Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Saccade
[BANNED]

Default Minecraft Competition

Quote:
Build stuff in Minecraft and win a Minecraft premium account!
Three up for grabs!
We have a few premium accounts kindly donated to us by the developer of Minecraft himself - Markus Persson.

What's the deal?
Quote:
It is a simple design competition.
All you must do is to play this free, cool online game Minecraft and build a few things! Then the best of your creations will be picked to have their creator's accounts upgraded to full, premium package.

Anything goes, but please, offensive/racist stuff will not be accepted and you will be banned from any server that I see you doing it on.

I've found making 2D models from drawing a grid is easiest and produces some good results for certain things.
I've seen dragons, pirate ships, castles, animals, people, etc...
The list is endless!
Servers?
Quote:
You can play Minecraft either online with other people or in single-player mode.

If you create your own public server, it is liable to get "griefed" by people (where they will come on with their l33t hax and ruin your stuff ). But you can create a private server as well!

If you can't create a server you can either play it in a single player or join someone else's server and take a screenshot of your creations (I use printscreen button, then paste into paint and then convert to jpeg for smaller filesize).
However - if you upgrade your account to premium in order save your maps on a single-player mode, it will kinda ruin the point of winning a premium account

You can use the Abandoned Times competition server (invite by url ONLY), which I will run when I can.
I will post the links for the servers in the next post.
(It changes everytime I restart the server, so you will have to check back. I will save the maps )
Prizes?
Quote:
The Prizes will be the premium accounts for Minecraft, which enable you to save your maps in single player and get any future updates and new game modes for the games as and when they are released. And there will be a lot of them, since Minecraft is constantly in development.
We currently have 3 prizes, but Markus has said he will give us more if more people enter.

Isn't that nice of him?
The competition will run until the new year, so you have plenty of time to get crafting.
Warning: This game is VERY addictive!

Post your screenshots, etc... here. And have fun!

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 22-11-2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: styled it up and added the logo
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade