Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #131

Does anyone know of a place that lists the coordinates of the dungeons?? Im all for exploration and finding them but I searched for a couple of them forever and couldnt seem to find them! Getting tired of just wandering and not finding them.

I couldnt find the one near minoc, or the one near britian.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:23 AM   #132
silz
Abandonia nerd

There is a map in the Ultima 6 folder (where you extracted it to). Use that map as a guide and I'm sure it will helps you. I was totally lost when I first played it cause the cities and the world are on the same scale. FYI, the route you used to cities and dungeons in Ultima IV and V is no longer valid.
silz is offline                         Send a private message to silz
Old 07-02-2007, 03:29 AM   #133

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cremz @ Feb 7 2007, 04:23 AM) [snapback]278294[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There is a map in the Ultima 6 folder (where you extracted it to). Use that map as a guide and I'm sure it will helps you. I was totally lost when I first played it cause the cities and the world are on the same scale. FYI, the route you used to cities and dungeons in Ultima IV and V is no longer valid.
[/b]
Thanks, but I have looked at that map and it does not show dungeon locations. I know there approximate locations, but still cant seem to find them. Maybe Im not looking at the map correctly or something but I sure dont see anything that helps to find dungeons.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #134
silz
Abandonia nerd

Minoc's dungeon should be easy to find as its south of Minoc beyond the mountains. As for Dungeon Despise, you you should see a sign that says Bellringer's Way. The sign is just straight east from the Royal Mint. Head two blocks to the north until you see the sign that says "Serpents Loop". From there, follow to the trail to the mountains and head East until you see lush grassland. Do not continue eastward but instead head North until you see another vast grasslands. To the north should be the Deep Forest. Move westward following the mountains and you should see a path soon enough that leads South and than bends to the West. Continue on North from the path and you will see Dungeon Despise.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #135

Pressing ALT+256 (or 255, don't remember, on the number block on right side of keyboard) will display an ingame map, as if you used a magic gem, which might also aid in finding what you search for.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #136

Ok, I will try these out, thanks for the responses I appreciate it!

Im not sure the ALT thing works in my version because I tried it before and nothing happened. I dont really wanna cheat but I dont want to spend an hour wandering around the same area not finding something, I do have a day job so only have so much time in the day for gaming! :angry:

Old 08-02-2007, 03:13 AM   #137
silz
Abandonia nerd

Wow, kind of make me remembers back at the time when I was a kid in the late 80s...no internet, no clue, nothing but endless wondering sometimes for months (or years). My dad also restricted me to only 3 hrs a day for the comp. I was so damn frustrated. I was stuck at so many games at various levels of completion and giving up in the end. There's certainly no other RPGs like the old ultimas where you need to find some 20 different people and talk to them in order to piece up a vital information. No one has the time to get into that type of gameplay anymore.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #138
silz
Abandonia nerd

Btw, how do I get to the shrine of spirituality? I used to enter it by midnight through a moongate but there is no watch for me to tell when its midnight. Can anyone help please?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #139

You can get a clock somewhere, in one of the towns there's a clockmaker. It shows you the actual time then. Or simply wait until it darkens, then when it gets really dark use the moonstone. Takes few tries for the right time, but you can enter the shrine after midnight, too.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #140
silz
Abandonia nerd

Ok, thanks for the advice. I've finally obtained all the moonstone. So, is this really all of them?