Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #71
Spoonman
Flyswatter

mine was shorter :P
Old 12-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #72
Dino
Call me Edmund

You should turn to writing poetry, guys.
Dino is offline                         Send a private message to Dino
Old 13-12-2008, 04:59 AM   #73
DoomYoshi
Abandonia nerd

Only on an abandonware forum can people fill up 8 pages in two days reminiscing about the past. I suppose it's good though. The essence of AB is shining through right now. Anyways, the best way to focus on forum activity is to make people have a reason to want to discuss something. I downloaded over 50 games and visited the site maybe a year before I made my first account. Perhaps if we deliberately messed up games it would force people to post in the troubleshooting section?
Old 15-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #74
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Holy Molly! I could talk for ages about Abandonia's past. Back then, I absolutely loved it. With Indignus IV's and Game_****'s ranting rages, also I made and extinguished a few flame wars... hence the title

Do you remember the weekly avatar theme poll? That was awesome, I still remember the StarCraft one, I loved it

Also, the Forum novels we started, where the next poster had to continue the story, boy... the memories... I still remember we had Area 51, Capn. Kirk and, Spaceships and a cave in there, somehow...

I remember making friends with Seb, he was my one and only friend on the board back then, I was still a newbie though, but he was nice to me. That's how I stuck here. BeefOnTheBone, Evad, Win98, Tulac, Fawfulhasfury....

...damn... I miss Abandonia...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 16-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #75
Morrin
Underground

Hi guys.
Used to had tons of fun around here, then something happened when the place got updated. I guess something as simple as updating (althought many seemed to like it more like an downgrade) can upset people so much that they don't like it anymore.. In matter of fact, I've experienced that with other forums aswell.
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 17-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #76
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Well, to tell the truth, when the 'old' site got switched over to this one, I was very disappointed. I thought this is some pre-alpha stage site, because it looked awfully empty, white, and was full of bugs and features that didn't work. Well, this site is up for a long time now, and nothing seem to have changed. Nothing. The design is still barren and empty, still lotsa bugs and missing stuff... why?

The old site and forum was awesome, it had that certain feel to it. This one feels like a hospital...or more like an insane asylum now with all the things going on. Kosta, if your are reading this, please do something! Don't abandon Abandonia!!!

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 17-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #77
Spoonman
Flyswatter

I have to admit that ever since the 'new' site is up it could have done with some polishing. But at least the game updates are on a move again, and the content of the (or any) forum is still what the visitors make of it.
Old 18-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #78
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I have to admit that ever since the 'new' site is up it could have done with some polishing. But at least the game updates are on a move again, and the content of the (or any) forum is still what the visitors make of it.
I have to agree with you on that... I still sometimes get forum posts cut off, and have to clear cache and refresh.
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 18-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #79
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbahnosh View Post
The design is still barren and empty, still lotsa bugs and missing stuff... why?
Studentis remembers you anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbahnosh View Post
The old site and forum was awesome, it had that certain feel to it. This one feels like a hospital...or more like an insane asylum now with all the things going on. Kosta, if your are reading this, please do something! Don't abandon Abandonia!!!
Actually I'm working on the forum, perhaps we have found a way using css.
Old 18-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #80
Japo
Autonomous human

Hey I didn't know you could edit the CSS. Then you can do anything to the layout. Are you having any trouble with it?

L0L I remember one Studentis employee coming here and asking us to boycott Abandonia because whatever labour conflict. Well mister if you worked on abanconia.com I don't know how much you got paid but I know it was too much L0L. You did such an ass job that it will have to be done anew.