Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh
Default Playbahnosh joins the working class

That's right, I've become a worker. I just secured a job at the local Flextronics industrial park, and started working as a "FA Technician" (that is Fault Analyzer). My job is to debug SUN and Fujitsu servers that fail the final tests and repair them if I can. I 'm working four shifts, which is kinda murderous, but I must handle it. Not the job I dreamt of, but it's the best I could get here in Zalaegerszeg. No holidays, only 3 five minute breaks in a 8 hour shift, and the job is kinda hard once the orders start flowing in (more like tzunami).
My university studies are on hold, and I had to find work, because my mother is getting ill (osteoporosis and stuff) and she can't really work much longer. My father's salary alone is not enough to support the family so I had no choice. There is a chance I can get back to the university in September, but it's too far to be certain just yet.

So your friendly neighborhood FA Technician is at your service

Last edited by Playbahnosh; 04-04-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 03-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Congrats. Best of luck to you. Don't abandon the studies when the opportunity presents itself.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Thanks dude! Well, about the university...I'm really thinking about not going back, or not just yet. I'm earning around $1400 a month now, and that is AWESOME here in Hungary for people who don't have a university degree. Even if I did finish uni and get a diploma, there is very little chance I can get a job like this one again. Sure, if I had that degree, I could work here as an engineer instead of just a technician, and earn around $1600 plus bonuses, but my department already has a full compliment of engineers. also, it would take a minimum of two years to finish college, and I'll lose all my advantage at this company by then. Here in hungary, people with even a college diploma can't really find a decent job (if any at all), and the fact that I was able to secure this one was a minor miracle in itself.

But September is still far away, so I'll have a lot of time to think about this.
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 04-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Diploma doesn't secure you a job it's the knowledge that helps you to get it or rather to set you appart form others that are going for the same job.

I have it and the job as well. but the job sucks and i am doing postgraduate and when i get that one it will still suck. so time to move... nice salaries you have there, i think they are better than here. when did that happen?

last time i was in Hungary stuff was cheap, especially restaurant meals (unless maybe in Budapest). i will never forget those double portions for the price of 0.7 Slovenian one. and yes i actually re-ordered. they made it tasty i was hungry and i couldn't help it...
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 04-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

It happened just now. I started working two days ago, and what I've seen so far, it's a good job. The four shifts are quite hard but the salary is good and the job isn't too hard either. At least for now, I'm still learning. This debugging stuff is hard work when you have 20-ish failing systems and more going down. Well, for now, I'm not complaining at all, and I think I may be liking it a little. Time will tell though.

When were you here in hungary? Considering the wages, the prices are okay around here but I won't call it cheap. I'm quite lucky to have a job like this, the 80% of people working here has much lower wages, bordering $500 if I converted it correctly. Other than that, we that political war going on here right now, and that makes me nervous. I never liked politics, but I hate it more than ever right now. Meh.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well, no offence(seriously) but you barely drop by on abandonia once a while and write stuff like you were a top star daily member, using forums as personal blog

but i'd also like to say congrats of course
Old 04-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

If you don't like it, don't read it. If you see a topic with my name on it, feel free to not open it and not read it at all. And about being a top star daily member: Bite me!

but I'd also like to say thanks of course
Old 04-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

actually it usually uses to be like you don't like something after you read it =l

and what's with that part about biting? nobody blamed you for not being one
Old 04-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #9
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

well, in that case, you don't have to post anything, just ignore it. I thought 3xblah was the place to post things like this, this wasn't the first time, nor the last. Not that I flood the board with myself, and hype myself to kingdom come or anything :worried: I'm not THAT of a jackass...

And what's that about "were" a top star. I still am
Old 04-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #10
ltsajber
Abandonia nerd

congrats
ltsajber is offline                         Send a private message to ltsajber