Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-09-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

Ok, I know that I can't be the only one here to like (ok... love) Joss Whedons Firefly and be incredibly excited that Serenity is coming out right away... So I'd like to know that I'm not alone in my adoration of the show... I'm not alone right? Hello? Hellooo?? hello?
Galadrin is offline                         Send a private message to Galadrin
Old 21-09-2005, 12:23 AM   #2
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

I wasn't so keen on Firefly, but I LOVE the Buffy and Angel shows (also by Joss Whedon).

:Brain:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 21-09-2005, 04:09 AM   #3
allyfaucet
Abandonia nerd

I love Firefly!! :Brain:

You're not alone And I can't wait to see the movie!!

*more grins*
allyfaucet is offline                         Send a private message to allyfaucet
Old 21-09-2005, 04:10 AM   #4
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I adore Firefly, I have the series on DVD

Too bad it was cancelled

But YAY for the movie :Brain:
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 21-09-2005, 04:11 AM   #5
moogle
Abandonia Homie

*hasn't seen Firefly*
Whats it about?
I remember reading a short article on it a while back...
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 21-09-2005, 05:22 AM   #6
allyfaucet
Abandonia nerd

Firefly is based in the future, where some characters are the crew on this spaceship. The kind of spaceship is a firefly (it sort of looks like one) and it's named Serenity. There's a captain, and a bunch of other crew people, and this group carries cargo (sometimes risky or illegal) to places for some highly paid jobs. They're pretty rogue, and if they get caught by the Alliance (like the government) doing some of the illegal jobs they do, they'll be in big trouble. Another interesting thing about it, is that although it's future-based, it's also kind of like a western. The crew of Serenity are kind of like "space cowboys." The writing is superb, but the best thing about the series is the characters and how funny and unique they are. It has very definite characters...a well made series

But cancelled after one measly season

Did I leave anything out, anyone?
allyfaucet is offline                         Send a private message to allyfaucet
Old 21-09-2005, 06:00 AM   #7
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

hmmmmm... pretty good, but:

Mal (captain): Here's how it is: Earth got used up, so we terraformed a whole new galaxy of Earths, some rich and flush with new technologies, some not so much. Central Planets, them was formed the Alliance, waged war to bring everyone under their rule; a few idiots tried to fight it, among them myself. I'm Malcolm Reynolds, captain of the Serenity. Got a good crew: fighters, pilot, mechanic. We even picked up a preacher, and a bona fide companion. There's a doctor, too, his genius sister from some Alliance camp, so they're keeping a low profile. You got a job, we can do it, don't much care what it is.

and

Book (preacher): After the Earth was used up, we found a new solar system and hundreds of new Earths were terraformed and colonized. The central planets formed the Alliance and decided all the planets had to join under their rule. There was some disagreement on that point. After the War, many of the Independents who had fought and lost drifted to the edges of the system, far from Alliance control. Out here, people struggled to get by with the most basic technologies; a ship would bring you work, a gun would help you keep it. A captain's goal was simple: find a crew, find a job, keep flying.

pretty much sums it up IMHO k:

*edit: I do hope so much that Book will be in the movie. He's one of the most interesting characters.

*edit again: For those of you interested here's a link to the "viral" campaign for Serenity.
Galadrin is offline                         Send a private message to Galadrin