Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Let's play Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader!

With my brand new computer I started to play this game as a MAGE s I always wanted. And I like the strenght of it much more then the warrior's way! Area-destruction is simply uncomparable.

I walk the Pass of Fire, only because it has the most items and perks. Not that you'd want that many perk unlike its stepsister, the Falout series - no, in Lionheart the perks you want are achiavable around 24-30th level, and players usually reach level 40 at the end.

Oh, don't forget to install the patch, and the Bonus CD!
The bonus CD is like for Baldur's Gate 2, but here you only get 2 items and a simple quest. Well, these two items also serve the Fire Mage Build, just another reason.

Now, I opn this topic for me and yoga for start, but feel free to join!

In the next post I'll give some details you'll find nowhere else, not even these two excelent link (1, 2).
Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So, I promised some cool things you might know only from first hand playing the game:
- You want to do 4 things in game: find items (and traps), speech, lockpick and fight. So at the start my advice is to pump your speech to 50, it'll help a lot, and speech-items are hard to come by then. During the middle of the game you'll probably want ca. 110 speech, and the alternate ending requires 180.
- troll fighting: if you have an area-effect spell, like Halo of Frost, they are piece of cake. Still don't bring the Bear NPC near them.
- in Barcelona's tavern is a chest with Serpent's Bile and Ale. Also the irish can buy you a free SP besides the drunken guy, to who talk with drink a SP and an Ale (most cost-efficient). Alcohols are the only "drugs" in Lionheart.
- at the Deva of Pain again if you have area-effect spells (or an item with similar attribute) you can win the boosts easier. Finally some reason for all the manaspirits down there!
- from Shylock you can borrow 500$ without consequences (= free money).
- at Captain Morales' quest before deciding what to do, LIE to Isabella for some exp.
- easy exp comes from the Kahn if you talk to him w/o reason, then when backing tell him some goblin poem (of Grujum), or promise you'll sing his name everywhere (hey, free exp is god exp).
Also when fighting him do NOT bring the Bear or the inquisitor to resque, as he'll surely kill them.
- if you attack the escaping goblins at the goblinhunters' camp, it is like attacking the goblin village itself!
- Random Etheral Areas: Ruin (easy), Forest (when you meet titans here your NPCs will stay out of the fight), Plane (easiest area, where the enemy can drop weapons unique to this place), Wasteland (hardest if you have NPCs)
- at the Deva of Lies and Deception if you have speech, you don't have to make the promise.
- in the tavern of Montallieu one bar patron can buy you a free wine. Interrestingly you HAVE TO buy wine from the owner to start the Local Treasure quest, but THAT wine won't appear in your inventory!
- in Montalieu's cemetary not just the tomb of the Local Treasue Quest is useful. Another can summon some undead to be fought (again easy exp).
- before finishing the Tolouse quest do every subquest there, because the titans will vanish!
- Rock Titans can only be harmed from the Fire School by the Fire Orb spell (no idea why).

I'm around the middle of the game curently, going for the Lance.
Interrestingly I got my Perfect Boots (speed + carry weight + manaregeneration) very early, around level 6-8. I'm currently level 25.
My perks:
educated, power from beyond, mental focus, tough hide (my race is sylvant), mark of fire, rejuvenation. Should I list the given perks too?
I sadly missed the opportunity of the Gain Intelligence perk, because I got the INT-improving given perks before I realised it'd be good to have, as I realised a little late that stats above the race's maximum DO take effect, only at the character-creation suffer you the restriction.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Hi and wait
dear twillight,

I started the game before 5 hours and for very first time.
Where are these bonuses?
Can You recommend me the race knowing very well my habits?

TY.

I know nothing about that game.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Hi and wait
dear twillight,

I started the game before 5 hours and for very first time.
Where are these bonuses?
Can You recommend me the race knowing very well my habits?

TY.

I know nothing about that game.
You can find the bonus content on youtube. No joking. In the description-box is the direct download-link. All content will be in the first city ingame.

About races:
- Demokins are excelent unarmed or onehanded melee fighters because of their vampiric trait. It really helps to survive.
- Sylvants are good in Thought magic, what means they are the basic offensive spellthrowers around. If you consider this, keep in mind you'll need at least 2 type of attacks, what means you'll have to invest points into AT LEAST 2 magic school (one element magic - fire is good, , then most probably Thought Protective and Divine Fortitude). Also for the element I suggest either fire, or electricity, because you get cold damage early from Thought Protective magic, so that'd mean no secondary help early for a cold mage (and cold spells doesn't look that attractive).
- Feralkins I suggest to you, because they are good with twohanded weaponry, and with a little bit of foolhardy-attitude it will not be hard to compensate the lack of shield, what are only good for some more resistances anyway (except for fire and cold mages). This race also has easier way sometimes, because instead of fight they get some quest or other minor help instead occasionally.
- I have no idea about "humans".

An advice: this is a COMBAT BASED game, where although speech can give you better rewards and such, but the prime part is the battle. So forget about a diplomat or sneaky character! (If you ever have to sneak, just drink a stealth potion.)
Old 08-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Now, as yoga gave me thinking on things, I mention some builds I'd like to see/try out:
- a character built to use necromancy
- a bow user
- someone who seriously invest into Divine Favour

Oh, and about the "given perks", before I forget again:
- "Enemy of the Inquisition" is NOT in the game
- "Enemy of the Knights Templar" is NOT in the game
- "Enemy of the Wielders" is NOT in the game
- I don't know wether "Slayer of Innocents" is in the game or not
- I don't know the consequenses of "Merchant Slayer" or "Knight of Saladin Slayer"
Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

twillight,
I am in Slave pits, closed and guard outside.
After a while 2 warriors entered my pits and killed me.
My details:
yoga, Sylvant male, Bestial spirit
Hp 27, AC47,MC61
ST4;PE5;EN4;CH7;IN9;AG7;LK5
AP8
HR2
Critical chance 5
Traits Racial
Thug hit yoga for1 (1 piercing damage)
Thug hit yoga for3 (3 piercing damage)

What about my configuration?
Staying in the pit, some warriors come and killed me.
If escape what direction to hit?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk

Quote:
Is it honestly that hard to try out different paths...? This is a PC game where saves exist

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Old 09-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
twillight,
I am in Slave pits, closed and guard outside.
After a while 2 warriors entered my pits and killed me.
My details:
yoga, Sylvant male, Bestial spirit
Hp 27, AC47,MC61
ST4;PE5;EN4;CH7;IN9;AG7;LK5
AP8
HR2
Critical chance 5
Traits Racial
Thug hit yoga for3 (3 piercing damage)

What about my configuration?
Well, it doesn't matter what your build is at that point. As your Spirit suggests a) pick the lock and sneak out / kill the guard and run b) persuade the guard to let you out (just ask him, as he is totally drunk, and will mistake you with someone else).
Finally: run to the exit. Voilá, you survived! There is only 1 way open. And that way is NORTH.

You mistyped something too I think. What is your racial trait? And what are your tagged skills? Until I don't know these, I can't say anything.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Well, it doesn't matter what your build is at that point. As your Spirit suggests a) pick the lock and sneak out / kill the guard and run b) persuade the guard to let you out (just ask him, as he is totally drunk, and will mistake you with someone else).
Finally: run to the exit. Voilá, you survived! There is only 1 way open. And that way is NORTH.
You mistyped something too I think. What is your racial trait? And what are your tagged skills? Until I don't know these, I can't say anything.
Answer:
Pls do not forget that i see this game today..

Perks: Fire evasion
Traits: Dark gift
level 3
XP 3100
Skill points: 31
HP 36
Mana 71

Fighting: 89
Unarmed 12+
one-handed melee 18+
two-handed melee 15+
ranged weapon 29+
evasion 15+

Thieving 84
find traps/doors 17+
lockpick 17+
sneak 17+
diplomacy 33+

Divine magic 0
Divine favor 0
fortitude 0
smite 0
protective 0

Thought magic 10
electrical 10+
fire 0
ice 0
protective 0

Tribal magic 4
domination 1+
necromancy 1+
nature fury 1+
protective 1+

Q:
I am in Barcelona sewers, searching for some kid. I joined beggar guild. But can not find Some Ernesto. Can You help me?
Old 09-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #10
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Answer:
Pls do not forget that i see this game today..

Q:
I am in Barcelona sewers, searching for some kid. I joined beggar guild. But can not find Some Ernesto. Can You help me?
Uhm, yoga, I know you just started the game, but, uhm, what is your plan to your build?
I mean Dark Gift as trait basically signs you don't want to use thought magic. But you tagged Electrical Thought Magic. My opinion on Dark Gift is anyway "it is a waste".

Fire Evasion as perk? Interresting choice. Most people would try more overall defense (like Though Hide), hugh offensive bonus (like Lightning Rod), or above all skillpoints per level (people usually pick their first perks at level 5-6 in this game, two at once: Educated and Power from Beyond).

I think you tagged diplomacy, electric and ranged weapons. I'm not sure how will you be effective with this combination, but looks interresting no doubt, though I see tagging diplomacy a waste. But hey, it can't be too bad this way either.
Don't forget that you have unlimited ammunition type besides all the "cool" arrows! Also quickly firing from bow and casting magic right after it can deal fast damage - you'll need it I bet.

2) Stop looking for that kid in the sewers. Trolls are easily the hardest enemies in all Barcelona, and you'll have to fight a whole level filled with them to find the bozo. Go there only after you have 100 in electric.

3) Ernesto? How do you know about Ernesto when you never met him? He will be outside of Barcelona, in the Lago del rio Ebro area, in the southeast corner.
Maybe you're after Enrique, leader of beggars? Then he from the Sewer go to the Halls of Beggars (the passage is in the northeast corner of the Sewers), then you'll find this guy in the southeast corner of the map.

Anyway, a quick look on my stats:
prime stats: 6/10/5/11/12/4/7
racial trait: Fire Ancestry
traits: Gifted, Skilled
level: 25
hp/mp: 168/1397