Hero Gamer

Something has to be cleared,

---------------------------------------------------------
First, the voting would be the following,

first nominee - 3 points -
2nd - 2p.
3rd - 1p

Also,
It would be preferable if some comments would be left, atleast of the first nominee of the voter,
Not required though -

The question now,
would be the voting system -
Choises -

1. The votes will be cast here, on the forums with comments

Why?
- Real-time calculation of votes
- The insurance of the lack of cheating

Why not?
a ) The possible discouragement of writing for some people, when it would happen ,that just then, they wouldnīt seem to be getting any votes,
b ) The urge to vote between friends, in order to avoid offending him/her? (depends on the maturity of people on the forums)
c ) Neverending off-topic possibilities -

2. The votes would be send to me & some other active art forum member, In order to keep me from cheating... :blink: )

Why?
- This way only the three most votes gotten ones would be informed, comments beside them & No points would be published, And no-one would be discouraged to write/
- There would be completely anonymous votes, And there would be no need for "aww, he/she hasnīt go any votes, Iīll vote for him/her" votes
- Since two, thus no cheat -

Why not?
- Could ceace some intriguing conversations & comments /-
- And the real question is, does everyone truly have the needed amazingly massive strenght & willpower, to post TWO pm;s in order to vote? (See the sarcastic tone please)

Opinions?
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 19-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #32
rainwife
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Feb 18 2005, 06:08 PM
Though I meant Rainwife with that, yours was also pretty interesting to read. I hope more will come soon. k:
Fawl was answering to SixApes
rainwife is offline                         Send a private message to rainwife
Old 19-02-2005, 01:41 AM   #33
taikara
Abandonia Homie

@rainwife: Your poem is clever! you should post more, perhaps start your own gallery as well?

@Wael: I hate to say it, but I'm a little confused. Are we nominating voters or nominating winners?

As in do we nominate someone to vote, and then each voter has points to distribute as they please to contributers?

Or are we voting for the winners, and they earn those points(?) in this topic if they win?

My choice for voting would be PMs, personally, although I understand that some people would be less likely to want to participate... I just think not having private voting could influence the vote.

However, I trust you not to cheat! So I don't see why we would have to post two PMs... but if you're worried about it, why not ask one of the forum moderators to collect votes?

Finally, there have been a lot of extraneous writing posts in here. I'm not sure which of some of those were submissions, so perhaps we should figure that out and post a list of contributors/submissions?

Whew... that was a lot to say...
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 19-02-2005, 11:05 AM   #34
Wael
Hero Gamer

@Tai

Voting would be for the contributors (the actual stories/poems/sonnets),
and the existance of the point system would be only to avoid draws,
since no points would be stated in any point /-
(In the second way of voting)

Quote:

My choice for voting would be PMs, personally, although I understand that some people would be less likely to want to participate... I just think not having private voting could influence the vote.

However, I trust you not to cheat! So I don't see why we would have to post two PMs... but if you're worried about it, why not ask one of the forum moderators to collect votes?
My vote would also go to private voting,
And that is excactly why people should state their opinions,
Just to get the picture what would be preferred in their opinion -

Also,
Iīm glad you trust me not to cheat,
but that doesnīt mean everyone does,
Again, why we need opinions -
(Or a moderator)

Quote:

Finally, there have been a lot of extraneous writing posts in here. I'm not sure which of some of those were submissions, so perhaps we should figure that out and post a list of contributors/submissions?
That would be done in the voting began post, a few days from now -

*Edit*
*And the default voting will then be one vote - one user post in the forum if there are no more thoughts of the matter, since the pm;ing would propably rise grievances*
Old 19-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #35
FreeFreddy

So, I didn't get it quite now. Are the votes to send to you from right now on, with a vote for one member only, or will there be another thread about that?

Old 19-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #36
Wael
Hero Gamer

I didnīt manage to organise this well,
now did I?

Quote:

@Freddy
So, I didn't get it quite now. Are the votes to send to you from right now on, with a vote for one member only, or will there be another thread about that?
Nope, voting hasnīt even began yet, Just tried to ask what kind of voting system people would prefer-

Anyway,
The voting shall then be made in the "default" way,
Everyone will post here, just one name,
(and comments if one wishes)
Into this thread -

/Edit
And actually,
It may begin now -

Quote:

@Puffin

I toss and turn. The whole night. Can't put sleep. Her face burns in my mind. I keep on thinking, “what if?”. Can't take her off of my mind. “How would things be now?”. The room is bright, even though it's 3AM. Living on the top of the world, white walls... Not a good idea.

No matter how hard I try, I can't stop thinking.

Why have things turned out like this? Why isn't she lying beside me right now? Everything would be great. We would be asleep, or snuggling together, whispering sweet words in each other's ears. Like we used to. Before.

Then I decide I won't give a damn. She's not worth it. No matter how I felt before, I'm not going to let her keep me awake like that.

I roll over to the other side. I close my eyes. She's not there anymore. She's gone. Forever.

@Taikara

Death of Love

The forgotten sheets entwine around her limp body as she stares at the popcorn ceiling, wanting to see his face in the random chaos. She tries desperately to find the familiar musky scent on his abandoned pillow, and a tear crawls slowly down her cheek as she realizes that the only smell is that of her own cold sweat. The fan whirs endlessly above her head, only emphasizing the miserable chill created by the abscence of his heat.

A fleeting thought of death floats sickly to the surface of her mind, but it is numbly dismissed by reason. Love, which conquers all, could not bring him back. Death would certainly offer no real solution.

And so she silently waits for sleep to erase her anguished memories, hoping that her dreams would allow her to once more believe that love truly exists, if only in the depths of her own troubled soul.

@Wael

They say that the coldness, the constant mementos haunting the illbegotten act, present, the still recalled moments still shivering from the everlasting cold, then gone past, may be gone - lost, forgotten. And that the memories, defining the twisted truth from justice, the worn off calamity of soberness, sanity, pursuing their misunderstood reason, may be ceaced –

They say that the inequity, the convictment of the pure chance of falsity, that now is slowly consuming the existence of sense, may finally be ended, and that the falseness of events, what may be remembered, what may be seen, what may occur, can be manipulated -

And they say that the absence of reality, what may differ, what may end, what may be gone, can continue unsentenced, and that the guilt, the delusion of heart, may be gone in the morning -

And then, what will? May be? When in the night, one will be gone, and I will wake alone... -

@Faw

IT under my bed

Upon my bed I sleep
Hoping that the end will quickly come
Under my bed,
IT waits patiently for the quiet snoring
the snoring of the deathly last breath
IT rides across the madness of the mind
tearing at what is flesh yet is not flesh
tearing at what seems to some nothing
but to the owner is used for everything
tearing at the madness that lies within
IT waits patiently
ever so patiently
but I won't give it the satisfaction
the satisfaction of my fear
for I won't be here to show my fear
and quietly I take my pillow
and seek with it the long sleep
the sleep of which I cannot be disturbed by IT
IT cannot reach me in my sleep
my refuge from IT which has no name
IT rides the lonely wind of madness
and I am now safe
safe in the sleep from which IT cannot awake me

@Six Apes

Sleeping with the Earth

61 Rest no more, but sleep forever beneath me. Close your lids; Kiss the morning light and the things it grows goodbye. Hushed are the praises of morning birds within his ear. Thier songs can not breach the silence within, nor can their shape be seen. But can their shape be remembered? Can their song somehow remain within the dark that conquered?
40 A tree grows above the silent slumber of him that sleeps below. It gives its shade out of ignorance, but its hosts need for it has gone. No shade or refuge from the worms that stalk; he who sleeps alone.
49 Time progresses; things die and grow. The bird that once sang its song, rests with the man that sleeps below. And all of the earth is quite, waiting for what may come. It turns in space engaged in silent dance with its sister stars. In darkness, it too sleeps alone.

@Rainwife
(It relates to the subject enough)

I don't want friends who are stupid and bored
Therefore you are not my friend anymore.
Just stand up and walk through my yellow door.
Else you will get a conviction from court.

And now I sit alone and wonder why
I knew not what I was doing back then
That is the reason why it had to end.
A knock on my door has ended my sigh.

I opened the door, he was standing there.
With tears in his eyes he promised me this:
"I will change" and confirmed it with a loss.
With a smile on my face I touched his hair.

"These words I have heard so often before!"
And violently shut in his face my door.

So everyone will be allowed to vote for one person,
And it would be nice if some comments would be left also -
Old 19-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #37
FreeFreddy

Hmm, hard decision. Rainwife or Taikara? I liked their work most...

Well, one vote has to be made either way.
I vote for Taikara. Her text is very beautiful, and it comes close to my own "spirit".

@Rainwife - please don't take it personally. Your text is also very good, but in little other way. If I would be able to vote two times, my second vote would go without any doubt to you. I'll try to make it good somehow later, promised.

Old 19-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #38
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Taikara
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 19-02-2005, 08:09 PM   #39
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Feb 18 2005, 06:08 PM
Though I meant Rainwife with that, yours was also pretty interesting to read. I hope more will come soon. k:
Um, I was replying to SixApes.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 19-02-2005, 09:06 PM   #40
xcom freak
Games Master

Rainwife
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak