Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #91
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

*responding to your post in chatterbox* Yes, we do read this tread. However, I'm not sure what to do with your archives. You said you supplied ISOs along with DOSBox. We need pre-installed versions. Also, you don't have to uplaod entire dosbox, you can only state what to change in dosbox.conf or how to mount CD, perhaps creating a .bat file that can take care of it.

Anyway, why are your archives better than existing ones? What's the story?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 27-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #92
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

-MK1 now has sound quality just like the arcade version, and is set up more like MK2 menu-wise. It's also a lot less laggy and more smooth than before.

-MK2 is still restricted to MIDI music, but is still better than the version already on this site. It's more smooth, the buy-in screen works properly in DOSBox, and the copyright screen stays on screen longer, making it easier to access the cheat menu.

The reason I had to include the ISOs with DOSBox is because I can't find a No-CD crack for that version of the games. I looked everywhere online.
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL
Old 28-12-2010, 05:49 AM   #93
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

The Abandonia Frequency song uploading procedure is based on game nodes, we can only add the songs for Mk1 or Mk2, but not Mk1 and Mk2 together. So which tracks are for Mk1 and which are for Mk2?

I already told you in the chatbox, the changes for those two archives are minor, from a different version of the games. The ones currently available for download are the original disk versions as I understand. They deserve to be preserved as much as those cd versions do, and coupled with the fact the archives are not preinstalled but ISO, there is no reason to replace the current ones. We could use those ISOs only if we had no other choice, but in this case we clearly have an alternative.
Old 28-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #94
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, you can definitely upload those ISOs to ISO cellar. Considering the size of ISO, perhaps we can add them on the main page as extra. What's our policy about that anyway? I was wondering that considering C&C too...

As for no-CD crack, that is not necessary with DOSBox. You can simply write what is needed to be done in DOSBox in order to run the game instead of uploading entire modified DOSBox. Most of the times those changes are no more than few commands. You can even create .bat file In case you are unaware of .bat files, those are executable files that will run few lines of commands that you typed inside of them. So, instead of explaining what is to be done, users can simply run the .bat file and it will do the job instead of them.

I feel very bad that you did all this job (uploading archives with dosbox, screenshots and even writing reviews) which turns out that it isn't needed. I like your enthusiasm about games, so please do check with us first. If there is a game on site and you want to change something, please explain here and we'll respond. If there is a game that is not on site, but you are unsure is it appropriate for the site at this moment, look for it in Requests forum or ask there yourself. Our team that handles Requests forum will check is the game abandonware.

I don't want to see you disappointed for doing job that is not being used. And please keep up with new ideas and games
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 28-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #95
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

@TotalAnarchy

MK1 Tracks
01. In the Beginning
02. The Courtyard
03. The Temple Gate
04. The Cavern
05. The Bridge
06. Goro and the Emperor
07. Victory
08. SCRLAHTS

MKII Tracks
01. Prologue - The Battlefield
02. The Dead Pool
03. The Screaming Forest
04. The Armory
05. The Portal
06. Air Kombat
07. WDYLMA
08. Epilogue - Shao Kahn's Last Stand
09. MKII Death Jam
10. MKII Audio Tour

If I have to upload the MK 1 & 2 ISO to the ISO cellar, then I will. I just wished that it could get more attention...
Old 29-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #96
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Don't think that ISO cellar doesn't get attention. But please tell me what modifications you made to the DOSBox for MK to run. It is surely not necessary to upload DOSBox with ISOs.
Old 15-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #97
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

I was wondering, is it possible to upload games to the FTP before they're no longer protected, as long as they're not put on the main site until that date?
Old 16-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #98
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There should be no problem with that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #99
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

All right! In that case, I'll submit:

Sonic & Knuckles Collection
Sonic 3D Blast
SEGA Smash Pack Vol. 1 and 2

I'll think of more later...
Old 16-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #100
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

OK, I just uploaded Sonic & Knuckles Collection, along with a review, screenshots, and boxshots.

Beware, the review is very long. It took me a whole hour to write it, because there was so much to explain about the game.