Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #501
HeroD7

I have to ask... has -anyone- ever managed to obtain the Perfect Flour from Domovoi?

I maxed out Innkeeping, Housekeeping, Bar and Restaurant. He appeared once during Housekeeping, and twice during Restaurant, upgrading Cooking, Cleaning and Temperance.

Usually he appears once during Housekeeping, and again during Bar.

In another game he appeared once during Housekeeping, and after doing some bar, again when I did 3 housekeeping in a row. (despite having maxed-stats)

Has ANYONE gotten him to do all 4 visits and finally hand over the flour?! He doesn't seem to care whether you win the competitions or not, max out babysitting, or do innkeeping. Is the secret to his final visit having a sensitivity of 999?

And, for that matter, how does one get the perfume from Paimon?
HeroD7 is offline                         Send a private message to HeroD7
Old 15-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #502
HeroD7

Also, I don't know if it'll ever happen but it'd be really awesome if someone could do an FAQ describing the original Japanese endings to those annoying endingnoteherederp.txt files for some endings like the court magician.
Old 21-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #503
HeroD7

I've discovered that if your daughter's highest stat is Charisma (Sex Appeal in the original version) then she'll enter into what I call "ho mode."

She'll blush and make a sexy expression. When aged 15 or older, middle-aged men will repeatedly make her into their mistress (she never says no! I got really high morality and no sin...) and handsome younger men will attempt to date her. Oddly enough, she'll only date them if she has a bad relationship status with her dad. Dating them doesn't do much, her "love status" becomes active and she starts randomly failing tasks for a while.

No fiances will approach her and give her free stuff while in "ho mode." Simply reduce Charisma or increase something above it, and she'll go back to normal.

Because charisma is normally assumed by the game to be increased by working at the hooker bar or strip club (although mermaid tears and going to the beach can raise it in a non-slutty manner, as well as dance practice), having a high charisma makes the game assume she's a hot and start acting like one. (ie, always saying yes to the dirty old men.)

The dirty older men will also come on to her if she's ever worked at the hooker bar or strip club.
Old 24-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #504
underdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroD7 View Post
I've discovered that if your daughter's highest stat is Charisma (Sex Appeal in the original version) then she'll enter into what I call "ho mode."

She'll blush and make a sexy expression. When aged 15 or older, middle-aged men will repeatedly make her into their mistress (she never says no! I got really high morality and no sin...) and handsome younger men will attempt to date her. Oddly enough, she'll only date them if she has a bad relationship status with her dad. Dating them doesn't do much, her "love status" becomes active and she starts randomly failing tasks for a while.

No fiances will approach her and give her free stuff while in "ho mode." Simply reduce Charisma or increase something above it, and she'll go back to normal.

Because charisma is normally assumed by the game to be increased by working at the hooker bar or strip club (although mermaid tears and going to the beach can raise it in a non-slutty manner, as well as dance practice), having a high charisma makes the game assume she's a hot and start acting like one. (ie, always saying yes to the dirty old men.)

The dirty older men will also come on to her if she's ever worked at the hooker bar or strip club.
lulz. i rarely got that, but whenever my charisma gets too high, i always get the "S&M" ending. but i guess that also requires a low moral and some bit of sin stats?

Old 28-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #505
HeroD7

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdragon View Post
lulz. i rarely got that, but whenever my charisma gets too high, i always get the "S&M" ending. but i guess that also requires a low moral and some bit of sin stats?

Sometimes she'll date a young man even if relations with dad are 100- it is really, really rare though. (like 5% odds at best)

Sex appeal was what the stat was originally called in Japan. It's sad she's so ho-ish though if that's her biggest stats, she's pretty in that but I don't want her to be ***** for a bunch of old dudes! Dating the young guys is okay, but the mistress thing is yuck. (she also winds up giving back the money every month- with high dad relations you can get her to give up being the old man's mistress, but every time he comes back to her she says yes)

If you enter the cheat menu you can open up windows- it gives you an idea of how high (and how low) some stats can be to get certain endings- some are pretty odd.

Hmm...

I should test out ways to avoid having her always say yes to the old creep...
Old 21-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #506
HeroD7

A few corrections...

If you increase another stat to 999, and then Charisma, she will automatically enter into "ho mode" and remain until Charisma is lowered.

If sin is low and morality is ludicrously high (700) then you have a 1 in 3 chance she'll refuse to be mistress to the dirty old man whenever he comes onto her.... It's possibly this becomes 100% refusal rating if morality is higher than sex appeal. However, morality is the SLOWEST and MOST DIFFICULT stat to raise, so lots of luck there.

Having high charisma minus ho mode is very good, she will have lots of suitors leave her expensive gifts, which can total up to 5000-10,000 gold in a game.

Also, Princess Maker 5 is mostly translated!

http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Pr...ation_progress
Old 24-11-2013, 02:45 AM   #507
HeroD7

OMG... I got Ms. Fay's Power Ring- without using the cheat shop!

First, max out all magic abilities in magic class... not too hard.

Next, max out magic defense via Graveyard or Theology training. Get the Dragon Tights and wear them, have a snow wolf pelt, and visit the Elf in the forest twice and trade combat for magic skills.

Now go to Magic class roughly 27 times in a row (about 8-9 months worth). I also had magic rep at over 500 (720) from tons of dueling before i did all this.

Ms. Fay will come by and give you the illusive Magic Ring! Unlike Valkria's sword, you don't get rewarded it right after hitting near max, ya gotta keep doing magic class on and on and on.

Is it worth it? Maybe, if only to say you got it, PM 2 really bugged out on giving out the reward earlier.... Now to get Paimon's Perfume and Dovoi's Magic Flour.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #508
under dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroD7 View Post
OMG... I got Ms. Fay's Power Ring- without using the cheat shop!

First, max out all magic abilities in magic class... not too hard.

Next, max out magic defense via Graveyard or Theology training. Get the Dragon Tights and wear them, have a snow wolf pelt, and visit the Elf in the forest twice and trade combat for magic skills.

Now go to Magic class roughly 27 times in a row (about 8-9 months worth). I also had magic rep at over 500 (720) from tons of dueling before i did all this.

Ms. Fay will come by and give you the illusive Magic Ring! Unlike Valkria's sword, you don't get rewarded it right after hitting near max, ya gotta keep doing magic class on and on and on.

Is it worth it? Maybe, if only to say you got it, PM 2 really bugged out on giving out the reward earlier.... Now to get Paimon's Perfume and Dovoi's Magic Flour.
don't think i ever go the magic ring except lategame when she's almost 17? don't see the point of having magic flour. it helps you win the cooking contest? i thought the cooking contest was the easiest to win in early game. that or the art contest, but you'll need to save up money for art classes first.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:53 AM   #509
Tenzu

Default Stress, Delinquency, and Running Away

I recently got back into playing Princess Maker 2, so forgive me if any of this has already been mentioned in this very long thread...

Browsing other sites, there appears to be some misinformation concerning the daughter running away.

Morality is not a factor as many believe. Instead, it's Faith.

She even gives you hints about this when you talk to her, saying something like "I believe living in accordance with the Lord will make you happy regardless of the situation."

I discovered this because my daughter kept running away for apparently no reason. She had zero stress. She was well-behaved with 0% delinquency. She had Morality in the 180 range. Father relationship was mid-80s to 100. Basically, I doubled-checked a lot of factors because it was driving me nuts. It was literally once every 2 months that she would run away.

Her Sensitivity was very high -- over 600. So as people have suggested, it absolutely IS a factor. That got me thinking... If Sensitivity represents her emotions and compassion, then Faith must represent her conviction and mental toughness. I looked at her Faith, and it was half as much as her Sensitivity....so I decided to test the theory.

As long as I kept her Faith higher than her Sensitivity, she never ran away. Not once. Not even when I ran her Stress up to 200. Some people may not realize how significant that is (which I will come back to later).

That leads me to another misconception. Constitution determines how much Stress will make her Sick. It only affects how much Stress she can handle physically.

Constitution ==> Sick
Faith ==> Delinquency
Sensitivity ==> Runaway

So if Sensitivity is higher than Faith, your daughter is more likely to run away than become Delinquent. If her Sensitivity is very low, but her Faith is somewhat high, then you can run Stress as high as Constitution will allow without getting Sick. If Faith is lower much lower than Constitution, she'll eventually become Delinquent. You can keep try to work her as if she doesn't get turned away, but there's a catch -- she'll get arrested.

That was a twist I hadn't come across yet. Her Sensitivity was 16, Faith 97, and Constitution 210. I ran her Stress up to about 240 before she was arrested. She had been Delinquent since around 184.

This leads me back to why I said Stress of 200 was significant. If you're using Dolls to reduce Stress, you may encounter problems. Dolls don't remove stress. They only allow her to temporarily ignore it. If you sell a Doll in the Pawn Shop, you'll notice that her Stress will rise by 40 again. So if she has 5 Dolls, that 200 Stress is really 400 instead. It's still there -- she's just been coping with it. Sensitivity reduces her ability to cope with Stress. Just so happens that each Doll raises Sensitivity by 5.

So Dolls are a double-edged sword. Give her Seafood instead.

It costs the same amount, but the stress reduction is permanent. She may gain a small amount of weight, but she'll lose it if you take her to the sea during summertime. Three Seafood (you're allowed one per month) add the same amount of weight as will be removed by one summer trip to the sea. So that's 3 months of weight removed by 1 vacation. With 3 summer months, that means you can feed her Seafood for the other 9 months, and she'll lose all the weight before heading into the tournaments.

So to sum up...
  • Buy Seafood rather than Dolls
  • Raise Faith to prevent Delinquincy
  • Raise Constitution to avoid Sickness
  • Keep Sensitivity lower than Faith to prevent running away.
  • Avoid running her Stress up while she's Delinquent -- she may get arrested, and she'll lose reputation and waste time.
Tenzu is offline                         Send a private message to Tenzu
Old 23-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #510
Unregistered111111

If anyone is still interested in playing the game, I've written a new FAQ that should help break down all of the aspects of the game, including on how to get the endings

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/562668-pr...r-2/faqs/72298