Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #11
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas@ King of the Apartment,Jun 4 2005, 11:05 AM
I understand that it takes considerable time and effort to write detailed reviews for posted games.* The people who write them (hopefully) have* busy lives outside of their computers, so it follows that there are inherent constraints on* the time spent fussing over a review.* However, there is no acceptable reason for the reviewer not to spend an extra 5 minutes editing what they've written for grammatical and syntactical clarity.

Take this sentence fragment, for example:

"I doubt very much, that there have been more games,,,"

What is the purpose of this comma?* It only slows down the reader.* When the very first sentence of a passage contains such a distracting error it is very tempting to just stop reading, to prevent any further wasting of time.*

Here's an awful example of syntactical ambiguity:

"You also need to watch out for enemy planes. They will attack the train while in motion."

What is in motion here, the train or the enemy planes?* Given the context, the sentence could be interpreted either way.* Terrible, terrible writing!* :Titan:
What's the problem with the review ? You must not be smart in order to understand it ! My first language is also not English (it's Romanian) an I'm 13 years old, but I can read and understand the review.

BTW, I don't think that the planes from WWII could have stood in air without moving, so "They will attack the train while in motion." is a fully understandable sentence.
B)
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 04-06-2005, 09:37 AM   #12
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

By the way....i found this comment from the zip.file....

Quote:
Ten plik zosta? pobrany ze serwisu:

==========================================
ABANDONWARE - POLSKIE CENTRUM STARYCH GIER

http://staregry.gry-online.pl
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 04-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #13
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Which translates as?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 04-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #14
samtam90
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jun 4 2005, 10:16 AM
Which translates as?
It simply says that the game comes from staregry.pl
samtam90 is offline                         Send a private message to samtam90
Old 04-06-2005, 12:15 PM   #15
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I was referring to the "Ten plik zosta? pobrany ze serwisu" bit, actually. That looked, erm, interesting.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 04-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #16
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by TheChosen@Jun 4 2005, 11:37 AM
By the way....i found this comment from the zip.file....

Quote:
Ten plik zosta? pobrany ze serwisu:

ABANDONWARE - POLSKIE CENTRUM STARYCH GIER

http://staregry.gry-online.pl
Where on Earth did you find that?
I went through all files (once unziped) and I found nothing similar... And the game wasn't taken from that site :blink:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-06-2005, 12:37 PM   #17
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally posted by samtam90+Jun 4 2005, 12:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samtam90 @ Jun 4 2005, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-A. J. Raffles@Jun 4 2005, 10:16 AM
Which translates as?
It simply says that the game comes from staregry.pl [/b][/quote]
Right.

And this is from the faq
Quote:
First of all, we only accept original games. We are well aware of all abandonware sites out there, so if you downloaded it from one of those - we don't need it
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 04-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #18
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by TheChosen@Jun 4 2005, 02:37 PM
Right.

And this is from the faq...
Everybody was able to contribute to the FAQ questions... so I'm well aware of our site's policy.

EDIT - this game has been in my possesion for around 12 years now. At that time there computer piracy was still a grey area in the Slovene justice system, so I purchased a pirate copy of the game (couldn't get the original anyway - no real computer game store yet).
Well I guess that clears up the mystery where that guy got the game from (although I find it strange that that site would be up back then already).

EDIT 2: I just talked to my brother. It seems he's the one to blame. He said he wanted to change the highscore of the game (he always wanted to have the highest score) around the new year (when he stayed at my place for a few days). At that point he destroyed the game, so he looked for the game on the net and got it off that very same polish site.

Sorry about the confusion everybody.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-06-2005, 02:16 PM   #19
Nosferrath
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to Nosferrath Send a message via MSN to Nosferrath

How do you use the brakes and everything else in the train ? Because when I press space nothing happens and everything else blocks until you press space again. :help:
Nosferrath is offline                         Send a private message to Nosferrath
Old 04-06-2005, 02:19 PM   #20
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Space is used to duck (while on station) and to pause while on the train.
You need to use ENTER. Hold enter and move the arrow-keys. Otherwise enter is used for shooting.