Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #231
Undertaker
Super Freak

Did you knew about 'undead mode'? It works like this:

Make sure all but one of your party members are dead. Now, when the last character receives a mortal blow, quickly press escape and save your game (in an empty slot, of course). Now reload the game. All your characters will still be dead, but the game continues like normal (ie. creatures try to attack you). You can still hurt the creatures by throwing rocks/weapons/armor. You can go back to normal mode by reviving one of your characters with an item.

This trick can easily be done by attacking on of the Gladstone guards; since they hit you so hard, it takes a while for your health meter to reach 0. This way you have more time to press escape.
After you kill the Gladstone guards, you have four nice Halberds!
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 16-10-2005, 03:11 PM   #232
Gamefreak

I think if you kill the guards, the doors in Gladstone that lead to drawn locations like the king's chamber will be closed, thus the game wouldn't be continueable anymore.

Old 16-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #233
Maerryji

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker@Oct 16 2005, 02:50 PM

What you're saying about the shields really surprises me. I thought those shields were mere decorations. Do you also know if a creature uses a weapon (like some Orcs do) also do more damage?
Also, when a shield is destroyed, does that creature's appearence change? It would be very strange if I wouldn't have noticed that! :D
Well, I have heard about that part of forest behind the Vulture Chasm, now it becomes more clear. Thank you.

About the shields - I meant another thing: creatures' lives and deathes depend not only on one parameter I call "health", but on two parameters, and I call the second one "shields". First blow, if it isn't strong enough, destroys only shields, and further blows deal with health(HP).
For example, lizard in Southern forest has 40 HP. It won't die after two 21-HP damages because of shields, but if you make a 2-HP scratch and then add two 20-HP blows, it would. That's how you can use rocks.
To kill that lizard in a single blow you have to make somewhere about 60-70 HPs' damage. (Just check this: sometimes Ak'shel would fail to kill it when he casts Spark:'IV' and then 'I', but he always kills it using 'I' and then 'IV').
Parameter I call "shields" has no bearing to the appearence (although it is possible that orcs equipped with shields have more "shields" than the other ones, or they evade/block blows better).

Old 16-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #234
Maerryji

Haven't heard about an undead mode. Nice idea.

When I added myself some health and magic (just a couple of thousands), I was able to get those halberds.

Old 16-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #235
Mateej

These are rather obvious information but I'll post them anyway:

1) Jade necklace ads +1 to rogue level.
2) Amber ring adds bonus of 5 to protection.
3) Crossbow "Valkyrie" shoots fireballs but this fireball DOES NOT ignite gas in Mines (in the place where you smell it).
4) Trident "Plague" decreases your fighter level by 1.

I got one more question:

I don't know why but in Replication room in Catwalk Caverns I was able to replicate only items made of paper (miscellanous scrolls and Aces). Did somebody experience something like this?

Old 16-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #236
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Well you guys made me play that game again ! Like i needed it ! More time wasted on PC games. But it sure is good ! k:

Thanks and no thanks !
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 16-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #237
Maerryji

Mateej, your points 1), 2), and 4) are indeed obvious - you can see the difference just when you wear/remove those items.

Some items indeed cannot be duplicated. I am sure about emerald blades, Dark Gauntlet, Crucible of Faith. But most of the items (including the great sword "Justice") were replicable for me.

Old 16-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #238
Undertaker
Super Freak

Shields: Thank you for clearing this up. This is very interesting information!

Gladstone guards: wow, I've never been able to beat them, but then again, I've never really tried. With which character are you playing?

Duplication bug: I've never experienced this! What version are you playing?

Did you know the infinite might/protection bug? It's made up from two different bugs. In the Cd version one of the bugs is fixed, but it can still be done.

This is taken from www.ethereallore.com. I've contributed this myself!

Go to White Tower Lv.3 (or Castle Cimmeria Lv.1 but that is too far away and too late in the game to really make use of this cheat) and go to the only pit in the level (the pit which drops you off at the minotaur on Level 2). Save your game.
Make sure the pit is open. Wait for a ghost to appear over the pit.
Now, place a weapon or armor (preferably Great Sword 'Justice' or the Kite Shield) on the pit, so that the weapon or armor falls through. The ghost will have disappeared.
Click on the pit and you'll get your weapon/armor back (keep trying, it might be hard to find the right spot). Place it into your inventory. Keep clicking on the pit and you will get more copies! Get a number of five of the same weapon, or four of the same armor.
Go to Victor's Arms or the weapon seller in the swamp.

Equip your party with all copies and sell the remaining one.

Go outside and check your characters. Where the equipment was are now items named 'illegal item'. Take them all off and place them in your inventory (NEVER place two or more copied items or illegal items on the floor--the game will crash). While doing this, your might/protection will not decrease and will remain the same as when you were equipped.

Get back in the shop and re-buy the same weapon/armor. Your 'illegal items' will re-change to the copied equipment.

Repeat the last three steps for infinite might/protection.

You can still get the trick going in the CD version; equip yourself with all copied items and sell the remaining one as usual. Buy the equipment back (or choose another item to copy). Now, go back to copy your equipment and repeat. To get rid of "illegal items," donate them to the "Stone Idol: Ra’ToI the Fortunate" in the swamps (refer to the map). It just costs a lot more time, but you also get infinite money this way.

Watch out for enemies that grab your weapons and drop them on the floor--remember, if two or more copied items or illegal items are on the floor, the game crashes.

This trick is best done with Great Sword 'Justice' or the Kite Shield, because you can re-buy them in the shops.

If a character now wears no weapons or shields, it can damage enemies with his bare hands!
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 16-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #239
Gamefreak

Quote:
Originally posted by Maerryji@Oct 16 2005, 08:05 PM
Some items indeed cannot be duplicated. I am sure about emerald blades, Dark Gauntlet, Crucible of Faith. But most of the items (including the great sword "Justice") were replicable for me.
Well, I have the CD version, and the Dark Gauntlet is replicable.
I guess it's because it counts as a weapon.

Old 16-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #240
Undertaker
Super Freak

Some more facts:

Not every character does the same damage with the same spell. The order of magic power from weak to strong is:
Kieran - Timothy/Baccata/Lora/Paulson - Ak'shel - Conrad - Michael

Ak'shel is only slightly more powerful than Timothy and the others.

The fact that Michael is such a strong spellcaster is most likely a bug, imho; it doesn't make sense and it makes him overpowered. Why? Read on...

Note that the more damage you do, the more experience you receive. Because of this, when Michael reaches Mage level 2 (so that he can cast higher level Spark spells), he'll be a kick behind mage!
When your character levels up, you don't always receive the same amount of increased HP/MP. So if you just leveled up with Michael to Mage level 2, check his MP. If the max MP is 25 or higher, you can cast level 4 Spark. If not, you should reload and level up again.
After this, he'll even level up faster to level 3 than he did to level 2!
This also accounts for his fighter level, obviously. This makes it very easy to level up Michael.

If you have problems getting Michael to Mage level 2, you should do this: in Roland's Manor, cast Spark against the Orcs and retreat outside. Rest, re-enter and cast Spark again. Kill all the Orcs this way. After that, you'll only need a couple of more kills with spark to level up.
Conrad can easily make it to level 2 this way, btw.

The values for leveling up are:

Fighter level
12-25 HP

Rogue level
2- 12 HP

Mage level
1-6 HP
12-25 MP
18-37 MP for Ak'shel

I'm not sure about the fighter level's increase (the max seems true for most characters), the minimal MP increase (including Ak'shel's). Any confirmation is welcome! k: