Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-11-2006, 04:21 AM   #641
Robert Gerrity

I recently started playing this game again, making my first attempt at super human. For some reason, right from the start (and into week 3) I have been unable to recruit androids or psionic mutants. My relationship with the two organizations is neutral, but none ever appear in my recruitment pool. Any suggestions? I'm using the version of the game downloaded from abandonware played through dosbox.

Old 13-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #642
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Changing your relationship with them to Allied might help. Did for me.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #643
Robby Gerrity

Shouldn't some sectoid hybrid mutants and some androids still be offered at the netural state? (or even at unfriendly?)

Weird.

I will try boosting to allied and see if this helps, thanks!

Old 14-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #644
laiocfar
NOD Commander

not at superhuman, i got my first hybrid after saving the delicatesen sectoids and still waiting for the androids,
Old 16-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #645
Gacu666

Hi!

I've got a technical question.

I have to versions of the game. One with the red background and a X on it (the one downloaded from abandonia), a CDrip version and also I have a full CD version with different menu (which looks like this [except the russian and the microprose logo): http://cvr.pl/gry/pic/x-com-apocalypse/x-com-a-logo.jpg)

(The funny thing is that at the bottom there are the trade marks and etc. and there is a mistake in "Microprose" where they typed "MiOprose", that doesn't occur in the red X logo background version.)

Now the question is. Are those just different versions (US/ Euro) or is this some kind of an alpha or something? The full cd version works fine (but you have to copy the 59 and 60 maps too...) I finished the game once on it and Im wondering if the other version is different or not. Dunno if Ill have time to check it myself and the CDrip version lacks music so the game is like half fun and all .

Cheers.
Gacu666 is offline                         Send a private message to Gacu666
Old 17-11-2006, 07:20 AM   #646
EstonianMan(mE/ST)

Y haven't know that X-Com series have X-Com:Apocalypse. Y see Apocalypse first time in there abandonia
But that game is really good... k:
---

Old 17-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #647
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Are those just different versions (US/ Euro) or is this some kind of an alpha or something?[/b]
Different versions, AFAIK. Don't know whether they have any changes in the actual gameplay, though.

Have both, too.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-11-2006, 01:13 AM   #648
Petter1979
Game freak

Have anyone had problems running this game with dosbox? I remember when i used dosbox on this game it ran slow, really slow mouse orientation, game would crash a few times.

Atm i have pulled out a old rig i made for the game, celly 366Mhz SB AWE64 value isa soundcard, and so on. But im using the keyboard/mouse/monitor for my 2nd pc, so i am unable to use my 2nd pc then.

Is there still these problems with dosbox and the game or have they been fixed?
Petter1979 is offline                         Send a private message to Petter1979
Old 19-11-2006, 03:49 AM   #649
Gacu666

Thanks for the reply ;].

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Petter1979 @ Nov 18 2006, 03:13 AM) [snapback]267436[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Have anyone had problems running this game with dosbox? I remember when i used dosbox on this game it ran slow, really slow mouse orientation, game would crash a few times.

Atm i have pulled out a old rig i made for the game, celly 366Mhz SB AWE64 value isa soundcard, and so on. But im using the keyboard/mouse/monitor for my 2nd pc, so i am unable to use my 2nd pc then.

Is there still these problems with dosbox and the game or have they been fixed?
[/b]

You dont need the dosbox anymore. Just use the VDMS_apoc.bat and the VDMS sound drivers. You just install the drivers which is an emulator of old sound cards and you use the .bat to play, simple as that and works awesome.

In my example I have an old laptop (266mhz 64mb ram, 3gb hdd 8xCD) and works like a charm, except for the movies (which are slowed down and theyre skipping, but I always had that on old comps), but its nice to lay in your bed and enjoy the old games :P.
Gacu666 is offline                         Send a private message to Gacu666
Old 20-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #650
Petter1979
Game freak

Well im going to keep my old custom rig for now as a new 2nd pc, since most of the old games works flawlessly on it, here is a few im playing now.

Xcom Apocaplypse
Master of Magic
Moonstone
Pirates Gold

I have used VDMSound before on Xcom Apocaplypse, but my experience were mixed. Sometimes the game worked a whole day, sometimes i had some locups in the game.
Petter1979 is offline                         Send a private message to Petter1979