Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-03-2007, 07:02 AM   #11
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Doesn't seem to be anything out of ordinary.

Quote:
sbtype=sb16[/b]
You might want to try sbtype=sbpro2 (just in case, because it appears slightly more compatibile).

Other than that, did you try redownloading and reinstalling DosBox? See if the problems still occur with an earlier version.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #12

YAY! Tried DOSBox version 0.65 after trying sbpro2 (which didn't work) and sound's good! Thanks a lot

Old 23-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #13
Giga

Just a thing though, the game kinda has "LOTS" of exes and bats where the game can initiate from, and now, FULL, the bat I used earlier doesn't work, Instead, I use ufocd... it doesn't matter but can someone explain me why do some DOS games have so many forms of running the game? FULL gets bugged and UFO shows lots of errors and doesn't start, for example, I'm just curious...

Old 23-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #14
Giga

LOL, just tried out "ACTUAL" gaming, and well... 0.65 eats a HELL LOT of resources, I can only go so far as 15k cycles without cpu being at 100%, and that's slow as hell! :wallbash: This isn't playable...

Old 23-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try changing core=normal to core=dynamic in Dosbox.conf. This will allow you to run the game at higher cycles.

Alternatively, try using VDMSound to run it - VDMS does not offer as extensive emulation as DosBox, but doesn't take up as much of your CPU power either.

Quote:
YAY! Tried DOSBox version 0.65 after trying sbpro2 (which didn't work) and sound's good! Thanks a lot [/b]
Please make sure to report that issue to the Dosbox development team, complete with details on your hardware and driver versions. It's something they might want to fix by the time of next release.

Quote:
FULL, the bat I used earlier doesn't work[/b]
That's very odd, it worked for me both in 0.65 and the newer versions, no glitches or anything like that. Did you try getting a different copy of the game to run?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #16

Sorry I explained myself badly, what I meant is that when I reach 15kcycles CPU peaks at 100%... I've reported to the DOSBOX development team the happening. (dosbox.crew@gmail.com)

Old 23-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #17
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
what I meant is that when I reach 15kcycles CPU peaks at 100%[/b]
Yes, that's exactly how I understood you.
You see, setting Core to Dynamic increases the maximum cycle value your machine can handle. Just try it and find out for yourself.

-- Reed Richards
Old 23-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #18

Oh, ok sorry ll. Anyway, i've just tried VDMsound-it's VERY BUGGY (for me, lots of error and I can't get past 5 secs in games with a BIG VARIETY of errors in all bats/exes... gonna try that cpu thing now

Old 23-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #19
Giga

OK, FINALLY! I'll be able to play normally w/ sound

I managed to get my BUS from 100 to 133, never bothered to do so... either way now instead of 1200mzh it's 1600mzh and BUS got quite a boost, 266hz now I think... anyway now i can run .65 good with sound only with CPU at 40's thanks for help horseman