Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-07-2005, 01:58 PM   #81
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Hello there;

as you all must have noticed, i' m not a "big poster", not here, not in anyother place.
I only post when i feel i have something to say, even if some of you don' t understand what i mean, and now, forgive me for my intermission, i have something i would like to say (i will probrably repeat what others have already said, this time by my own words):

This forum is what we, and i mean each one of us, make of it. it is like a big boat, where everybody has got a row, and starts to use it. if we all row in the same direction, the boat advances smothly, but if each one rows in diffrent directions, the path will not be that clear. and if we all stop rowing, it goes nowhere.

As the number of members grows, controlling it will became impossible, as everybody has the right to choose his/her direction, and his/her decision must be respected by the others.

I' m sorry if all this doesn' t make any sense to you, or if you don't see where this can be related to this topic, maybe i' m spamming too... what i want to say is that all of this is very natural, is a part of the evolution of this site, and there are some that can deal with it, and some that just give up like Puffin.

Please ppl, don' t you all give up, may most of you continue the great state of art this site has became and preserve it this way.
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 08-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #82
DakaSha
Forum hobbit

if you want a member to come back send him/her a PM... with luck they will get an email telling them that they have recieved a PM.

and damnit whats the problem anyways!? so far ive only seen 2 people here that actually get on peoples nerves over and over again and one is gone.... most just give up once they see how intelligent most people are here... they feel stupid so they pack up and move to the next forum

so there just isnt any reason to leave :ranting:
DakaSha is offline                         Send a private message to DakaSha
Old 08-07-2005, 09:56 PM   #83
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

I totally, I mean TOTALLY agree with Shrek! Nice one dude k:
You just summarised what I was talking about all the time I like ya!

I think, we shall first make some order in the forum, after that the old members (Like Puffin. Don'T leave us! ) will return surely k:

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 12-07-2005, 10:01 AM   #84
mika
Games Master

Here's an idea: Why not have 2 sections on the forum. A locked, read-only one and a public one. People can only join the "inner group" by being good in the public one or by being referred or something. This way, you know that he public forums will have spam, but you'll also have a nice forum where people can read spam/flame free posts and conversations.
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 12-07-2005, 10:25 AM   #85
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, but that's assuming that the "good" members don't spam at all, and I wouldn't be so sure about that. Even people I would regard as highly respectable regulars do have their spammy moments.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 12-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #86
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

wooooooo! I like to wear snuggly jumpers! But when it gets too hot to wear them then I cry!

(Like that, you mean?)
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 12-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #87
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Jul 12 2005, 10:26 AM
wooooooo! I like to wear cuddly jumpers! But when it gets too hot to wear them then I cry!

(Like that, you mean?)
Yes, pretty much. And that's more than I needed to know about your private life, actually... :blink:
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 12-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #88
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It was actually lyrics from a comedy song about jumpers my friend John once wrote when we were at college.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 12-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #89
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Well after reading the first two pages i'm kind of speechless... :crazy:
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu