Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-08-2005, 03:45 PM   #111
Cape

The problem for me is the music, not the sound..., i don't have any music.. i want the music.

ps: i specify that i don't have a sound blaster

Old 15-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #112
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

But you did not specify do you use DOSBox, VDMSound, operating system, etc.

You should tell us rest of it, so that we can figure it out.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 31-08-2005, 12:51 AM   #113

i use just winxp, nothing else.

Old 31-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #114
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Then go to the troubleshooting section and read the FAQ's there. Everything is explained.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #115
Bug

This game has very good gameplay, but the thing that got me hypnothised is graphics and design in general. It is a real piece of art.

Old 17-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #116
Blue_bags

OKay....lesse...if you d/l'd the game and aren't getting any sound. couple things u can try. For me I have windows xp....
1)got my d/l off of gamebird.....I don't know what files are included on this site hopefully similar
2)dosbox was in it too....game run fine with no sound
3)d/l vdm sound from newhere. the newest version is 2.0.4
--ran into a problem after d/ling vdm sound.....dlls were not being installed....just ignore it for now...
--check out the sourceforge forums...this is where I got the answer for the vdm sound not being installed properly....in one of the replys they include a zipped file archive which after d/ling and then opening and double clicking on magically vdm sound now works
5)oh yeah....I also copied everything in the main folder into the data folder...I doubt this did anything to help....but hey I was trying anything to get the sound to work- sound works good except for .......
6)finally....for me the sound is working...but yeah I notice the same thing...the game will crash when too many explosions i.e. the time bombs go off.....One thing I do is just equip my squad with a whole muck load of lasers....cuz after the enemy agents are killed they just dissapear and drop nothing...so I guess its an alternate fix...just wipe em out...if ya need ta feel safe though carry a spare minigun wit ya and a medpack.....5 lasers usually last a whole sweep ....except in the accelerator mission
7)someone had a question as to what the bars are for...
a)red bar- makes em move faster
b)blue bar - Makes em hella accurate
c)doodoo yellow bar - makes em kill threats on their own.. :Titan: "just sit back and watch"
8)The original reason why I came here was to check if neone had an easy way to finish off the peru mission....the one where the doods in the bunker in an apc....and always seems to get away even when I leave one of mine around the rear to blow him up if he comes out....I never see him leave though...neway...imma try it again now....hope this muck helps sumone out ... eaazy k:

Old 17-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #117
FiberWire
Forum hobbit

Groovy game! k:
FiberWire is offline                         Send a private message to FiberWire
Old 18-10-2005, 04:00 PM   #118
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Blue Bags: I'll see about that Peru mission when I managed to get home one of the next weeks. It must have been feasible and not as damn difficult as the Atlantic Accelerator, since I've finished the Peru mission more than once.
I might be able to provide you with an answer much sooner, if Syndicate is still on my laptop, but feel free to ask again if I don't reply in a few weeks time...
Old 19-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #119
Blue_bags

Oh hey.....I found an easy way to pass the peru mission....I just used a gauss gun from the beginning and shot at the tunnel the dood is walking in...and he just burned and died.....easy level....just gotta think outside the box..... :Brain:

Oh yeah one more thing......thinking outside the box like.....u don't need any shields for the atlantic accelerator mission....maybe just one medkit...one minigun...and all the lasers u can carry. The last thing u need is a quick finger...to set all your agents into panic mode from the start and starting zapping up the agents with your lasers....keep the agents in panic mode and slowly move forward...I never used any shields...just lasers...once in awhile I used the minigun to kill sum guards and grab their weapons...but hey this level is so much easier now that I'm playing this game when im older...neway maybe this will help people....can beat the accelerator level in bout 2 minutes this way.....eaazzy

One question I do have is...where can I get "syndicate american revolt" expansion....I heard its harder....I really wanna try that

oh yeah one more question.....does syndicate wars really suck that bad??? I remember playing syndicate on the playstation 1 and it totally sucked in every way......ah well Im off to d/l and play sum dune 2....the next conquest I never finished as a kid.

Old 19-10-2005, 12:57 AM   #120
FiberWire
Forum hobbit

What's the best way to get max taxes and happy peons, i mean population,,,,taxes should be around .,.i must say this is just the begginig of the game,.
FiberWire is offline                         Send a private message to FiberWire