Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #21
Micmag
Talking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vcj @ Aug 12 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]248174[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
:wallbash: Where are the best places to look for chronium in the game?
[/b]
Have been looking for this game since i sold my amiga 15 yaers ago... Finally i found WinUAE :brain:

Chromium can onlu be found on Triton. About the bunker!! Dont waste time and resources building it. When the attack comes, simply jump to the power management module and switch to the lowest one. The other ones wont be destroied. You also should have a Carrack (with crew) in the hangar. All dies under the attack, but afterwords you simply discard the Carrack, put the SolarX back an you are back on line..

Good planets to harvest is Leda for Uranium. Callisto for Alluminium, Titanium and Iron. Miranda for Silver and Triton for Chromium. All other planets and moons are more expensive to Collonise than the resources you get access to. After all, you will need 1200 Silver(Miranda) and 9800 Iron(Callisto) for the fligth Carryer and 220 Chromium(Triton) for the terraformer. Everything else is about Aluminium and Titanium. Building a S.I.O.S and a transport Carrack costs more of these resources than it will give back.

Well well, hope i havent spoiled the game for anyone. I play the game on a regulary basis, ons a year or so. I newer think i will get tired of this game.. A clean story line and always somthing new to do. Not like Deuteros wher you have to clean out the complete solar system, and when you are done you just has to play the same game again in a new solar system.. When you come to the 4. or 5. solar system it just getting more and more borring doing the same thing over. (There are 10 solar systems zzz) :wallbash:

Just a tip. If you start finding Millenium borring, take a chalange. Finish the game within 5 years..

Greate Game k:

Old 12-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vcj @ Aug 12 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]248174[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
:wallbash: Where are the best places to look for chronium in the game?
[/b]
Triton is the only place where you could find chrom
probe all planets to find out which ressources there are !

But Question from me:
I've build some Terraformer,
but couldn't transport them (1060t)
Carrack only transports 1000t
and Fleet 1050t
so what did I have to do to gen next (last) research ???
PS I've having every possible colony

Old 12-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #23

i never played this on my amiga but deuteros is brilliant.

Old 13-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The Terraformer is used only once (you'll need it to win the game). There will be a design of a vessel - a modified Fleet Carrier - for you to transport it to Earth, but that's on the very end of the game. I think the design will appear after you beat the final Martian fleet heading towards the Moon.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-09-2006, 04:06 PM   #25

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Sep 13 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]254783[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The Terraformer is used only once (you'll need it to win the game). There will be a design of a vessel - a modified Fleet Carrier - for you to transport it to Earth, but that's on the very end of the game. I think the design will appear after you beat the final Martian fleet heading towards the Moon.
[/b]
i don't have been any attack's - since many years

i defeated the martian fleet once, and after them
they give up, so i could colony the mars ..

since them nothing is happenend !
i've colonized every possible planet
on everyone is the mining working
and also defence is there ..

but no new research is coming for "vessel?"

Old 13-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #26

oh i just found out
you have to LAND your Fighter on Moon
than he tells you more ...

and a nice fight against the ~250 Martians ^^

Old 17-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #27
mussie

I bought the original of both games YEARS ago, They ended up being thrown out along with my buggered 1040STFM.

After getting the itch a while back I started searching for it and found a bunch of stuff
I use Steam for emulating the ST and WinUAE for the Amiga

Below is where you can get disc images and data on Deuteros and Millennium 2.2

Amiga HDD File For Emulators:

EXCELLENT Deuteros Page With:
Links To Download A Disk Image For ST Emulators
Data on Production and Resources (Also has this data available as an MS Access Database)
CAREFUL SPOILER

EXCELLENT Millennium 2.2 Page With:
Links To Download A Disk Image For ST Emulators
Data on Production and Resources (Also has this data available as an MS Access Database)
CAREFUL COULD BE A SPOILER

Be careful as two different versions of Deuteros I have downloaded had bugs in them they have crashed and I have not been able to continue on (sorry dont remember which versions are bugged). I lost 6 hours work and had to start from scratch.

When using an emulator save the emulators state often. I had my good copy stuff up the other night, but it was not the image it was an issue with the emulator, because I was saving the emulators state and not using the ingame save option (quicker) The problem was present when I restarted it. I went back through my different state saves and found a good one, I was then able to progress past the point where the problem had started.

Later all have fun

------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW I found this its interesting not important
This below data from Moby Games

Millennia: Altered Destinies (1995), <-- Ian Bird worked on this and judgeing by the name it looks like its based on Millennium 2.2

Millennium: Return to Earth (1991), Paragon Software Corporation <-- This looks like a rerelease of the original Millennium 2.2

Millennium: Return to Earth (1989), Activision, Inc. <-- This is the original Millennium 2.2
------------------------------------------------------------------
mussie is offline                         Send a private message to mussie
Old 28-11-2006, 04:30 AM   #28
Bryan Smith

There is some replayability.

When you start a new game, immediately select "new game". The planets will rotate, and the planets and moons will have different characteristics. (I'm playing a game with stations on Mercury and Venus - definitely a different feel!)

I don't know why, but this game has one of the highest "addiction factors" = "I really have to go to bed but I can't stop playing" of any game I've played in 30 years - ever since the original Atari system came out circa 1976!

Thanks Abandonia!

Old 09-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #29

I am Majklord from czech republic, this game i played before 15 years, therefore i know universe, proste je to bozi gamesa a paril sem ji moc a moc

Old 10-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #30
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I can't remember: Is the game's events driven by building new bases, or time only? What I mean is, is it neccessary to build bases to dig up artifacts/blueprints/whatever, or will they all come to you in due time?