Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
Nilex
Forum hobbit

Thumbs up Old dog, saying Hi

I've been around since before the site existed. Found my way to here probably via HotU back in the day. Surprisingly never registered, couldn't tell ya why could be a number of reasons. Mainly I was shy of posting on forum perhaps. Think it took me 7 years before I finally made my first post (anywhere) in 2007 since I got online in ~2000. Or was simply too lazy or had nothing smart to say hehe. I guess you could consider this me marking my 10th anniversary of posting

I still prefer playing old DOS games using trusty DOSBox configured to my needs. These days I treat myself with a nice CD/talkie versions of games unlike ripped ones in the past without exceptions. Over the years I've gotten pretty good at DOSBox so perhaps you'll see me helping some poor soul here and there.
I don't have a genre preference, only thing that matters to me that it's a good game and I'll play it sooner or later. They can't hide forever.

New games don't attract me anymore. They're focused on short and forgettable jolts of adrenaline without class. I see 5 seconds of trailer and I know there's nothing for me there. Newest game I played was Alien Isolation (6 months ago) and it was an exception, before that Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Those are really good ones. DE:HR even shoot up to 2nd best game of all time for me!

What else... aha I'm sorting my Panzer General copy so I can 1-click play it at a later time and in gathering all the "goodies" I grabbed the Manual from the site here. That's how I got here now. So after all this time I think a Thank you from me is in order

It's a great sight to behold knowing that a bunch of old games are kept in good hands and a community closely knitted together helping each other out. And I noticed the number or sites dedicated to old games in increasing, that pleases me greatly.
Nilex is offline                         Send a private message to Nilex
Old 27-07-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Jesus Christ! Bless GOD, Jesus Christ, Mary Immaculate, and The Holy Spirit. Dear Sir Nilex. That is cool. I wish I was good at playing games. I am always trying to impress others with my stupid young games. I haven't really been around DOS scene for too long. I was here at DOSGAMES.com 5 years ago. That was when I first started with DOSBox. I try to show off more than learn how others have their games <sad>. I often try to find old people to talk to because I was brought up to respect the elders. However my immaturity is annoying I've been told. hehe However I am a firm believer that loving everyone is the way to go. I have so much to say however you'll probably see all my posts eventually. However if you like there are 3 or 4 DOS websites I recommend. www.VetusWare.com/org is a site that is dedicated for DOS but also caters to slightly higher. It preserves a lot of goodies. Then you have www.DOSgames.com which boast like 5000 games! Then there is www.classicdosgames.com which also prides itself on anything that is the most legitimate DOS games!!! And there is this site which allows more of a Christian/Catholic atmosphere or what you want as long as you stick to your own thread. So you can try your pick and be a member of all if you want. My experiences is that if you keep quiet the other 3 sites will not kick you off if you talk about religious topics too often.

Sincerely,

Your son,
hehe

Thank you for letting me be immature
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 27-07-2017, 11:23 PM   #3
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Hi and welcome to Abandonia! Good to meet another old games geek You will find AB has gone a bit quiet, but heigh ho, the games are still here and that's what counts.
Old 28-07-2017, 03:26 AM   #4
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Hello. Welcome to Abandonia.

I was like you too. I just registered on Abandonia when I needed information from the Forgotten Games Bureau.

Regarding the site HoTU, I know they had an enviable collection of games and extras, but for me, I did not miss those collections . Every time I needed to download files, games, I was unsuccessful . I do not remember the reasons for this, but maybe it is the bandwidth limit, busy server, etc. Well, at least HoTU left a puppy named underdog...

I am glad she finally found her home in the Realms of Abandonia. Home Sweet Home. Whoops! Home Sweet Abandonia.

In my humble opinion...

By the way, how long does it take to recite the name of the technique K-A-M-E-H-A-M-E-H-A?

It is because the opponent will not wait (or have the patience) you recite the whole Mantra..

Last edited by Mystvan; 29-07-2017 at 12:50 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 29-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #5
Nilex
Forum hobbit

Amen to that. Thanks for the warm welcome Sirs
Nilex is offline                         Send a private message to Nilex
Old 30-07-2017, 12:22 AM   #6
Capo
Unconventional member

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 30-07-2017, 01:38 AM   #7
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Huh? Capo... Where are the Emperor Japo(deis) and Paco?

My suspicions...

Last edited by Mystvan; 30-07-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 31-07-2017, 02:26 AM   #8
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Huh? Capo... Where are the Emperor Japo(deis) and Paco?

My suspicions...
Mystvan...
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 31-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #9
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Welcome here, Nilex!
Old 02-08-2017, 07:58 AM   #10
irenejacob
Lurker

Hi I am new to this forum, you are passing a good thing.
irenejacob is offline                         Send a private message to irenejacob