Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

A few years ago I owned this gem of video game history. But in a strange incident of mental derangement I sold it to get another brilliant game.
Two days ago I started playing Code Veronica, which tells the story between RE2 & RE3. Really a great game... but now I beat it and I want more. Does anyone know a good place online where it might be possible to get RE2 for Dreamcast. The third part isn't the problem...but the second...

EDIT: Maybe I didn't chose the right words: I'm looking for a place where it is possible to BUY the game. This wasn't a request for warez !!!
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 31-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
Scarface
Newbie.... Not!

Try at Amazon.com
You can find it used or new

And maybe Ebay can help you as well, and you might get the game for a good price.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:53 AM   #3
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

I already tried ebay.de and for a strange reason there isn't no single resident evil 2 around. Same with amazon.de.
I thought that there's some kind of shop selling these old dc games somewhere out there...

EDIT: Well... ok, it definately is an option to order abroad. Thought looking up the game on the german sites would bring offers from dotcom sites, too. Completely wrong...
thx for the help anyway!

EDIT: By the way - which RE do you recognize as the best one? There are people who consider the second as the best. I prefer RE:CV so far. But I didn't play RE4 and RE ZERO either.
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 03-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
Scarface
Newbie.... Not!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Jul 31 2006, 09:53 PM) [snapback]246203[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
EDIT: By the way - which RE do you recognize as the best one? There are people who consider the second as the best. I prefer RE:CV so far. But I didn't play RE4 and RE ZERO either.
[/b]
I can't choose between RE: Nemesis and RE 2. I really liked both because of the storyline in Racoon City and the extras you can get. However, I'd like to play RE4, RE ZERO and RE:CV as well.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #5
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

I didn't play Nemesis so far. but the german version is somehow crap. Vanished zombies start blinking and right after that disappear. Not a very big deal one could say. And I'm not the person who has to see dead bodies at any cost. But it definately takes something of the game and makes it to something arcade-like...
Old 05-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
Scarface
Newbie.... Not!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Aug 3 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]246617[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I didn't play Nemesis so far. but the german version is somehow crap. Vanished zombies start blinking and right after that disappear. Not a very big deal one could say. And I'm not the person who has to see dead bodies at any cost. But it definately takes something of the game and makes it to something arcade-like...
[/b]
Have you ever played RE: Gun Survivor (I think that was the name)?? It was a FPS and I played it on playstation, but I know there's an arcade version.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #7
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

No, haven't played these survivor games. They were like 'House of the Dead', weren't they? They awfully tried to get into the lightgun based genre I think. Well, I think if one recognizes this as real RE part then these would be the crappiest among the series I bet.
Old 18-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #8
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Oh, dude you know the german officials... green blood, no corpses, REOBOTIC enemies instead of human ones... all that stuff. :ranting:
I think Nemesis was a bit weird though the gun-power-thing was funny.
I liked Veronica X!!!!
Old 18-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #9
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Aug 18 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]249426[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Oh, dude you know the german officials... green blood, no corpses, REOBOTIC enemies instead of human ones... all that stuff. :ranting:
I think Nemesis was a bit weird though the gun-power-thing was funny.
I liked Veronica X!!!!
[/b]
Do you mean with gun-power thing the arcade mode where you had to shoot zombies to get more time? if so...then yes, I liked it, too. But as I read somewhere it is impossible to finish it with great records in the german version, cause you didn't get extra time for shooting zombies... only for dogs and other monsters. So you aren't able to compare your performance to international players.
As you said... german officials try to keep bad and evil things from their population. That is all right, but in those cases they should ban these games, movies etc. rather than to denigrate them. It's such a shame...
Old 18-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #10
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Aug 18 2006, 01:26 PM) [snapback]249443[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
As you said... german officials try to keep bad and evil things from their population. That is all right, but in those cases they should ban these games, movies etc. rather than to denigrate them. It's such a shame...[/b]
I disagree on this one. Leave the game as it was produced and enforce the control of 18+ sales.
Everyone who is 18+ has the right to "enjoy" pwn, gore, violence or whatsoever if he wishes to. If parents buy their 15ers a game and don't recheck on what it is - BAD parents!
Banning the games completely would criminalize the gamers. And I don't think that this is OK.

We have rules/laws for everything there is. Why do we regularise the ways of of those who disobey the rules/laws.
But actually this is