Old 04-09-2007, 12:29 AM   #181
DarkMatter

Here's the jpg for ship identification:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j9...on/ships_1.gif

Here's a link for a slightly larger version in gif format:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Rigg...ps_1_Larger.gif

Regards,
DarkMatter

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: img links removed cos pic no longer exists
DarkMatter is offline                         Send a private message to DarkMatter
Old 04-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #182
Jokokulus

oh, one more drawback, and one more thing i love about this game:

if you have a non-agression-pact with a race and they invade a colony of yours anyway, you're not allowed to reinvade that colony, they'll be extremely upset and remember forever your act of "unprovoked violence"(and i think all other races too!)... only thing you can do is to threaten them to attack... maybe you'll get a little tribute out of it if you're lucky

but what i love a lot is that often (in impossible mode) there are no (or almost no) races at war during ~half of the game, you just keep trying to stay friends with everyone while also trying to exploit them as much as you can, trying to snatch away planets they're about to colonize, etc... and often you're on the brink of war with one race but you can keep them happy with tribute etc... and then suddenly everyone is at war because one race declared war on another race and of course all allies of both races are asked to participate...and it's a big mess!... lovely!

Old 15-09-2007, 08:02 AM   #183
Bergioyn

Need Help. Do I ned dos to play this? Because it won't install it on vista. Vista sucks...

Old 15-09-2007, 08:06 AM   #184
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

You need DOS or DOSBox. DOSBox can be downloaded via the link here
http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=programs

Here you will find a tutorial on how to set it up and how to use it
http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=index&FAQ=1

In my signature, you'll also find a link to another tutorial.

Read them and read the troubleshooting section for further info. Then, if there still are problems getting things working, feel free to post in Troubleshooting.
Old 16-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #185
Muad'Dib

I think moo2 is slightly better than this one; but it needed too much micro management, you needed to allocate every one of your people to certain jobs, instead of using plain sliders to make that planet a research planet for example.
Muad'Dib is offline                         Send a private message to Muad'Dib
Old 17-09-2007, 04:03 AM   #186
12turtle12
Game freak

Weak. As a warning, IMHO MoO3 was even worse than #2 sounds.
I couldn't even figure out how to intelligently move my ships in battle. And let's be honest, the AI for autobattle usually screws you.
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 17-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #187
Avelardo
Abandonia nerd

I disagree, autobattle worked just fine for me, most of my ship designs were intended for ranged combat; carriers and missile boats, with plenty of anti-missile/anti-fighter weaponry.

The only thing that offered me problems was fleet organization, but that was corrected with a minor design tweak for all subsequent ships.
Avelardo is offline                         Send a private message to Avelardo
Old 17-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #188
12turtle12
Game freak

the other possibility is i just sucked at it and never put the time in to figure out all the mechanics.
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 20-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazgotsaved
the other possibility is i just sucked at it and never put the time in to figure out all the mechanics.
I think you were just trying too hard; MOO3 felt to me like it lent itself well to the least amount of player input when it came to combat. The fleet AI does well enough on its own if you keep the ship designs simple, like with the default defense ships, the Hawk and Eagle.

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 07:16 AM. Reason: html again

Old 05-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazgotsaved
I think you were just trying too hard; MOO3 felt to me like it lent itself well to the least amount of player input when it came to combat. The fleet AI does well enough on its own if you keep the ship designs simple, like with the default defense ships, the Hawk and Eagle.
I found that MOO3 was either a very involved micromanagement game (you could go in and micromanage the regions of your colonies), or you could essentially move sliders (using the governors orders as sliders). I liked the depth of the reasearch tree and the options for setting up the galaxy (30 stars 20 opponents=fun for the harvesters). 3 (patched) is a lot like 1, but doesn't seem like it is when you first play it.

MOO2 was quite fun, but reintroduced buildings to the core of planetary infastructure. And decreased the mystery of the MOO research tree (trading was important, unless you could spy on the Psylons).

MOO was a blast, it was challenging, but wasn't too tedious even with 30 colonies (some of which were new). I've been surprised at how fun each race can be, when you use the right strategy (the Birds and Cats require that you attack a race almost on encounter). Impossible is a fun challenge win or lose.

I still play the first two, but find the 3rd one to be too long (I forget what my plans were in between 20-50 round sessions).

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: html