Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Question Printing Questions

I never could seem to get the site to give me a good print preview. (I use Firefox)
When I say print preview, it gives me the large header at the top of the site, and then part of the first post. Nothing more.
If I scroll down before I click the print Preview, it does the same thing.
I tried using the printable version... Same problem.
Anybody know how to print out the forum's pages without copy paste?
Note: I like to still see the smilies when I print it out, so If at all possible, I want to avoid using the printable version which turns them into text.

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 26-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

You would be surprised, but my previews shows full discussions. Divided by pages, of course. And (surprise!) my printers print that according to this view. Or any asked page(s). Check your settings, maybe?
Old 26-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Question

Do you use Firefox? And is it the same version? Perhaps I should try IE or Opera or Chrome?

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 26-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

That layout is made by the browser, so fiddle its settings (or you may try a different one)
Old 27-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaaViinsZ View Post
Do you use Firefox? And is it the same version? Perhaps I should try IE or Opera or Chrome?
Oh. I didn't try FF. I haven't it. But I tried Opera, Chrome and IE, and all of them worked.
Old 27-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Exclamation Google Chrome Works Well...

Strange. I tried my Aunt's version of Google Chrome and it works great for printing. I'll have to check on my computer, when I get back from my trip, to see if Chrome or otherwise works this well on there.

Looks like Mozilla has issues with frames and printing. Either that or my Mozilla just has issues. LOL!

Note: I was about to say something about me advancing to the rank of AB nerd, and how weird that was, but Japo might strike me down with his sword of flaming fury!

(Also known as politely moving my discussion to a new thread, in kindness)

Last edited by StaaViinsZ; 27-09-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 27-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

No post counts->no new ranks. Simply.
Old 27-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
Mostak Ahmed
Lurker

You may visit http://techteachingbd.blogspot.com/ to get help.
Mostak Ahmed is offline                         Send a private message to Mostak Ahmed
Old 27-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostak Ahmed View Post
You may visit http://techteachingbd.blogspot.com/ to get help.
You may visit www.kittengalaxy.webs.com for some idiotic nonsense that has nothing to do with what we are talking about...

Was that previous post spam?
It looks useful, but it doesn't seem to apply to this issue... which isn't really an issue... just a discussion of a little question I had.

So that post came out of nowhere!

Old 27-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
Japo
Autonomous human

That is certainly spam and most likely a bot. You'll get used to recognize them because sadly they're all over the place on AB lately. The boards and threads with most momentary activity seem to attract them.

I regret that you associate me with the idea of a flaming sword, I'll be tolerant