Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-04-2005, 06:44 AM   #21
The Cabbage

I'm the biggest authority on this game that I've been able to track down, which is kinda sad, haha. I really should make a walkthrough/faq for the game and post it on GameFAQs.com...and replay the game again so I can refamiliarize myself with all the details.

Old 13-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #22
kharny

Heya, have a bit of an issue with this fella, everything works okay(didn't really install anything, just running the .exe) sound etc work in dosbox. Only problem is, after saving the game with timelock, if i try to load it later, it just sits there, doing noting at all.... Anyone know how to solve this?
kharnyAThotmailDOTcom

Old 13-04-2005, 02:40 PM   #23
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

After loading the game it puts you back to the timelock... Just continue from there on - like you would if you wouldn't exit the game after saving (onless you have another problem...). Never heard of this game freezing yet.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 14-04-2005, 06:01 AM   #24
kharny

Okay, found out the problem, the mounting was done with subdir not included correctly, so dosbox issue. all working okay now and enjoying the game.

Old 24-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #25
jack

Help!!! :crazy: I Loved this game but it wont run on my computer.

when I run nomad.exe i get a few lines and then the message:

"Unable to redirect output to NUL" :blink:

help anyone

Old 27-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #26
The Chaos Element
Cool

:w00t: This game kicks behind! :w00t:

This is my 1st time playing a space adventure game. I usually like high-fantasy rpg's like Diablo, but when I read the review on abandonia, I decided to try it out.

I can't get enough EMS for sound, :not_ok: but the way I hear people talking here about annoying voices, I'm really not concerned anymore about finding my EMS. :bleh:

Stuff from my brain on this game:

- The Phelonese can kiss my arse. :ranting: I hate them, they are so ANNOYING!! issed:

- The Chanticileers have some very provocative space-wear! :whistle: I think someone should hack the game and make them completely topless. :wub:

- I encountered only one of those lizard-dudes in one of the space-com missions. I decided to shoot fist and ask questions later. I haven't seen any more of them since I nuked the first guy. Hope I didn't miss some important info from him. Oh well.

I have only one thing for the guy who uploaded this game to abandonia:

:tnx:

Old 27-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #27
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

You're welcome man. Enjoy the game!
And no, you haven't missed out on something that would prevent you from finishing the game. There are several ways of finishing it (I found the MCR while aimlessly crousing the space - and after I destoryed it I won the game). The game is replayable however, so you might wanna try again at a later point and not blow everybody up untill talking to them
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-05-2005, 05:07 PM   #28
Lord_Scather
Forum hobbit

Errr....my post regarding this game was deleted, it seems.
Why?
Didn't you get a warning or reason when this happens?

looked for other Nomad threads, too, in case I screwed up, but it simply seems not to be there........

(What we really need is a Calvin & Hobbes game)
Lord_Scather is offline                         Send a private message to Lord_Scather
Old 18-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #29
Leo III

This game is pretty fun. I'm trying to make my way as a trader and not doing too badly if I do say so myself . Among other things I discovered, you can dispatch spy bots to friendly planets in order to steal things from your allies.

Among the things I've gotten from places like Maka Bola and Retribution are:

1) More spy bots!!
2) Arden Diplomatic Pouches
3) Top Secret Equipment
4) Crystal Diplo Pouches
5) Musin Computer Banks
6) Arden Computer Banks

You'll note that #s 2 - 5 are all quest items. Yes, if you steal these items, you can turn them in to get the reward for a given quest more than once. Right now I have 4x siege shield boosters and 4x musin ceremonial sashes (or whatever the badge is).

Arch bots are also really fun. If you scan random planets, occasionally you run into ones that were previously inhabited, and sometimes these have nice and unique loot to be salvaged.

Old 26-05-2005, 10:08 PM   #30
brittany

i cant figure out how to install the game. i have doxbox, but when i try to run setup.exe a screen w/ a bue box comes up, it wont let me do anything after that...any ideas??