Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-03-2019, 07:18 PM   #421
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
To tell the truth, I do not believe / think you missed much of anything by “accidentally” removing Diablo from your Desktop...

It will save you from many bugs and waste of time. However, I suspect that my words and opinions are biased and not “valid” since I am a former fan of the Diablo series... *shrug*

I don't think either. Itjust felt so comfortable knowing I could without fuss, in an instant pull them out again.
They are not just buggy, but primaly BORING as heck.

Unfortunately, Path of Exile I bet can not run on my system.

I'll at a time do a blind run with Divinity Original Sin I, but not sure when.
Aside these, I don't rly have any games in my library to play. Sure, would be nice to nkow the story of G.O.L.E.M. (last race/difficulty remained unplayed), and sure Bladies (for which I lost my saves, and I think even the CD) would be nice to play, although I know that's hopeless (stuck forever on Pharao Mask level).

I'll just read ancient Superman comics for a while I think.
And maybe rewatch Bionaic Woman (2007).
Oh, and I should progress with Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I did the 0, 1, 2 parts, but there are still 3700+ pages left...
Old 14-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #422
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Unfortunately, Path of Exile I bet can not run on my system.
Well, this reply was for Mystvan mostly, but if you really intended to - try it. It's quite merciful to resources. At least it freezes on my system _orders_ less than D:OS2, and never grab so much processor times since new (3.0) build.

Drawback here is that it "starts playing" long before all textures loaded (easily detected by heavily working HDD and missing pictures in the inventory), so while it "works", actually it needs another minute or two to chew all data. But after that it quite light-loaded and responsive for all session. And it's info for a common SATA, not a solid drive.

Oh, and it's always online, if it matters for you, so sometimes can be unstable. Very rarely though.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 14-03-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 14-03-2019, 11:42 PM   #423
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post

Install now Path of Exile and waste a lot of time again. Mua-ha-ha.
Quote:

Well, this reply was for Mystvan mostly, but if you really intended to - try it. It's quite merciful to resources. At least it freezes on my system _orders_ less than D:OS2, and never grab so much processor times since new (3.0) build.

Drawback here is that it "starts playing" long before all textures loaded (easily detected by heavily working HDD and missing pictures in the inventory), so while it "works", actually it needs another minute or two to chew all data. But after that it quite light-loaded and responsive for all session. And it's info for a common SATA, not a solid drive.

Oh, and it's always online, if it matters for you, so sometimes can be unstable. Very rarely though.
Ugh !!! Looks like a Nightmare! I appreciate your suggestion, but no thanks!

I think the game should be renamed to Path to Hell. Or maybe the name is correct because it would be Path to Exile because the player / gamer would not have much patience and the game would literally be for Exile (uninstall) or Trash Can / Recycle Bin...
Old 15-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #424
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, it whole orders more involving than Diablo II for me. And you said you are fan of D2! Heretic! :P

Actually, it's easily can be finished in 2-3 weeks, on pace 1-2 hours per day, if you want the plot part only. But suit yourself, of course.
Old 15-03-2019, 07:22 PM   #425
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post

I'll at a time do a blind run with Divinity Original Sin I, but not sure when.
Aside these, I don't rly have any games in my library to play. Sure, would be nice to nkow the story of G.O.L.E.M. (last race/difficulty remained unplayed), and sure Bladies (for which I lost my saves, and I think even the CD) would be nice to play, although I know that's hopeless (stuck forever on Pharao Mask level).
Well, it is very unfortunate that some developers are so childish and stupid to develop games, phases, puzzles humanly difficult to solve. Is this fun and encourages you to continue playing such game?

The last puzzle of Legend of Kyrandia II, before the end of the game, the last 02 puzzles of the Machinarium, some puzzles in Adventure game such as Syberia II, etc. are “complex” without Walkthrough.

Although, some gamers disagree with me, I am clearly in favor of using any means of circumventing these annoyances so that you do not get stuck in a phase.

It would be a lot of frustration, waste of money and waste of time when you can not finish a game. Well, that would be my personal opinion. *shrug*

Ugh... I managed to solve the damn Puzzle in Forest of Solitude (Chocobo Forest), a Side Quest in FFVIII, because I bought $$$$$ the “blessed” Walkthrough / Guide published by Brady Games years ago.

Quote:

Well, it whole orders more involving than Diablo II for me. And you said you are fan of D2! Heretic! :P

Actually, it's easily can be finished in 2-3 weeks, on pace 1-2 hours per day, if you want the plot part only. But suit yourself, of course.
Yes, I’ve been a fan of Diablo and Diablo II, but there are better RPG games... I hated it when you can not save the game when your character is in a place and needs to restart and face all those monsters again in Diablo II.

If at least the Diablo II save system was like Diablo’s (save where, when you stopped playing it) or save after a Check Point, it would be smarter and fairer in my opinion. Well, matter of opinion and personal taste. *shrug*
Old 16-03-2019, 02:16 PM   #426
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:

It would be a lot of frustration, waste of money and waste of time when you can not finish a game. Well, that would be my personal opinion. *shrug*

Well, I'm not sure what u refer here exactly, but let me share my 5 cents.
I rely (heavily) on walkthroughs because:
- most games (like 90-99%) which have quest-system rely on two things: a) high enough level from quests b) quests which conflict with each other if you don't do them in the right order, so Quest A cancels Quest B easily. This is obviously donetoforce you to buy "official guides" and crap, even in the Age Of Internet. It's dumb, but it exists.
Many times grinding is not even possible as substitute.

- I am a bad gamer. Or at least not good. Idefintely lkack the skills to win a first person shooter multiplayer game, or any other game built on the first Quake's method. Thus I have to rely on tried methods. Sure, I adapt the guides to my own liking, but I definitely need support. So the games for me transform into some kinda interactive novels instead of the intended games.
Which is in a way bad, but on the other hand I don't realy mind.

Now none of the games I mentioned fall into this category.
Baldies almost surely has nothing special when you beat the last level. Sure, as I consider myself a pro in that game that's kinda bad news, but to be honest, that game has like 3 strategies for a hundred level, so who realy cares?
And for G.O.L.E.M. I'd need a crapload of times to do the last difficulty, but that game rly has like 1 startegy for all the levels (only with minor variation in units), and in theory the three stories are probably intended to be independent... But I felt excitement to interwave them. But it's darn repetitve in all respect, so I just drifted away years ago.

the last game I tried to solve w/o walkthrough was Maniac Mansion, but it was complex, I didn't rly speak english, it was looong (timed events and crap), no idea of the use of characters, and it even had bugs and unsolvable turn of events (getting captured too soon, turning the telescope the wrong way etc.).
I had to solve games like Warcraft 1, or Total Annihilation kingdoms myself, but even Heroes of Might and Magic 3 I only went relying on myself until a beastmaster level which took me literaly monthes to solve (I got into a twofront war, transporting my entire army all across the map every stupid turn).
Then I realised Fog of War is a stupid thing, and I only have like 10 fingers, and my reaction time isn't that great (for normal life it is perfectly fine, I'm just not to the point of jet-pilot), and I notoriously avoid using extra programs (clickbots, maphacks, etc), which all culminates to falling back on abandonedware
Old 17-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #427
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:

Hmmm... I think I would not even have to play Baldies to get baldie... Just playing this “blessed” game...

I was a fan of the Diablo series because the story, the Characters interested me a lot. I kept reading the background of the Characters (NPCs), Religious Orders, Angels, Demons, etc. on The Arreat Summit years ago.

But after Blizzard’s bad joke of transforming the Diablo into a Shounen character (Diablo III and Expansion), I was very disappointed. It was really a waste of money and time for me.

twillight’s Post

I think I have “normal” (??) abilities, but I do not have the patience to keep repeating the same thing, phase, etc. several times. For me, it would be pure waste of time and nothing practical.

I would use Cheats such as Walkthrough, Cheat Codes, Savegame Editors, Trainers, as I have more interest in Plot, Storyline, Characters, Music, etc. than showing Dexterity, Expertise.
Old 19-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #428
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
The last puzzle of Legend of Kyrandia II, before the end of the game, the last 02 puzzles of the Machinarium, some puzzles in Adventure game such as Syberia II, etc. are “complex” without Walkthrough.

Although, some gamers disagree with me
You knew. :P
Quote:
Yes, I’ve been a fan of Diablo and Diablo II, but there are better RPG games...
It depends on what do you name "better". While there _are_ better games in different areas, Diablo established and D2 improved "standard" of what can be named now "Diablo-like RPG". I.e. main goal is the character and his loot. Monsters and even plot only secondary to it. And in this area not much RPG can overrun Diablo 2. PoE - can, easily.
Quote:
I hated it when you can not save the game when your character is in a place and needs to restart and face all those monsters again in Diablo II.
Then no, you will not enjoy PoE, unfortunately. Monster respawn is the core gameplay (how could you get all this loot otherwise?), so cannot be removed.

...But all of them are quite weak monsters...
Quote:
I was a fan of the Diablo series because the story, the Characters interested me a lot. I kept reading the background of the Characters (NPCs), Religious Orders, Angels, Demons, etc. on
Then you still _can_ enjoy PoE. There are _a lot_ of such info, as integrated into plot, as presenting in item lore, at NPC, etc. Again: stick to plot only to avoid too much frustration.
Old 19-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #429
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:

You knew. :P

It depends on what do you name "better". While there _are_ better games in different areas, Diablo established and D2 improved "standard" of what can be named now "Diablo-like RPG". I.e. main goal is the character and his loot. Monsters and even plot only secondary to it. And in this area not much RPG can overrun Diablo 2. PoE - can, easily.

Then no, you will not enjoy PoE, unfortunately. Monster respawn is the core gameplay (how could you get all this loot otherwise?), so cannot be removed.

...But all of them are quite weak monsters...

Then you still _can_ enjoy PoE. There are _a lot_ of such info, as integrated into plot, as presenting in item lore, at NPC, etc. Again: stick to plot only to avoid too much frustration.
Hmmm ... Yes, I remember that twillight mentioned the term “hack-’n-slash”, typical in Diablo series in which the MC (Main Character) needs to eliminate the monsters, loot treasure and items, and the respawn of monsters allows enrichment and increase of MC’s level and skills.

However, the Drakensang series, although focusing heavily on the plot / storyline, side quests, also allows the respawn of monsters except for bosses that have been defeated and related cut-scenes.

I do not remember if the Dragon Age series had these characteristics as well. I almost completely forgot the details of when I played (at the time I was not feeling well years ago )... And another thing, EA had made an Official Savegame Editor available to anyone who wants to use and cheat... Although some things do not work well as increase the affection of your companions for MC... Well, it can’t be helped... *shrug*

Well, I already played not using cheats when playing Action, Platform, Strategy and Simulators, but I preferred the method easier, faster and more practical now.

Ugh! I increased the levels and abilities of the Characters in the game named Brave Soul by playing for several hours (without using cheats except at the beginning of the game as the Editor or Trainer increased the level only partially) and added unavailable information (about Items) in Guides and Walkthroughs available at that time.
Old 29-03-2019, 08:10 AM   #430
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Unhappy Swamp Attack (again)

I always wondered how such a perfectly Free To Play game can exist.
You can win everything (if you pass some frustrating early grinding) without paying anything, and it is fun, and nice, and even the play-limiting charges last a long time (especialy considering battery charges).
Mentioning battery: it doesn't drain it like a hungry vampire, and if it deplets, you don't loose your progress, or your entire game (Plants vs Zombies 2 had such problem...).

The problem of the game is, it can not be extended indefinitely, because it doesn't rely exclusively on random and consumables (stuff you pay for), and most of the updates always were just putting more armor on the attackers.

But the latest update rly started to turn things into True 'Free' To Play, aka. Pay To Win.
The newly introduced Challenge Levels are damn annoying, the newest consumable is way too rare to find normaly, and doesn't even help in agood portion of those levels.
The newest shop-items depend on the Challenge Levels where you can not use them, and I'm not even convinced of their usefulness.

Not to mention the storyline was thin already, but these cutsy new animal enemies are making it paperthin. It can be they are the result of the ufos and the mad scientist's combined effort, but I'd need something substantial for this aside the bosses, pls.