Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-02-2005, 07:46 AM   #11
jbergstrom

MOusse420, it's "Fuzzy" from SMW2: Yoshis Island

This must be some sort of a beta version of the game. I did have the real one years ago, and this version really is missing a great deal of playability.

This game did have a network play option, too. After we got a network at home, I remember playing that capture-the-flag game with my brother all the time (and Worms 2)
jbergstrom is offline                         Send a private message to jbergstrom
Old 22-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #12
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
This version is missing a lot of features; the one I used to have had multiple languages, 3d parallax backgrounds, cut-scenes. The level transitions were different. Plus there was more episodes and a (pink smile.gif ) level editor, just to mention a couple things...
Quote:
This game did have a network play option, too. After we got a network at home, I remember playing that capture-the-flag game with my brother all the time (and Worms 2) (smile.gif)
You're right with that. I've got that version. It comes on two CDs. One with the original JazzJackrabbit2 the second with "The Lost Levels" containing episodes 5 and 6 and a new character "Lori Bunny". All the features you mentioned are included. There was also a special christmas edition sometime.
The complete package is 102MB - plenty much for a jump'n'run...

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 25-02-2005, 03:39 AM   #13
Stormtrooper9

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin@Feb 22 2005, 03:52 PM
Quote:
This version is missing a lot of features; the one I used to have had multiple languages, 3d parallax backgrounds, cut-scenes. The level transitions were different. Plus there was more episodes and a (pink smile.gif ) level editor, just to mention a couple things...
Quote:
This game did have a network play option, too. After we got a network at home, I remember playing that capture-the-flag game with my brother all the time (and Worms 2) (smile.gif)
You're right with that. I've got that version. It comes on two CDs. One with the original JazzJackrabbit2 the second with "The Lost Levels" containing episodes 5 and 6 and a new character "Lola Bunny". All the features you mentioned are included. There was also a special christmas edition sometime.
The complete package is 102MB - plenty much for a jump'n'run...
Hummm 2cds?! I just rember 1 but I wasa young back then so who knows. Its too bad they have not relesed JazzJackrabbit 1 So much good times and storys that I could get back at my bro with :evil:
Stormtrooper9 is offline                         Send a private message to Stormtrooper9
Old 25-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #14
Chris
Abandonia Homie

May be your release had one CD. In fact you don't need any. It is just a setup file on each disc you have to install and the program runs. The interesting fact is that the Lost Levels on the 2nd CD is a stand alone version of JJ2 with only the last episode implemented. I'll try to put the two versions together so I'll be able to reduce the overall size of the package to about 60MB.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 27-02-2005, 12:59 AM   #15
Cowowar
Forum hobbit

This game was great. Very high production values, completely compatible, loads of fun. Thought it was a little too easy, but whatever. k:
Cowowar is offline                         Send a private message to Cowowar
Old 04-03-2005, 11:09 PM   #16
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin@Feb 25 2005, 01:33 PM
May be your release had one CD. In fact you don't need any. It is just a setup file on each disc you have to install and the program runs. The interesting fact is that the Lost Levels on the 2nd CD is a stand alone version of JJ2 with only the last episode implemented. I'll try to put the two versions together so I'll be able to reduce the overall size of the package to about 60MB.
I also have that version with the add-on on CD somewhere around...
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 27-03-2005, 06:06 PM   #17
Nosferrath
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to Nosferrath Send a message via MSN to Nosferrath

One of the best platformers I ever played. This game is cool ! :w00t:
Nosferrath is offline                         Send a private message to Nosferrath
Old 01-04-2005, 10:51 PM   #18
NrmMyth
Hero Gamer

The Jazz 2 is IMO the best platform game ever. I used to play it in singleplayer and multiplayer, both are great.
Also I would beat the crap out of my brother in multiplayer. :evil:
Old 11-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #19
~SilentKnight~

Hey , if any of you guys are interested, there's a patch and some jazz 2 related apps here.

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/node.php?...tyModeDownloads

i'm still exploring this site....so i don't know how much of this works...i just thought i'd let you know.

Old 12-04-2005, 03:39 AM   #20
~SilentKnight~

From what i've figured out, this isn't the release version of JJ2. There are several versions floating around...JJ2 secret levels (i think that's what it's called), JJ2 holiday hare and JJ2 1.23. This is version 1.00g, which is the JJ2 beta. That's why it's missing a bunch of features. (including network play)