Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #31
guest123

Im having trouble running the game. After following all the instructions for installation i finally type "dagger" but it says "ERROR: looks like you inserted the wrong CD".
I have no idea why it says this, iv followed all the instructions and have mounted the dfcd folder as my cdrom. The only changes i made was selecting soundblaster pro instead of autodetecting but the tests past and i dont think this shouldv been a problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #32
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Anyone know if Daggerfall is like Morrowind, where you can join one of the political factions? I remember joining House Hlaluu (or however you spell it) in morrowind and being sent on a political mission, but then my HD died and i got a new pc and didn't pklay morrowind after, but i always like covert-ops political stuff, ti's fun!

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #33
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
Bingo, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
Anyone know if Daggerfall is like Morrowind, where you can join one of the political factions? I remember joining House Hlaluu (or however you spell it) in morrowind and being sent on a political mission, but then my HD died and i got a new pc and didn't pklay morrowind after, but i always like covert-ops political stuff, ti's fun!
You can have member status in guilds and temples only, otherwise it's just reputation (you have reputation with guilds and temples too, and you need a minimum to be a member).

Quest from guilds and temples are generated from randomly selected templates with random names, places, NPCs and dungeons, just like every other quest outside the Main Quest. The only specially interesting quests are the ones in the Main Quest, but those are hard-coded.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #34
Todbog
Forum hobbit

I fondly remember spending a summer playing this game. The spell creation in Daggerfall was the most robust of all the Elder Scroll games, as the spell creation systems in the later games were limited to a small variety of effects. I would remember creating a teleport spell, setting my target inside a store and then wait till night outside. Once it was night, I would cast my spell and get inside without needing to break in and I could take everything. Money and items were not a problem after that.

Also, if you take the time to read the various books, you can learn about certain rituals that fall on certain dates each year. FAQ's also have the information but it was a nice little touch most people didn't pick up on, and dates in general were removed from future titles.
Todbog is offline                         Send a private message to Todbog
Old 13-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #35
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todbog View Post
I fondly remember spending a summer playing this game. The spell creation in Daggerfall was the most robust of all the Elder Scroll games, as the spell creation systems in the later games were limited to a small variety of effects. I would remember creating a teleport spell, setting my target inside a store and then wait till night outside. Once it was night, I would cast my spell and get inside without needing to break in and I could take everything. Money and items were not a problem after that.

Ingenious! You must teach me how to do this! Oblivion thieving is broken cause people mysteriously wake up when you enter their home, whether your sneaking or not, and morrowind people don't even go to sleep!

We ate the horse.
Old 13-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #36
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
Ingenious! You must teach me how to do this! Oblivion thieving is broken cause people mysteriously wake up when you enter their home, whether your sneaking or not, and morrowind people don't even go to sleep!
Mark and Recall spells. Enter shop, cast Mark, wait for night, cast Recall
Old 13-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #37
supa_mario
Abandonia nerd

I should really get into this again. I played it a bit when it was first announced as freeware. But I screwed up the main quest and then lost all interest. Still the size of the world never ceases to amaze me, 15000 freaking towns.
supa_mario is offline                         Send a private message to supa_mario
Old 13-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #38
Japo
Autonomous human

I hate magic in most RPGs (yes I'm weird). So I created a custom class that's both unable to cast (without items that is), and greatly resistant to enemy magic:

That took a lot of needless frustration out of the experience.
Old 15-05-2010, 02:04 AM   #39
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

yea to be honest im never a mage or magic thing in any RPG game, i HATE magic! But if it'll help me in my thieving en-devours, then Ill use it

We ate the horse.
Old 15-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #40
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Dear Fubb, without magics YOU can not make a single step in Ravenlof 1 & 2.. Believe me, I just finish this saga. Ty.

A simple question of simple yoga:
--I just DL the game DF.. Before start can You be so kind to advise me for some vital tings. Ty v. much..
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga