Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-08-2006, 04:49 AM   #41
dark420bishop

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blastradius14 @ Sep 5 2005, 08:00 PM) [snapback]151748[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Always wanted a paladin of epic proportions? One that has a dragonlance and a vorpal sword at the same time? I busted my a*s for you, but here you go. http://s13.invisionfree.com/Blast14works2/...t&id=108113
[/b]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like a hacked character file.
dark420bishop is offline                         Send a private message to dark420bishop
Old 16-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #42
Robby

Well, I had to dig around the net for a clue to the Luminari Tower.

That is a dirty trick those programmers used to get to the final door. If I hadn't gotten the clue from the net, I would still be stomping around on level 9 thinking that it was there.

I'm back in the saddle again!

resiewdub

Old 27-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #43
Mordrach

From the review: "Oddly enough, you can only add characters from Death Knights of Krynn (the second game) and not from the first game Champions of Krynn."

The beauty of the Gold Box AD&D games is that they encourage you to play them in order. Together, they tell a story. It is very advantageous to start from the beginning of the series and play through to the end with the same set of characters, rather than generating a new set for each scenario.

The game treats the party of characters as if it were progressing in real time. Therefore, it would not make sense for them to somehow jump from episode 1 to episode 3.

I hope that explains the logic behind this method.

Old 30-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #44
Rob

I seem to remember certain classes having level limitations but I can't seem to find information on this in any of the manuals.

From what I recall elves have a fighter cap at 14 and kender has one around 10. But i know they are not restricted on advancements as thieves but do they as clerics?

I want to try and avoic hitting the caps so my characters can continue to grow.

I was thinking of a knight or two and keeping my cleric/thief kender if the kender doesn't hit a level cap.

anyone know the restrictions on level advancement for the elves, kender and dwarf?

thanks

Old 01-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #45
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

The level caps are in the manual.

IIRC:

Qualinesti can get 14 fighter levels while Silvanesti only 10, but ranger, cleric and mage progression is uncapped for both them.
Kender clerics are capped at level 12 but since pure thieves are crap multiclassing with cleric is still better. (better armor, free spells)
Dwarves are capped quite early in all classes but fighters, so better take only human knights with stats high enough to become knights of the rose.

kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 01-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #46

i hate all these level caps. :wallbash:

But still its worth it to play the game. So hmmm, i'll take 2 human knights, a Q-elf white mage, that leaves 3 more. The two knights should provide decent healing when they are high enough level and of the Rose.
But another cleric. I can go with a Q-elf cleric/ranger or a Q -elf Cleric/mage or the kender cleric/thief.
I'd like a kender I think but I think the only good way to go with one in this game may be a cleric/thief.

Of course I could skip the kender and go with a Q-elf Mage/thief.

decisions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kmonster @ Feb 1 2007, 02:06 AM) [snapback]277394[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The level caps are in the manual.

IIRC:

Qualinesti can get 14 fighter levels while Silvanesti only 10, but ranger, cleric and mage progression is uncapped for both them.
Kender clerics are capped at level 12 but since pure thieves are crap multiclassing with cleric is still better. (better armor, free spells)
Dwarves are capped quite early in all classes but fighters, so better take only human knights with stats high enough to become knights of the rose.
[/b]

Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #47

This game is megga tuff guys!
In high school me and my buddy finished Champs then Death knights and worked our way finally into Dark Queen, where I must add that neither one of us finished it.

Dark Queen doesn't have many areas where they're are maps, which is one of the frustrations!

I carried over my guys from Death Knights and brought over two Mace +4, two long sword +3, one long sword +4, dragonlance, shield +4, some scrolls and a plate mail +4
a few others to which helps.

I'm in the caves now and I hate those auraks.
For dark wizards can you outlast there spell protections by waiting around a corner and passing on your turn?

Old 12-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #48
silz
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 11 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]278820[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
In high school me and my buddy finished Champs then Death knights and worked our way finally into Dark Queen, where I must add that neither one of us finished it.

Dark Queen doesn't have many areas where they're are maps, which is one of the frustrations!

I carried over my guys from Death Knights and brought over two Mace +4, two long sword +3, one long sword +4, dragonlance, shield +4, some scrolls and a plate mail +4

For dark wizards can you outlast there spell protections by waiting around a corner and passing on your turn?
[/b]
Well guess what? I have the clue book with me. If you need help, I will give you the best direction and routes to treasure! Gamefaqs.com should have it but nothing beats a map and listing whats in there. You are in the draconian caves now?
silz is offline                         Send a private message to silz
Old 12-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #49

Hi cremz glad to meet you!

Well I just finished the caves actually and I entered nauldis, the underwater place is what i mean if i spelt that wrong.

I both like/hate this place. I get frustrated with places that dont give maps. I always end up finding the safe hall by accident. This time I havnt even found it by accident I stumbling around and i'm trying with the compass to go in the right direction. So I started wondering off and all I can say is that it tells me i'm in "Lyzian's Great Hall" I could really use a map since its probably not i the adandonia's journal.

Or good directions :w00t:

THANKS! k:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cremz @ Feb 12 2007, 03:58 PM) [snapback]278942[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 11 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]278820[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
Well guess what? I have the clue book with me. If you need help, I will give you the best direction and routes to treasure! Gamefaqs.com should have it but nothing beats a map and listing whats in there. You are in the draconian caves now?
[/b][/quote]

Old 12-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #50
Rob

I got another game saved in the music hall so if thats closer...

maybe if you do something like

North - great hall

start area
West East -safe hall

South

not that thats right but so i have an idea how to get around
am so lost