Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh
Thumbs down

Hello!

I don't do this normally but I'm really dead desperate and out of ideas! I need to do a paper on sorting algorythms for tomorrow (11th december), and I'm all out of ideas. Okay I start in the beginning:

I need to analyse 9 sorting algorythims, they are: Bubble, Insertion, Shell, Quick, Merge, Heap, Bucket, Couting, Radix.

I chose Java as my programming language, but C or C++ is good too. I found plenty programcodes and stuff on the net about these stuff, but there are other things I need to do. The task is: I need to run the sort on 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000 items, 10 times each, for each algorythm. And I need to count the swaps in one run and measure the time it takes. This is the most important problem I have now. No matter what I did, NetBeans won't compile the codes I found on the net no matter what I do If somebody can help me out so I can run the codes on my computer, or alternatively somebody can run the sorts for me and tell me the results I would be forever grateful!!!

I tried to find answers until now, you guys are my last hope! I need to deliver this paper tomorrow, so if somebody has any little idea, no matter how small, please contact me on MSN or tell me how can I contact you!!! PLEASE!!!!!! PRETTY PLEASEEE!!!!!

EDIT: I solved most of my problems with the help of the almighty Kosta!!! I'm forever grateful! some mod can close this thread now...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Closed Thread