Old 28-04-2005, 05:48 PM   #11
gesus1979

http://www.gamesover.com/walkthroughs/iuc.txt

for the walkthrough

Old 21-05-2005, 03:36 AM   #12
song_raider

Quote:
Originally posted by kil'jaeden@Feb 20 2005, 09:22 AM
Firstly - I've read about that bug, too.

Secondly - How come I can't seem to get it to work with digitzed sound. It just won't boot with soundblaster enabled, saying "can't load sound driver". Adlib and Roland work fine, music only that is tho. I'm running Dosbox 0.63 on a Winxp machine. Thanks.
I have the same problem with soundblaster, I can just play it with Adlib and roland and only get the music...does anyone manages this forum anyway?

Old 29-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #13

If you turn off the sound completely (set iuc sound to "not present") and run the game without dos box (eg just double clicking on the innocent.exe) you can enter the subway and finish the game. The only drawback is you won't have any sound. You need to right click on innocent.exe and change the compatibility to "run in win95, 256 colors, and 640x480". I've been trying to find a way around this and getting the sound to work, but nothing yet...which is really a shame because this is such a great game. I'll update if I ever get it working 100%.

Old 29-05-2005, 11:05 PM   #14

I think I may have found a fix!!! It's a little complex, but it looks like I can play the whole game with sound again. Here's what I did:

To get Innocent Until Caught Working!!!

1. Right click innocent.exe and select "run compatible for win95"; "256 colors"; "run 640x480".
2. Run set_iuc and make sure ADLIB is selected for "soundcard"
3. Be careful with this step. Use it at your own risk, but this step is important because it makes the sound/music work. Edit c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt (open with notepad). NOTE: Back up this file in case you need to revert back! The first section should look like this:

REM Install CD ROM extensions
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

Add REM statements in front of the three commands, so they look like
this:

REM Install CD ROM extensions
REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support
REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

4. Play the game using Doxbox until you need to use the subway.
5. When you reach the station, but can't enter the subway train, save and quit the game.
5. Open the game again, without using dosbox (e.g. double click on innocent.exe)
6. Restore your last game in the subway station (the train that you weren't able to enter using dosbox).
7. Enter the subway train (now you can, only you don't have sound)
8. Exit the train and save the game in the subway station again (for example, instead of Badside, this time the sign says The Hill).
9. Now exit the game, and restart it using dosbox, restore the game when you were at the Hill (or any other section of town) and PRESTO! You should still have sound and should now be able to progress through the rest of the game.

Note: Everytime you need to travel on the subway, you need to follow steps 5-9. Sorry, but right now, this is the only way to play the game and still keep sound the entire time (except in the train itself.) Good luck!

Old 30-05-2005, 04:08 PM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Abandonia copy of the game misses Sound Blaster drivers. Boo.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-06-2005, 06:06 PM   #16
greyhound

whoohoo!

I got it working!
the train-problem is solved! :Brain:

Just start DosBox, goto the game folder and execute "INNCRK.COM" This patches the game and the problem is gone!

At the copy-prot screen just fill 4 random numbers in and click Enter.

Hope that helps.
greyhound is offline                         Send a private message to greyhound
Old 07-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #17
kajlena

i cant catch the fly with the damn jar...

Old 14-06-2005, 06:33 AM   #18
Mike_fields

just solved my problem :whistle:
Mike_fields is offline                         Send a private message to Mike_fields
Old 27-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #19
hermaj

This is probably really stupid but... I'm in the police station with the desk sargent, police officer and suspect. I know I need to click on the drugs to get the flour for later but... where are they? I've tried waving the look command everywhere around the police station but I can't see where they are.

Old 28-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #20

you just need to talk to the policeman as far as i remember
and at some point tell him you can dispose of it for him
then hell put it on the desk