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin
Old 20-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #16

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 19 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]243967[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I've really gotten into this game over the past month, but I'm wittnessing something in the game right now which I'm concerned might be a bug. Recently I've discovered several of the magical "fountains", which I understand are supposed to grant extra Strength or Agility when drank from. However, every fountain the party has come across so far (in Dermagud and part of Meardom), has resulted always in granting "Strength +0" or "Agility +0", never even a +1, even if I drink from these fountains six or seven times. Is this normal?
[/b]

Nevermind, solved my own problem. Great game by the way! k:

Old 01-08-2006, 01:45 AM   #17
catchaserguns
Games Master

Smile

I had to download this game from another site because the game on this site didn't work
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 01-08-2006, 08:51 AM   #18
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If it didn't work, it would not be available for download.

Did you consider using DosBox?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #19
Guest_Achim_*

The huge map and story setting of this game was just incredible at that time. Magic Candle is one of the reason I started playing RPGs and that I am still a passionate reader of fantasy novels :-)

Old 13-09-2006, 06:12 AM   #20

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 19 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]243967[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]

I think you have to wake some gods up and then they'll raise you guys maximum strength, dex, etc. I'm guessing after this you drink from the fountains and they increase your stats. I'll let you know if I find out more. (Right now I'm experimenting with using the guys from the Crystal Castle as they all start with better stats and such.)