Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #11
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

I am not saying there's anything wrong with bronze, just saying that I prefer having iron ore-bearing stone at -50 rather than stones that can't have iron in it :P

And yes, Bronze is useful, but I don't tend to replace all my copper with bronze because by that time the goblins are already bringing iron weapons :P

Goblinite is the most economic metal ever :P
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 21-10-2012, 05:31 AM   #12
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

My new fort is The Violence Kingdom...I hope this isn't a sign that I am going to be mega attacked the one I dumped was The Lustful Kingdom I like that name so I might use it on a later fort.

The start

The entrance

Crafting, stockpiling, cooking and eating level

The bedrooms

Below the bedrooms are a few levels with just stairs going down so I can get to the levels with goodies in them and just below the entrance is a tiny room that has a training room in it. I have one guard at the moment who is a builder, he is set on Militia so he can go build if needed but I removed hauling so he wont rush off to move rock so when he isn't building he is training and killing goblins with his axe.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 21-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Some events at the kingdom known as The Greedy Famine.

We finally got a nice industry going, a nice population and gnomes were happy.

And so it came to pass that while manufacturing stone statuettes to exchange for stuff at the market, a legendary statuette was made.

Glimmerfamine

It was not without stupid gnomes being stupid, though, like this fellow, a great miner and mason, deleting some ramps and isolating himself in a tiny piece of land... and getting thirsty... and never, EVER, lowering himself to drink from the lake because, you know, gnomes don't do such a thing. Really, they don't. They are incapable of doing... it ended as we all expected (because I didn't knew this happened until the gnome died :P)

Thirsty Gnome

Of course, all this prosperity and peace brought the petty goblins, seething with anger and jealousy at the prosperous gnomes, wanting to bring sorrow and tears to the peaceful Greedy Faminians. The army valiantly fought, but was wiped out in the initial assault. After that, it was each and every gnome in the kingdom, fighting tooth and nail to protect what it was their and avenging their fallen comrades. The bloodbath was hideous, and even one of the goblins got a name for himself for all the death and horror he brought to gnomekind.

Curdishnat the Desecrater

As you can see, he was finally brought down, as well as his hateful companions. But the price paid for that victory was too high.

Corpse Pile

Fortunately, it was near the end of the season, so as soon as the cold season started, we found a big group of gnomads arriving at the fortress brought by tales of prosperity and wanting to help us recover after the tragedy. I immediately created a new army, with gnomes ready to follow on their predecessor's bloody steps if necessary to protect The Greedy Famine from the depredations of goblins and golems. As soon as they don their weapons and helmets (because the rest of the armor was destroyed beyond repair during the previous goblin incursion), a chance to prove themselves appeared, in the form of an iron-clad goblin.

Evil appears

During the fight, Humm paid the ultimate price.

Horrible death of heroic Humm

But finally, the goblin was killed.

Take that, goblin scum!

And there was much rejoicing.

Last edited by El Quia; 21-10-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Adding a descriptor
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia